Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Being labeled Anorexic or Fat... (Page 2)

Sara_DONT_ASK IF-Stunnerz
Sara_DONT_ASK
Sara_DONT_ASK

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ana1

i know but alot ppl escpially girls are self concious..a girl in my HS was over weight everytime she would walk by ppl would yell earthquake crap like that and its not always easy to turn the other way pretending it does not bother you.

Yes its not easy but if done once or twice with some courage...then next time dey wont dare repeat it...as its their own insult...when u dont react to it..!!!

ana1 IF-Rockerz
ana1
ana1

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 4:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Saara COMB

Originally posted by ana1

i know but alot ppl escpially girls are self concious..a girl in my HS was over weight everytime she would walk by ppl would yell earthquake crap like that and its not always easy to turn the other way pretending it does not bother you.

Yes its not easy but if done once or twice with some courage...then next time dey wont dare repeat it...as its their own insult...when u dont react to it..!!!

thats true Smile

darkness_123 IF-Rockerz
darkness_123
darkness_123

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged
I would hardly think that being called "anorexic" is a compliment! Anorexia is a sickness, a serious psychosomatic disorder.... I would be seriously offended if someone said that I looked sickly and expected me to be happy about it! Confused

If people are taking "anorexic" as a compliment, I expect compliments like "You look like a chicken pox patient" should be taken gracefully with fluttering eyelashes and a shy smile too. Stern Smile
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Dits Goldie
Dits
Dits

Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Models and girls who aspire to become models STARVE to stay thin and have a size zero waist. Of course, every teenager aspires to saty thin;they don't mid dehydrated or being anorexic, as long as they r thin, get it? Dead

Oh, and giving a tight slap to those who call u 'anorexic' or 'fat' isn't awise thing to do.....it provokes them.
Naughty_n_nice IF-Rockerz
Naughty_n_nice
Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 25 May 2008 at 3:21am | IP Logged

Being fat is rarely taken as a compliment by anyone, and i must say that it's pretty rude to call someone fat, unless you're close enough to say it as a friend, so that they know...

As for being anorexic, well, it's ALWAYS taken as a compliment. It's the "Oh gosh, I'm not anorexic, i REALLY want to put on weight you know!" And the next minute they go "Butter!!! Ahhhh!!!!!".... Talk about double standards. =)
corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 3:49am | IP Logged

Listen, society is cruel - end of story.

Detour from the society acceptable limits of "normal" and you can be reasonable sure you will attract some form of adverse attention.

One of the exeptions to this rule however seems to be the issue of size/weight.

When it comes to size/weight, detour on the excessive side (obese) and you definitely come off worse than if you detour on the lesser side (thin)

This is directly linked to the eternal desire of most women to be less in size than what they are, the difficulty they have in achieving weight loss, and the respect/envy that comes on seeing thin people who dont have the problem!

Society views people who are overweight/obese as having  lost control - bottom line. They have no will power, no self-love and are generally regarded as being weak minded individuals.

A thin person on the other hand is generally regarded as someone in control, who cares about their looks and appearance and therefore disciplined and strong minded.

Please note that this is my perception of society out there and not my own personal view.

Now, in so far as not caring what people say, i.e ignoring the insults about size etc, that takes a lot of training your own mind, self-love and confidence. However, it is the absemce of these three things that may have led to weight problems in the first place - so dont underestimate how much effort it requires to not be hurt by the insults/ digs about weight - its not all water off a duck's back.

Finally, we are all pretty rubbish at practising acceptance/tolerance, but it would do a lot of good if we tried.
Unfortunately for a lot of people such wisdom only comes with age........and I'm still only a toddler!!

Angry M Angry

Edited by Madmadgirl - 27 May 2008 at 3:52am
sweetmagic4u Goldie
sweetmagic4u
sweetmagic4u

Posted: 27 May 2008 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Anorexic as a compliment? Are these girls losing their brains from all this dieting? Confused

Anorexia is a DISEASE, people don't know the cascade of harmful effects it brings, for ex: anorexic girls often lose their period which causes hormonal imbalance!

I say either extreme is unhealthy not for how society views you but literally for health reasons. Keep healthy, stay fit, but only for yourself!

@RTH: Thanks for sharing the video, it was very meaningful.

Go to top