India-Forums

Prithviraj Chauhan
Prithviraj Chauhan

Nakul Singh Mehta~PRC's descendant

frend4ever IF-Dazzler
frend4ever
frend4ever

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 2:37am | IP Logged
This royal blood is not new to the glam world. He has done 50-odd ads and theatre for four-and-a-half years now. His lineage is up on the walls of his tastefully done pad in Juhu in the form of paintings of his forefathers in all their royal finery. Mehta Laxmilal, Nakuul's great grandfather who was the commander-in-chief of Mewar in the late 19th Century, stares down majestically from above his 150-year-old sword and helmet in a glass showcase.

Nakuul's father Pratap Singh Mehta, who continued the legacy of serving the country as a commander in the Indian Navy, is a veteran of the Indo-Pak war of 1971. And now it's Nakuul's turn who has chosen to entertain the people instead. He is going to be launched opposite Kumar Mangat's daughter Amita Pathak in Hal-E-Dil. "My parents have been very supportive," says Nakuul. And what is the reaction back home in Udaipur? "They are pretty excited.

There's not been a single mainstream actor from Rajasthan, though there are many singers," says the young actor who has his father's light eyes. Is he called a prince in Udaipur? "No, they call me 'Hero' cos' right from the beginning, they used to find me very filmi," laughs Nakuul. If there's anything princely about him apart from his blue blood, it's his passion for horse riding. "I rode a horse at the age of three. I love anything to do with horses. And I think my hobby of stamp and coin collection is also from my forefathers. Hamare paas Akbar ke zamaane ke coins hai. I have around 5,000 stamps," says Nakuul, who is trained in martial arts, dancing and is now learning an art called B Boying. "It's about using your body and not any weapon to fight, but what I'm learning is a dance form," he clarifies.

Coming from a family of warriors, he always thought that he would do action films. "I used to get offers to do romantic films, I declined them, but I agreed to do Hal-E-Dil because I felt the role was just right for me," he says. And would he ever like to be in a film made on Prithviraj Chauhan? "I would love to. I think it will come to me one day. Someday I'll play a warrior king," says Nakuul with conviction. Has he been told that he looks like Hrithik Roshan? "Is it," he asks. I tell him that even Harman Baweja and Neil Nitin are said to look like Hrithik. "Oh, then I would like to hear that I look like Nakuul Mehta," says the actor, who is actually a die-hard fan of Hrithik Roshan.

here is his pic:

mad-about-Rajat IF-Dazzler
mad-about-Rajat
mad-about-Rajat

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 2:40am | IP Logged
I read it in Mumbai Mirror two days back....thanks Astha Clap Clap I've seen this guy in many ads before
frend4ever IF-Dazzler
frend4ever
frend4ever

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mad-about-Rajat

I read it in Mumbai Mirror two days back....thanks Astha Clap Clap I've seen this guy in many ads before

welcome reeti Big smile
mad-about-Rajat IF-Dazzler
mad-about-Rajat
mad-about-Rajat

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 2:59am | IP Logged
oops srry...not Mumbai Mirror...Bombay Times Tongue
frend4ever IF-Dazzler
frend4ever
frend4ever

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mad-about-Rajat

oops srry...not Mumbai Mirror...Bombay Times Tongue

okkkkk...... Smile
_A_d_i_t_i_ Goldie
_A_d_i_t_i_
_A_d_i_t_i_

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:15am | IP Logged
he is cute Embarrassed Embarrassed
frend4ever IF-Dazzler
frend4ever
frend4ever

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Silver Screen

he is cute Embarrassed Embarrassed

Wink
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:14am | IP Logged

hey astha , that info is really cool

but how can he claim to be descendant of PRC?

is he a direct descendant or distant?

Go to top