Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Jassi...I mean, Mona in a movie??? (Page 4)

pretty Senior Member
pretty
pretty

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
i think she is gud looking , but to compare her with Kajol wudnt be correct . according to me , i think the name she has earned playing the role of Jassi is wat sshe cud have done best . i am doubtful about her shining in movies tgough .

ahmed316us Senior Member
ahmed316us
ahmed316us

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Why me rabeea
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Ahmed you are always dreaming about...LOL

Another incomplete sentences, don't ask me to finish it!LOL

ahmed316us Senior Member
ahmed316us
ahmed316us

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
ok, i dont care.
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Great, I don't care either because even if u had asked I would have no words to say! PARADOX RIDDLES genius!LOL
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghavi

Originally posted by Selina

If you read the whole article, it says that the whole thing about Jassi in a movie is and april's fool joke

what do Confusedyou mean..a April Fool's joke?!!ConfusedConfusedConfused

Here's the whole article. Read the last part...

Jassi makes her film debut
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   April 1, 2004

Model-Actress Mona Singh, who plays the bumbling, seedhi-saadhi yet attention-grabbing Jassi in the TV serial Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, will now be seen in her glamorous avatar in this romantic thriller movie titled Pyaar Ruktaa Nahin, to be directed by southside filmmaker K Shankaran.

The film, which is being produced by NRI Raunaq Mehra, is scheduled to go on the floors in the first week of May. "We are considering Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali for the lead roles and  almost the entire movie will be shot on foreign locations," informs Mehra.

Model-actress Mona Singh as Jassi
Mona is extremely thrilled with her movie debut. "While TV audiences will continue to see me in my Plain Jane get-up, on the big-screen I will be in my true colours.

Just imagine I will be singing songs in hep outfits and making the heroes dance to my tunes. So exciting naa?" she mumbles with her trademark giggle exposing her dental braces.

Will Mona (who bears an uncanny resemblance to Kajol) prove that 'meri jaisi koi nahin' in Bollywood too is what remains to be seen when the movie releases in October.

New definition of  husband!

"There is nothing like stars and superstars, the real star is the film which runs and becomes a hit. I hate being branded a star. I am a down-to-earth actor who blends into the skin of the lead character that I play.

Which is why I try to have different looks in every movie and avoid getting trapped in any screen image," asserts Vivek Oberoi who is making waves with his hot 'n wet song, On the roof, in the rain, with co-star Lara Datta who plays a seductress in Masti.

"Masti is a sex comedy without sex. It has an undercurrent about three married buddies indulging in extra-marital masti. Because 'hus-band' ka matlab hai jiska biwi kay haathon 'band' bhi bajta hai aur usko 'hus'-kar bardasht karna padta hai!" says Vivek. Well said, wot?

Tara Sharma : kaho naa 'star' hain !

When Tara Sharma's debut movie Om Jai Jagdish and second movie Saaya failed to make waves at the box office, cine trade wags presumed that she would pack her bags and return to modelling and theatre. But the 'fair n' lively' Tara already has four more films.

"Acting runs in my blood and I had to be part of showbiz as it's a hereditary trait and with a name that means a 'star' I guess a movie career was always charted out for me," laughs the chulbuli actress who has a variety of lead roles in her kitty. 

She elaborates: "It came as a great surprise to me when  director Madhur Bhandarkar who generally prefers to work with top actresses decided to cast me in his off-beat movie Page 3 as a struggling aspirant heroine along with National Award winner Konkona Sen-Sharma who plays a journalist and my room-mate," Tara says she had a great time working in producer Ashok Thakeria's marital comedy film Masti where she plays the "subservient wife of my pati parmeshwar played by Aftab Shivdasani." Why was she only doing multi-starrers like Masti and Bardasht where she had to share the screen with other heroines? She says: "As long as my role is well-defined and I get noticed, I feel more comfortable in multi-heroine projects. And then even if the film does not run, at least I am not singled out."

Point taken.

The  Buzz…

Interesting as it may sound, till date Bollywood has made only one film titled April Fool. This was a romantic comedy, made way back in 1964, and starring Biswajeet and Saira Banu. Strangely, no director has thought of making a 'rehash' or recycling the subject.

Today being All Fools Day, this column would be incomplete without 'pulling a fast one'. So dear readers, the first snippet on 'Jassi banegi movie star' is just an April Fool mazaak! But one wishes it eventually comes true for the otherwise charming actress who has proved that 'even if you are not good-looking you can still make your future look good'!

Go to top