•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

hey guys,

has any1 read a book called shantaram? they are meant to be making a film based on it with johnny depp and amitabh bachan. my cuzin recommneds it and i wanted sum more opnions

Yes I have read it. 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts...
I gotta tell you, its an epic in every sense of the word. Quality wise and Size wise too...almost 1000 pages in length. But on retrospect, U arent wasting your time on this humongous novel - Coz its truly worth it.
A once is a lifetime experience! The fictional account of the author's real life which genuinely reflects raw, crude life and pierces your mind. Wonderful and immensely captivating Novel. An absolutely stunning Blockbuster of a Book, A Sojourn of a Lifetime. A Great adventure. A Daring experience. Youu know, one of those books which are truly Explosive! I recommend it highly, One of the best books I have ever read 😊 Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 15 years ago
^^cant agree more!!read this book if you are looking for an excellent literary work that takes you through so many aspects of life that you could possibly not have been able to go through on your own.
This is one book that makes you feel that all your effort invested in reading habit worthwhile😊
Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

Yes I have read it. 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts...
I gotta tell you, its an epic in every sense of the word. Quality wise and Size wise too...almost 1000 pages in length. But on retrospect, U arent wasting your time on this humongous novel - Coz its truly worth it.
A once is a lifetime experience! The fictional account of the author's real life which genuinely reflects raw, crude life and pierces your mind. Wonderful and immensely captivating Novel. An absolutely stunning Blockbuster of a Book, A Sojourn of a Lifetime. A Great adventure. A Daring experience. Youu know, one of those books which are truly Explosive! I recommend it highly, One of the best books I have ever read 😊

Ditto, I've read it aswell...and love this bookπŸ˜ƒ I highly recommend you to read this book😊 One of best books
so its all abut how he leaved in mumbai and its even abut underworld and every mumbai part i dont knw but i have heard it πŸ˜•
yep...but its not about all this, but undertanding, trusting and much more... πŸ˜ƒ opnly if u read it with full concentration..u'll be able to understand πŸ˜ƒ
ohh thanks i would love to read it once and i will def understand it πŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ I'm sure u'll like it
im 3/4 of the way through the book and i can not put it down. its so detailed yet so interesting. i dnt live in india and hav only been there once and it shows you the reality of it which ive never seen before.
listenin to his experiences is lyk im there with him and evryone he meets as well, its lyk im meetin them with him. im loving this book-highly recommended.