Celebrity Fan Clubs

*~*The Unforgettable Bachchans Fan Club*~ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 153

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fan_of_Big_B

'Sarkar Raj' to kick off IIFA weekend in Thailand (Lead)
Bangkok, April 30: Amitabh Bachchan starrer "Sarkar Raj" will kick off the 9th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards starting from June 6 in Bangkok.

The annoucement was made here Wednesday.

"I am delighted that my film 'Sarkar Raj' is being premiered at the prestigious IIFA awards and am eagerly looking forward to this splendid event," Amitabh, the IIFA brand ambassador, told media.

Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, the film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Ra. The three day event will end on June 8 with handing out of the awards .

The event is expected to draw Bollywood fans to Bangkok from around the region and to generate more business between India and Thailand. The two countries have signed a trade agreement.

The IIFA Weekend Bangkok is being sponsored by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Dusit Thani Hotel group, Siam Niramit Co, Indorama Group and the Bangkok Post newspaper.

wow cool..hey guys whens it releasing worldwidE??!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*~*The Unforgettable Bachchans Fan Club*~ (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Indian megastar Bachchan to play Mujib in a new venture

TOWERING FIGURES: Mujib and Bachchan

DHAKA: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan and his celebrity family members have all tentatively agreed to take part in a film based on the life of Bangladesh's founding leader, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, local media said yesterday.
Amitabh will take the role of Mujib in the film, named 'The Poet of Politics', while his son Abhishek Bachchan will act in the role of a young Mujib, Abdul Gaffar Chowdhury, the producer of the film, told ANA, a US-based Bangladeshi news agency.
The ANA report, published in several Dhaka dailies yesterday, said Chowdhury, an expatriate Bangladeshi journalist and newspaper columnist, also told the news agency that Amitabh's daughter-in-law and former Miss Universe, Aishwarya Rai, and renowned actress Sabana Azmi will also act in two key roles.
Shyam Benegal, the only director to have won India's National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi five times, will direct the movie.
"After getting the consent of Amitabh, I am now a relieved man. To project a person of the magnitude of Bangabandhu (Sheikh Mujib), I could not imagine no one other than him," Chowdhury was quoted as saying in New York.
"Now not only Amitabh, his other family members have also agreed to take up the challenge," added Chowdhury.
It was not clear when Chowdhury will start shooting the film, which will be made in English and dubbed into Bengali, Hindi and other languages.
Mujib, popularly called Bangabandhu, led Bengalis to an independence struggle in 1971, which resulted in the independence of former East Pakistan, now Bangladesh. Mujib was killed, along with most of his family, in a 1975 coup.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Amitabh goes on and on and onů
Actor Amitabh Bachchan is Amitabh Bachchan for a reason. When we met the actor last, he wasn't in perfect shape. After all he suffered an injury on the sets of Alladin. And when we enquired after his health, he honestly admitted, "I'm on heavy medication, and not exactly at my healthiest best!"

But the actor, unflinching, spent close to six hours generously giving interviews to the media and promoting his film Bhoothnath. And when we asked him about his source of energy and spirit, he insisted that much was being made about his energy and all that! Now, that is our humble, modest, ever-tolerant and never-tiring Big B! But could it all be the wonders of some magic lamp somewhere?

To this Bachchan replied, "It's just a desire to work and if I can comply with the demands of my directors and producers and if they are happy with that then I am happy with that. I do feel that I need to have myself physically fit to be able to live up to their demands and so there is always a conscious effort to keep one healthy and presentable because cinema is all about how your face look and how you speak. So if your face is fine and if the voice is fine and if your activities are fine, you have a job otherwise you lose it!"

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:24am | IP Logged
The Big B-Anurag controversy: Cell out!
Amitabh Bachchan is arguably the king of Bollywood, and as the number of years to his credit increases, so do numbers of fans. However, his once-ardent fan, director Anurag Basu, has reportedly left the club. Recently, his comment that Big B ought to retire created a stir throughout the country. But it was Amitabh's matter-of-fact response to the controversy that took us by surprise.

"This morning, I received an SMS from Anurag," says Amitabh. "Previously, Balki, my director for Chini Kum, had addressed this issue in a letter to the Mumbai Mirror. He knows Anurag and gave him my cell phone number, so he could discuss it with me. In his SMS, he said he had never said such things about me. I replied saying that, if he hadn't, he should clarify it with the magazine that printed it." Quite an anti-climax, that.

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Big B, Abhi-Ash to star in film on Bangladesh founder

Dhaka: Superstar Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek have tentatively agreed to ac in a film based on the life of Bangladesh's founding leader, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, local media said on Thursday.

Amitabh will take the role of Mujib in the film, named, The Poet of Politics, while his Abhishek will act in the role of a young Mujib, Abdul Gaffar Chowdhury, the producer of the film, told ANA, a US-based Bangladeshi news agency.

The ANA report, published in several Dhaka dailies on Thursday, said Chowdhury, an expatriate Bangladeshi journalist and newspaper columnist, also told the news agency that Amitabh's daughter-in-law and former Miss Universe, Aishwarya Rai, and renowned actress Shabana Azmi will also act in two key roles.

Shyam Benegal will direct the movie. "After getting the consent of Amitabh, I am now a relieved man. To project a person of the magnitude of Bangabandhu (Sheikh Mujib), I could not imagine no one other than him," Chowdhury was quoted as saying in New York.

"Now not only Amitabh, his other family members have also agreed to take up the challenge," added Chowdhury. It was not clear when Chowdhury will start shooting the film, which will be made in English and dubbed into Bengali, Hindi and other languages.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

Amitabh goes on and on and onů
Actor Amitabh Bachchan is Amitabh Bachchan for a reason. When we met the actor last, he wasn't in perfect shape. After all he suffered an injury on the sets of Alladin. And when we enquired after his health, he honestly admitted, "I'm on heavy medication, and not exactly at my healthiest best!"

But the actor, unflinching, spent close to six hours generously giving interviews to the media and promoting his film Bhoothnath. And when we asked him about his source of energy and spirit, he insisted that much was being made about his energy and all that! Now, that is our humble, modest, ever-tolerant and never-tiring Big B! But could it all be the wonders of some magic lamp somewhere?

To this Bachchan replied, "It's just a desire to work and if I can comply with the demands of my directors and producers and if they are happy with that then I am happy with that. I do feel that I need to have myself physically fit to be able to live up to their demands and so there is always a conscious effort to keep one healthy and presentable because cinema is all about how your face look and how you speak. So if your face is fine and if the voice is fine and if your activities are fine, you have a job otherwise you lose it!"

That's great.

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 3:42pm | IP Logged

'Sarkar Raj' to kick off IIFA weekend in Thailand (Lead)
Bangkok, April 30: Amitabh Bachchan starrer "Sarkar Raj" will kick off the 9th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards starting from June 6 in Bangkok.

The annoucement was made here Wednesday.

"I am delighted that my film 'Sarkar Raj' is being premiered at the prestigious IIFA awards and am eagerly looking forward to this splendid event," Amitabh, the IIFA brand ambassador, told media.

Directed by Ram Gopal Varma, the film also stars Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Ra. The three day event will end on June 8 with handing out of the awards .

The event is expected to draw Bollywood fans to Bangkok from around the region and to generate more business between India and Thailand. The two countries have signed a trade agreement.

The IIFA Weekend Bangkok is being sponsored by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, Dusit Thani Hotel group, Siam Niramit Co, Indorama Group and the Bangkok Post newspaper.

Sounds exciting!!

fan_of_Big_B

IF-Rockerz

fan_of_Big_B

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan to play 'Bangabandhu' Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Dhaka (PTI): Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan and his celebrity family have agreed to act in a film based on the life of Bangladesh's founding leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, media reports said here on Friday.

The reports, quoting a New York-based Bangladeshi news agency, said 65-year-old Bachchan has agreed to play the lead role of Mujib in the film "The Poet of Politics" named after the title given to the Bangladeshi leader by the Time Magazine in the early 1970s in its cover story.

The agency said Big B's son Abhishek will act in the role of a young Mujib while his daughter-in-law and former Miss Universe Aishwarya Rai and renowned actress Shabana Azmi are also assigned key roles in the film.

According to reports, veteran Indian film director Shyam Benegal will direct the movie, which will be made in English and subsequently dubbed into Bengali, Hindi and other languages.

The Eastern News Agency (ENA) report said Bachchan recently gave his nod to the producer, expatriate Bangladeshi journalist Abdul Gaffar Chowdhury , who was long been trying to cast the megastar for the Taka 20 crore (over Rs 11 crore) budget film.

"I could not imagine no one other than him (Bachchan) to project a person of the magnitude of Bangabandhu (Sheikh Mujib). After getting the consent of Amitabh, I am now a relieved man," ENA quoted Chowdhury as saying in New York.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top