Kollywood Masala

Trisha Replaces Nayantara In CSuper Kings

kadhambari thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

The Chennai Super Kings has cancelled actor Nayantara's role as brand ambassador for the team.

'As Nayantara is unable to meet the commitments of regular match appearances, the team has now decided to go with a single star ambassador,' a release from the Chennai Super Kings team said here on Thursday.

Actor Vijay, who received huge support from the audience during the inaugural match here on Wednesday, will participate in all ground promotions and match appearances.

Edited by kadhambari - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sankadevi30 thumbnail
good they did it.

she is telling she got sunstroke shooting in hyderabad for kuselan & doc's have put her in bed rest 😛 so only cud not attend IPL matches 😆 lame excusesEdited by nallu - 16 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Good they lacked her...she oly turned up for the offical intro of the team, wonder who will replace her now? 😕

Kudos to Vijay for turning up, promote and support CSKs 😳
Anyway, the team doesnt need any promoting, cause their hardworks and talent speaks up for them 😉

I found Nayantars respons here:

Nayanthara: I am shocked
Friday, 25 April , 2008, 14:21
Last Updated: Friday, 25 April , 2008, 15:53

Nayanthara just can't seem to keep herself out of the headlines. The latest headliner is IPL's Chennai Super Kings (CSK) terminating her contract as their brand ambassador. The actress, who is shooting for Kuselan in Hyderabad, spoke to Sify.com and said she is yet to recover from the shock. Excerpts. Chennai Super Kings has released a press release saying they have terminated their contract with you as brand ambassador. I am yet to get any official letter about it. I got up in the morning to read about it in the newspapers. But what went wrong? I am shocked. I just can't figure out what went wrong. I was always willing to sit across the table and discuss things with them, but their decision of dropping me has been hasty and highly unethical. They say you did not turn up for the first match in Chennai to cheer the team? How could I? I was unwell. My doctor had advised me to take complete bed rest after I fainted on the sets because of low BP and sunstroke. Does Mr Gurunath of CSK think media reports about my health were wrong? I was ill for three days and I can produce the diagnostic and hospital reports if needed. Anyone in the Kuselan production team will tell you that I was not shooting for three days, including the 23rd. If I were not interested in being a part of CSK, I would never have signed up as their brand ambassador. My passion for the sport made me agree to this association with IPL and CSK. They say that you did not honour your commitments with them. In my MOU with CSK, it clearly states that I have to make an appearance at the star launch function, team launch function, interviews and talk shows (both individual and combined), promotional video and any six matches played in Chennai. There is no compulsion about star presence at the matches. It also says that any bonafide reason for absence can be excused. For the star launch, Mr Gurunath called me up and said, 'We have decided to go ahead with Vijay for the star launch. Do you have any problem?' It was very obvious that they did not want me at the function. Later, I attended the team launch and was ready to give dates for the photo and video shoot. But the organisers could not shoot them because of various other reasons. How can that be my fault? And, trust me, they have not shot it till date! How do you feel right now?

I am upset that Mr Gurunath took this step just because I could not attend the match on the 23rd. I firmly believe that this is not a valid reason for them to terminate the contract.

Whether I am the star ambassador or not, I love cricket and I am a firm believer in the sportsman spirit. Chennai has given me everything in life and CSK is my team. I will cheer for them and wish Dhoni and his boys all the best.

Edited by meli - 16 years ago
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

whatever... they all have their sides to the story. one thing is for sure, CSK will not be disadvantaged in any way with nayantara's sacking.

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
when i read the header i wondered how come she was playing for chennai super kings and here i was watching every match and did not know about this! 😆 Edited by jasunap - 16 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I did not even know who CSK was, especially since they are prominently featured in Meli's siggy.

I would love to be Nayan's legal advisor right now. That MOU intrigues me. But it needs to be a contract to be legally enforceable, so Nayan should consult her lawyers. I don't think what CSK did was nice, because even if they terminate her contract, she should be informed first.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Jas, do u watch it live? Lucky girl..I badly want to watch it but always have to watch highlights and no time cause of exams

Karthi - you dont know who CSKs are? 😲 its not any gladiator na.,,its Tamil nadus team for the indian premier league in cricket 😃

I heard Trisha will replace Nayantara...poor Nayan..always losing to Trisha 😆
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for the info guys 😳
kadhambari thumbnail
Thanx 4 nayan's reply,meli kanna.
kadhambari thumbnail
Chennai Super Kings Vs Kolkata Knight Riders,2day in chennai.

Expectations are High on both the teams,especially b/w Dada(saurav ganguly) & Dhoni's fans are waiting anxiously.this is now become a war b/w the fans, who is the best captian?don't know what will happen 😡