Aek Chabhi Hai Padoss Mein

DOTWWill moreU/Sairtime bring up ratings? - Page 5

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: ketaki_ry

Now, I don't agree here completely.

coz one of the major reason me and few families i know watch chabi over bbb coz they finish the stories in few weeks maximum. I think thats a part which makes this entertainment light!!

Specially one hour episodes which end on happy note or even the fact that u know this story wont drag along ..- there is nothing like it! 😊 👏

but yes, I do agree that some sort of contunuity will add to the value of the show.. e.g. after the story has finished - they can show some background scenes etc on them while showing other next mainstories .. e.g zoya - this one is either there if any main story is related to her or or not there at all!.. but, I actually liked mushtaq's returning back to normal and lauki episodes coz i think it set chabi apart.. (and once ppl start watching it, they can appreciate it..)

but yes, now that  S-U story has moved on, there is so much they can show to not only keep ppl hooked but also attract new ppl's attention..😊

how should i explain this...its like what they have done with s/u track. shown their relationship gradually move from one level to another...and it has been going on for more than a year. they can do something similar with the other characters too. like for instance friends...they show all 6 of them at once. if nothing else it will be something random like when rachel child proofs the house joey is bumbling around trying to get his way around. he was shown alone doing this without anyone getting wiser and it was funny. they have good comic actors like sukka, jugle, guptaji.

then when a friend doesnt have his/her own story that week they are atleast there to chip in with their comments and one liners. and then most episodes have atleast 2 paralell mostly random stories going on which end in one episode. but in all the episodes there is the underlying track of the relationship between the friends. nothing dramatic really happens there. and when it happens also its gradual. they have done this with s/u successfully but not with the other characters. for instance from last march till this march they could have shown what's up in zoya's life. but suddenly she was shown to be having a talent for designing. or deewane attempting to do something(even if they dont succeed). or what's up in rose's life after she took the loan or what were saurabh and mahua doing about having a baby for the past one year till they adopted mili. and ya most imp what is sandeep doing for a living now that he will be supporting the high maintainence urmi...or maybe what is urmi planning to do after she completes her studies? and what's up in suman's life? and what's up with arjun?

This content was originally posted by: ketaki_ry

yup, like past episodes.. even past cameos will do! will help attracting lot of attention.

yes even i agree...past cameos will esp ria. we miss her the most. 😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ketaki_ry thumbnail
aah! i see what u mean now. 😳 yes, they need to gardually take their lifes like real life..

thru' short stories per episode. Friends style. exactly.

yes, I wish they do that!
TheRager thumbnail
yup....they suddenly focus on an issue for an epi and then forget it. which they shouldnt. its ok to forget stuff like the babas coming to CG. but not imp stuff connected to their lives. also they must celebrate more festivals. that generally enlivens the show. any show actually. if they dont have festivals we can have birthdays, anniversaries. and ofcourse upcoming engagement and weddings. 😃
sonia77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ket, Shreya..both of you i must say once again have done excellent analysis...and hats off to it really!!!..however i really dont think people or viewers rather are getting in depth into content!!!..i believe people watch if they like and dont of they dont..i also believe people watch whats forced down their throat and dont watch what is not shown!!!...a prime example of the second type of people are like my father and loads of men i believe in India...sitting with the family having dinner somewhere between 9 pm and 10.30 pm...starplus is on TV....thanks to women folk wanting to watch serials..now my father would not specially sit down to waych Karturi or Kyunki Saas bhi ....but he has no choice and as a result he too becomes a forced viewer!!!..now there would be loads and loads of people like this and thats exactly what my point is....anything that comes in a good time slot...will become POPULAR....i am very sure my father and people like him would happily watch Aek Chabhi if it came prime time...so thats where also Aek Chabhi is loosing out on major viewership!!!..infact its not story..content ..which is causing low ratings..only U/S i feel need to be given more importance..other than that...its between star and them really!!!!!!
ketaki_ry thumbnail
even Prmotions if shown really frequently are bound to catch ppl's attention - and atleast make them wonder why r they showing this? maybe i will watch it this friday..

And then at this point is where all these minute details things and more of S-U aitime come in, to make the show even more gripping! (It already is quite gripping currently..) thats why I think it needs to be promoted well.

oh well.. hopefully star will think abt promotions and chabi about more S-U time.
TheRager thumbnail
agree with the sonia on the slot and ket on the promotion bit. but i guess both these things are in star plus' hands and they obviously arent interested. so the next best thing the makers can do if they want to is to improve the content so that more people tune in regularly...trps increasing(hopefully) and then they can have a lil talk with star abt the slot and promotions.
Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
sigh......i hope star plus does something for aek chabi now.... the trps for the last epi of aek chabi was 4........bad.......not good....n i havent seen any add, let alone a promo this whole week........what is going on??? i have no clue....

As for stories for aek chabi, its an open book, they can add so many stories, with each of their lives, plus they can add other ppl, eg, now that urmi will not be free, they can add another girl.. whos opp of urmi , but equally beautful and then a guy, whos like sandy , but opp of sandy n falls in love with the new girl along with the 4 vellas........they can do a marvellus job with this serial....they have so many options , it can thrive on it......
sonia77 thumbnail
I tend to agree with you Fazila..the scope is massive!!!!....they can really just go on and on and on..by the way does anyone remember the hit show Nukkad....again a mohalla..on the same lines as aek chabhi..does anyone remember how long it lasted??????
ketaki_ry thumbnail
I hv heard abt it. It was quite like chabi ,and aparently very appriciated as well. but there is no point comparing abt it to chabi as it was completly diff kind of industry at that time.

Yes, Chabi has got vast scope for stories  and I do hope it continues for many many many episodes! - It is the best light entertainment on Indian Tele not just star plus. I hope they dont chop it off. and also hope they give it the promotion it deserves!

Edited by ketaki_ry - 15 years ago
sonia77 thumbnail
Hi Ket..do you know if its being aired tomorrow..has anyone seen any ad or promo at all???...was just a bit concerned...