Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Naina said

"Well, if those women are illetrate then they wouldn't think about abortion because if you see the illetrate women actually have tons of babies because they don't abort. Olny the eduated women abort. According to me it's a sin that they do. And about the heartbeeting... as I said abortion is not contraception. The women who don't want babies can use tons of contraception methods and if they don't then abortion is not the way to go. As you may alredy know a lot of doctors refuse to do that."

Naina you are wrong about abortion being done by educated women only . When i was in college i worked as part of social service ( which was mandatory in my college) in AIIMS , New Delhi in the free abortion centre for the poor. You'll be interested to know " I had to ask at the counter...."Safai karana haiDead ?" Tumhara naam , tumhaari umar etc ? ( gosh how i winced at those words every time i said it !!Confused) Well anyways . this was for you to understand the stark realities of life in India !!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abortion.... (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:49am | IP Logged
I think aborting a child is a personal decision by each women or each couple. I personally think that it is their right to decide if they want a child or not and it is totally ok. There are lots and lots of reasons related to aborting a child. Sometimes, couple are not ready to have ababy and they get pregnant... in such cases unwanted babies does not get that much love and attention need by paretns i would rather go for aborting rather than bringing baby in life and not loving him/her or thinking them as burden. Sometimes women have complication with their first child adn when they get pregnant second time they probably choose not to have baby due to health complication. I have a friend who has thyroid and some other issues and she does not want baby 'coz she is afraid that baby can also suffer with those issues throughout the life transfered by her mother in such cases if they get pregnant they have right to abort. When I was pregnant dr. does test in beginning to find out if your baby has any abnormality. you can choose to abort baby if test comes positive and found that baby is abnormal. in such cases some paretns probably dont want child who does not enjoy his/her life and is abnorbal throught out the life. these are juse some issues there are tons of such issues that makes women or couple decide abotu abortion. I don't think one should make abortion religious..i dont agreet with aborting becuase of female sex and stuff i am against that but some valid reasons like i suggested i think it's ok to abort ur baby its very personal decision. also, baby's heartbeats does not start beating till about 2nd month ...also, as indygirl said i agree that its just not literate women does abortion even illiterate women does abortion sometimes 'coz they dont want a girl... and some men treat women as sex machine and want babies and its very hard to be pregnant for 9 mths stay healthy and go throughlabor.. men have no ideaabout that and i think if men makes women pregnant and if women does not want baby they have every right to abort...for saving one little baby life you cannot take away life of a women who is already living and make it hell for rest of life like case of rape and unwanted babies.

these are my personal openion and i do respect everyone's openion.

Eijoo''s_Angel

IF-Dazzler

Eijoo''s_Angel

Posted: 24 September 2005 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by naina_manam

What do you think of abortion? One thing is very clear, that abortion is not contraception. The baby has already started breathing in mother's womb. Is it okay to remove it then? Where do you stand on this issue? Why? Let's see how many people feel it should be illegal and how many feel that it should be legal and under what circumstances.

I definitely think that it's wrong. It should be illegal in all countries. And I have a lot of reasons to have this opinion established.

As I already said, it's not contraception. It's a normal living life at this stage when abortion is needed. These days we have all sorts of contraceptive (birth control) methods then why abortion? Why?

Abortion is murder. You are killing a life that lives within you. So it is a murder and we have extreme punishments for murders like death penalty or life in jail but the punishment to abortions should be even harder as you kill the life that has not even come to this world. That has never decided for himself/herself. Why should abortion be legal? I don't find any reasons for that in this case.

"Bache Allah ki rehmat ban kar aate hain" in Urdu.

"Bache Bhagwan ka roop hote hain" in Hindi.

If both of these sayings are true then it's religiously wrong too. And deserve very very strict punishment. It should be illegal.

As I already said, abortion is killing a part of yourself, an already happily living baby in your body.

I can understand that in circumstances of rape, it means something else. Maybe those women "have" to do it but still they feel guilty afterwards. I personally would NEVER do it under any circumstances.

I think it definitely should be illegal until unless under some circumstances already listed above.

i agree unless deres a very gud reason fro adoption it shud b legal but if it sjus ppl havin sex gettin pregnant and aborting deir child dats rong way rong

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 September 2005 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
I suppose anti abortionist must be anti freezing the embryo in fertility clinics ,to be frozen and at a later stage and implanted in a woman struggling with infertility . By thawing many embryos don't make it , but many do . Thanks to science and gods ablity for man to use science for betterment of life ! Smile

myra1717

myra1717

Posted: 25 September 2005 at 7:12pm | IP Logged

well i dont really know much about this but i do think that abortion should be a option because i was reading this article where there was this lady who found out she was pregnant

but her parents didnt let her get an abortion so they lady had no interest in taking care of the baby so she smoked n drank alchahole n stuff

and now the baby turned out to be disabled and has to live in discomfort for the rest of his life.

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 25 September 2005 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
If you are not responsible enough to take care of a child or don't want to get pregnant at all, use contraceptions, or just don't have sex! It is best to avoid getting pregnant to avoid abortions! Having sex is not an accident! We have control over our bodies and we should know what is right! Rape is a whole other issue! But abortion is unfair to the unborn babies if they were concieved unwillingly! Why not avoid getting pregnant!?? It is not easy, but it is possible!If you know you live in bad conditions or you don't know how to take care of a baby, then why are you having unprotected sex? Something to think about! Abortion shouldn't be made illegal! There are people who need it for emergencies like rape and stuff! But it should't be made available to people who use it as birth control, which is terribly wrong!

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 26 September 2005 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indygirl

Naina said

"Well, if those women are illetrate then they wouldn't think about abortion because if you see the illetrate women actually have tons of babies because they don't abort. Olny the eduated women abort. According to me it's a sin that they do. And about the heartbeeting... as I said abortion is not contraception. The women who don't want babies can use tons of contraception methods and if they don't then abortion is not the way to go. As you may alredy know a lot of doctors refuse to do that."

Naina you are wrong about abortion being done by educated women only . When i was in college i worked as part of social service ( which was mandatory in my college) in AIIMS , New Delhi in the free abortion centre for the poor. You'll be interested to know " I had to ask at the counter...."Safai karana haiDead ?" Tumhara naam , tumhaari umar etc ? ( gosh how i winced at those words every time i said it !!Confused) Well anyways . this was for you to understand the stark realities of life in India !!

Alright maybe I was wrong about it but as I said that abortions could be legal under some extreme conditions but otherwise not legal. 

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 26 September 2005 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
And yes I do RESPECT everyone's opinion. That was just my opinion!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top