Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*The Unforgettable Bachchans Fan Club*~ (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 153

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan addresses the wedding guest list media controversy

The wedding of actor Abhishek Bachchan to actress Aishwarya Rai last year was perhaps the most widely media covered wedding event in India this decade. Pages and pages of media editorials and news and video and advertising footage were devoted towards Pratiksha and Jalsa, the house of the Bachchans. But after the wedding, a section the media painted Amitabh Bachchan as an 'elitist' for not inviting everybody to the private function. As names such as stars Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, ex-film star and high profile BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha, not to mention national level congress politicians like Sonia Gandhi were missing at the wedding.

One year later, in his blog at (bigb.bigadda.com), Amitabh Bachchan  finally addressed the issue directly in detail and explained to his fans as such:

" I find it below my dignity to give explanations to a matter that in my reckoning, is firmly embedded in the private domain. But let me tell you this. Every member of my entire staff with their families, people who have worked and remained with us for over 30 years, drivers, cleaners, kitchen staff, peons, minders, office bearers, security, helpers - formed the major portion of my list. They came as my guests. Not to work that day or help. They were my invited guests. My family, Jaya, Abhishek, Shweta, my grand children and I all sat with them and looked after them, served them food with our own hands and nothing in the world could have given us more pleasure than doing that. For me they were my most important guests. I did not need anyone else, for they were people who tirelessly have worked day in out with us. Lived through our pain and glory, through success and failure, through sadness and joy and never ever changed. They remained devoted...committed and constant. Their allegiance and sincerity never in doubt."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~*The Unforgettable Bachchans Fan Club*~ (Page 6)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan, Juhi Chawla awarded for cultural promotion

London, May 02: Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and Juhi Chawla were awarded for their contribution to cultural promotion at a function at the court house Kempenski here.

Lord Navnit Dholakia, NRI and Deputy Leader of the liberal democrats in the House of Lords, presented the 'International Award for Cultural Promotion' for 2008 to Bachchan last night describing him as an icon of the film industry.

Expressing gratitude to the star, Lord Dholakia said Bachchan, named the greatest star of the millennium by BBC online poll, had been a remarkable ambassador, not only in India, but for Indians all over the world.

"You have promoted the best in India all over the globe," he said.

In his brief response, the superstar, who flew in here yesterday afternoon from Bangkok, thanked the organisers for choosing him for the award.

Referring to Dholakia's remarks that his Scottish wife had seen Bachchan-starrer "Sholay" 15 times, Bachchan said, "We try our best to build bridges among the people."

Kartar Lalvani, an NRI entrepreneur and Chief of Vitabiotics, a leading vitamin producing company, presented the 'Cultural Promotion Award' to actor Juhi Chawla.

Chawla said she hoped to continue working to live up to the expectations of the people.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Abhishek- Aishwarya agian

Some years down the line Bollywood's most talked about couple most probably will be holding a record for the most number of appearances made by a real life B-Town pair as lovebirds on the big screen.

Ram Gopal Varma's latest offering 'Sarkar Raj' has not yet got released, but not itself the news of Abishek Bachchan and his Wife Aishwarya teaming up for an untitled movie of the master director Mani Rathnam is already attracting enough interest.

Seems like the directors get a spark of novel ideas, subjects, inspiration, great characters and all those other things that start of a film's journey from the creator's mind to the screen just by seeing this couple together.

Apparently the famous Director, Cinematographer Rajiv Menon who started off as a director with 'Minsara Kanuvu' starring Prabhu Deva and Kajol which came to B-Town as 'Sapnay' later on directed 'Kandukondain Kandukondain' a Tamil film with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in a key role is thinking of having the Abhi-Ash team in a film of his too.

Rajiv Menon who did the duties of the cinematographer for the film 'Guru' directed by Mani Rathnam narrated the story of the film to the star couple while they were in the sets of 'Guru'.

Abhi and Ash gave the go ahead signal to the director to work on the script after liking the romantic story.

The fates of the two movies at the box office in which the most wanted couple will be seen before Rajeev Menon's film gets to the floor will have an impact on the this future project.

But as the business in Bollywood goes, drastic changes can be made with box office fortunes kept in mind.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
The games AB loves to play...

Amitabh (TOi photo) More pics
Guess what the Big B's latest obsession is?

Playing online games. He says this is something he loves and enjoys doing with his grandchildren. When we caught up with AB, he was trying to learn some gaming tricks. And his competitors? A bunch of kids...

And AB had a ball trying his hand at some of the games and pranks. He was visibly thrilled. "Kids are becoming more and more important today. I'm glad I got to play with the children today. I'm looking forward to playing a few games with my grandchildren too," he smiled.

And as for the kids, they had a helluva of a time playing with their Bhootnath uncle.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:31pm | IP Logged

Ash comes first for Abhi

Aishwarya and Abhishek Bachchan in GuruHere is the secret mantra of Ash Abhi's successful marriage life. He says that when it comes to sharing things, his wife Ash takes the first seat. He feels that in Indian society marriage works following this rule and he too implements this in his happily married life.

Ash and Abhi share a strong bond with each other and complement each others achievement. Family comes first for them and amidst their busy schedule they find time to spend with each other and with Amitabh and Jaya. They had spent their first marriage anniversary in the beautiful locales of Miami. Though Amitabh and Jaya failed to be with them for their hectic schedule, they interacted with them via video conferencing.

Ash is taking great interest in reviving Amitabh's ABCL which he almost shunned after incurring heavy loss. There are many films that Ash and Abhi are doing together. They are cast opposite each other in Mani Ratnam's upcoming project, Rajeev Menon's Dhun and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani. Ramgopal Varma's Sarkar Raj is almost ready to hit the silver screen where Ash will be seen in a totally different role with Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged
"I'm not playing Mujibur Rahman" - Amitabh Bachchan

A report in a section of the press stating that Amitabh Bachchan would be playing the role of Bangladesh's founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman has the mega-star completely stumped, puzzled, and amused.

"I've no idea what all this is about. Lots of media persons have been calling since yesterday. I can't say where and how this report originated from. But it is not true," said the Big B from London on Saturday morning just before he boarded his flight back to Mumbai. Not only does the report state with absolute authority that the Big B plays Mujbir Rahman, it also quotes the film's producer as saying that the rest of the Bachchan clan, Abhishek and Aishwarya, will also feature in this bio-pic.

Continues the Big B, "I've no clue about this. There's nothing to it. At least not as far as I'm concerned. I'm hearing all this talk about this film for the first time." This isn't the first time that producers have made premature or unfounded announcements about the Big B's presence in a project. But it would have been interesting to watch him play a historical character. In all these years of superstardom, the Big B has never played a biographic figure. The closest he came to it was in Ram Gopal Varma's Sarkar where his role had shades of Bal Thackeray.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:30am | IP Logged

Bachchan takes on Ramadoss: bring law to stop alcohol scenes

New Delhi, May 3: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan has appealed to Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss to enact a law that would ban alcohol drinking scenes in films, in a strictly tongue-in-cheek entry on his blog.

type="text/javascript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js ">
"I shield myself behind the pages of our revered constitution and law and the censor board. Bring in a law to ban such participation and we shall follow it diligently Mr. Minister," Bachchan has written in his blog.

Asking for "mercy on professional actors", the mega star said they do not promote alcohol.

"We fake it on screen. Diluted tea, honeyed water, an aerated drink, soda watered to match the colour of champagne. That's what we are actually drinking on set to simulate the whisky.

"Our intoxication, Minister, is in the credibility we bring to a drunken scene without being literally drunk, not to propagate alcoholism," he explained in his entry made from his London hotel room.

"Have mercy on us, sire, we are but professional actors enacting stories."

Bachchan wrote: "You and your merry brethren, I have heard, allegedly (smart word to keep defamation at bay) enact similar stories when you seek admission every five years into the 'Large O' or to be more precise the 'Large Half O'!" The Large O refers to India's circular parliament building.

"I believe, Honoured Excellency, there is great respectability accorded to what I gather from sources (another smart word to keep defamation at even greater bay) to be, 'The Liquor Lobby', a body of distinguished 'hala ites' that, on the issuance of a licence to manufacture liquor, make gracious contribution to government coffers! Official, of course! Of course, official!!

"Did I notice a blushed tinge on your 'healthy' facial skin!"

After targeting film stars over smoking scenes, Ramadoss had Tuesday expressed his reservations against drinking scenes in films and appealed to film stars not to promote alcohol advertisements - direct or surrogate.

"I appeal to all of them not to promote alcohol. Alcohol cannot be justified as a stress reliever as portrayed in films. Liquor has become a subject of fun and humour in movies," he had said after unveiling the Alcohol Atlas of India.

The minister, however, had not named any actor.

Bachchan wrote: "You have not named me, Honoured Sir, on this factor. It is perhaps the general knowledge amongst most, that I do not consume alcohol, nor smoke, nor eat meat, nor drink tea or coffee, nor Coke or Pepsi, nor paan or paan masala, nor Indian sweets or chocolate, nor cake nor pastry and recently no rice. I am grateful for this mercy.

"But I have been named on your no-smoking campaign, along with my colleague the Great King Shah Rukh Khan.

"I applaud your concern, Sir, and applaud the choice of your example, in my dear friend and colleague, the other true King of Cinema, Rajnikanth. But Honoured Sir could we perhaps dare to inquire whether you, being in governance have considered first, to ban this dreaded habit from all government servants in the country?"

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:31am | IP Logged
An evening with the stars!

Amitabh with Shobhaa De (TOI Photo) More pics
Indeed when Amitabh Bachchan speaks, everyone listens.

Such is his command over words. So, when he got talking about Shobhaa De's latest book on India, he surely was incredible. Exemplifying, admiring and making a point about how Indians have progressed and where we still remain uneducated, Big B's words were resounding and kept the audience gripped. Before he took to the mike, there was a short reading session by Suhel Seth and a quick interview session with the author herself on the dais.

Tina Ambani walked in with a lovely bouquet of 'painters palettes', flashing her warm smile whenever a mention of the Ambanis would be made as role models for young Indians. "I hope I will get those flowers after this talk show," Shobhaa asked from the dais, and Tina nodded in affirmation.

Touching upon every aspect of India including the new generation Indian, the lifestyle habits of Narayan Murthy and the new-age Indian woman's power to lead, Shobhaa spoke about topics close to her heart. Present at the glittering function were Praful Patel, Nana and Munira Chudasama with daughter Shaina NC, the latter who was seen in conversation with Rashmi Thackeray, top cops Ahmed Javed and AN Roy along with his wife Mona, Tasneem Mehta and Anil Chopra. Avanti Birla, Haseena Jethmalani and Bijal Meswani found good company in each other, while Queenie Dhody was seen talking to Dilip De. The cocktail evening was filled with interesting discussions and the background sound of clinking glasses.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top