Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 21 September 2005 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indygirl

Blue pink my response is to your statement "actually it's now said that foetus can feel pain at 8 weeks" I was correcting that point . read the above response and link to know you may not be accurate!!

yes i admit, that a fetus gets a heart beat in 4 weeks. That was a mistake on my part. What i meant to say was " that a fetus is not a person yet  But Does life begin at conception? Obviously not. The sperm and egg cells are alive before conception. Life began on this planet about 3 billion years ago and has continued to evolve in an unbroken chain since then. A woman is born with all the egg cells she will have her whole life. Therefore one of the two cells I came from dates back to my mother's birth in 1949. I guess I'm older than I thought.

Now that cloning technology exists, almost any cell can be grown into a potential life. That undermines the argument that a cell is a person. I stick with the legal definition which is that you become a person when you are born alive.

Also you mentioned that the embryo has a fully formed brain .But measurable brainwaves (a minimal standard for thought or consciousness which even animals possess, much less personhood which suggests an even higher standard) do not even exist until after 25 weeks. Incase you want my source i'll let you have the link !! I don't need to see it in pregnant women , nurses etc ..........i I prefer going with scientfic proof !!!

And looks like you and i have something else to disagree on again !!LOL
And in case you don't want to add anymore to this , no body is making you . I was correcting the facts , just like you were !!Smile

indygirl,

I don't take any delight in disagreeing with you. It's just that you stated something gravely incorrect (about no heartbeat till 2nd trimester) so I thought of correcting your fact.

Now as for the links you provided, I have read that type of research work before. The findings listed in that article are still not accurate and it is what pro-abortion doctors, scientists and people believe. Similarly what I stated (from several other articles) is what anti-abortion people believe (though I am not pro or anti abortion). Both are still assumptions and doctors or scientists have not succeeded in proving either accurate.

Actually this is not a debate. It's I am correct.. I am correct kind of argument. I don't think when I added my bit, I was impolite in anyway but your reply to my post at some places is plain rude.

And yes!! you were not correcting my facts. The fact is that both of us only have some articles with assumptions. Whereas I was indeed providing you with the correct fact about heartbeats.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abortion.... (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
BluePink , it seems like feelings are mutual . I found your response very curt!!Although I had no intentions to apear rude ,i too wanted to merely correct your facts as well. I realised my first trimester , heart beat was incorrect , and admited to it in the above post . I explained what i was getting at !! And yes i agree that we both have read facts that are quoted by pro choice and pro lifers !!! I too am not either one of them !!

Edited by indygirl - 21 September 2005 at 4:25pm

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 21 September 2005 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
indygirl, i apologize if you felt my response to one of your posts was curt. i assure you that was not my intention.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
apologies duely accepted !! Smile And i apologise too if you found my response in the previeus post as rude !! This is a fun forum and i really want it to stay that way for all of us !! Smile

samie

IF-Veteran Member

samie

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 5:58am | IP Logged
abortians are wrong in every religion but also it can depend on how the baby is concieved if by rape then it can b ok but otherwise it is wrong in my opinion

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:19am | IP Logged

Originally posted by indygirl

Originally posted by naina_manam

Sorry about that I didn't know that! But I am not making desicions on anyone's behalf I am only telling about my beliefs. If you can't afford the baby or anything then you shoud avoid being pregnant on the first place. I am not accusing anybody but even though the fetus can't feel pain it's sitll alive. It's still breathing. And killing something alive is a crime.

hey Naina nothing to be sorry about . I feel as strongly about womens right to choose whether to be pg or abort as you are about making it illegal .

And you are right women should avoid getting pregnant , but its illeteracy that makes them take risks and if one does accidentaly get pregnant

But a woman can't pay with it by suffering all her life and most important by making the poor child suffer by being a terrible parent . A woman has no right to keep the child if the woman is not a fit parent !!!! You all the time read the paper and see how the woman ( in the U.S) left an infant with the babies older sibling who didn't know how to handle a crying infant and shook the baby and broke his neck and the mother was knocked up on cocaine or she leaves her baby with her boyfriend who then suffocates the baby to stop him from crying . In such cases it would have been better that she aborted her baby than be a dreadfull mom !!!!

About the fetus being a life , the fetus doesnot have a heart beat untill the end of first trimester !! So  even the issue of murdering  is not there . BUT i agree its wrong to see a woman taking  a decision to abort in her second trimester, anyways its dangerous for a woman too do so in that stage . So if she is doing it , its hopefully because of serious medical complications .

Well, if those women are illetrate then they wouldn't think about abortion because if you see the illetrate women actually have tons of babies because they don't abort. Olny the eduated women abort. According to me it's a sin that they do. And about the heartbeeting... as I said abortion is not contraception. The women who don't want babies can use tons of contraception methods and if they don't then abortion is not the way to go. As you may alredy know a lot of doctors refuse to do that.

And by the way I said sorry for posting the topic again as you said it was already posted!

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Originally posted by samie

abortians are wrong in every religion but also it can depend on how the baby is concieved if by rape then it can b ok but otherwise it is wrong in my opinion

Exactly that's what I said under some circumstances like rape it can be done but otherwise there is no excuse of doing it.

Sweetz

Goldie

Sweetz

Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:06am | IP Logged

Originally posted by samie

abortions are wrong in every religion buh wah if the grl was not raped but willingly had sex.. n lets say she did be4 marriage.. many religions do not accept sex before marriage either... so how can a girl give birth to a child who many people will call a "mistake" or in worse scenerios a "bas***d" .. do you think its fair the child would have to go through this..suffer for his mother's "bhool" ... i know 2 wrongs don't make a right buh sumtimes as  to get out of a wrong you have to do a "controversial wrong".. in this case .. sex before marriage being the wrong and abortion being the controversial wrong.. this world is hard to live in...n if abortion is a sin... n highly forbidden shouldn't sex before marriage not be acceptedly so widely n openly? n if it is accepted then abortions should be too .. because from wah i see is sex before marriage is being accepted more n more every day... abortion is forbidden ... but a child without a father is a bas***d .. hypocritical don't you think???

Post Reply New Post

Go to top