India-Forums

Kayamath
Kayamath

Ekta's blatant misuse of The Gita!

pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 8:30am | IP Logged

I can forgive Ekta & Co a lot of things and accept a lot of inanities or else why would I still be watching this show?

But last night's episode simply went too far. Ekta has been accused of misusing shlokas before but this time she went beyond the limit.

She actually took the most famous lines from the Bhagvad Gita....the lines that Krishna spoke and applied it to a terrible action that the villain of Kayamath committed.

While Ayesha went about very deliberately setting fire to the store room without caring whether her 'Meri Milind' would fry to a crisp, in the background BT had the audacity to play the lines "yedha yedha hi dharmasiya,  glaneer bhavati bahrata......

These lines were spoken by Krishna when he told Arjuna that whenever there is evil in the world, he, Krishna would appear to end all injustice.

Well, Ekta has had it backwards..here is an evil person who's putting an end to good...so  how the heck did these line fit in here?

And she plans to produce the Mahabarata!!!!

I may have missed any other significance but I doubt it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kgh212121

pippa IF-Rockerz
pippa
pippa

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:40am | IP Logged

. Wow! 25 hits and not a single reply.

I guess  no one else thought it a sacrilege.Cry

I suppose I over reacted!
It's enough to make me stop watching the show....who am I kidding? Will come back till the reunion is pukka.

Edited by pippa - 01 May 2008 at 9:43am
tweety_me14 IF-Rockerz
tweety_me14
tweety_me14

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Yes Pippa, youre right...Ekta has no quams about making a mockery of religion and people's beliefs.. These people now hide under the cover of their so-called disclaimer! They are sick... Dead
tweety_me14 IF-Rockerz
tweety_me14
tweety_me14

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:40am | IP Logged
No you didn't...Infact we all should over react and let Ektaa know that she can't get away all the time!
ppanache IF-Sizzlerz
ppanache
ppanache

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by candyfloss

i love that music..it reminds me of sasha.i find the whole rhythm very cool. Smile

Candy...it is not music....it is a sacred sloga for hindus!Embarrassed
wande IF-Rockerz
wande
wande

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:11am | IP Logged
I agree with u dear I'm just to tired to type that all
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Looks like BT does not know the meaning of the sanskrit slokas. Such imbeciles have no business shooting an epic like Mahabharat.
shali IF-Sizzlerz
shali
shali

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:29am | IP Logged
I just saw the epi...

and yep that was the first thing what hit me .... why was that slog used.... it had NOTHING to do with what was going on....

but pippa I wouldn't waist my energy to get pissed on ekta cause she doesn't care....

Go to top