Harry Potter

Moderators PLEASE close this topic (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
I think discussion opens the floor for challenge of opinion. There is a fine line between challenging and bashing. As long as it does not go down to personal attacks, someone who dislikes Harry Potter should expect a good challenge to their opinion. Besides what is the value of an opinion if you have no conviction to defend it. Only when your opinion is challenged do you realize the value and conviction of your views.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Moderators PLEASE close this topic (Page 4)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rosesrred

Groupbie

rosesrred

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
well i guess the movie was really stupid. because having read the book first, i felt that such a great book deserved a better movie with more accuracy.

The movie was a lot different from the book. any person that read the book first can tell u that HP was frustrated and irritated in the whole book because of events, none of them were emphasized in the book.

I think this movie was the worst of all the 5 movies. And i can say that because i had to explain most of the parts to my husband who hasn't read the book but could not still understand the movie as a whole.

Nupur

vrits

vrits

Posted: 11 May 2008 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by redhotght

Originally posted by chhilt

Originally posted by vrits

Originally posted by stranger@mirror

Originally posted by vrits

lemme tell u dis in the 1st place- v r not fighting....v r discussingConfused

i think wat i wrote kinda became greek language bcoz my emotions went wrong LOL........all i want 2 know is dat y the guy is not telling us his reasons 4 hating hp.....if he does....v can c it his way....cant v?? i did not like d way he jumped 2 this wierd conclusion

mayb he is just a prankster and v r stupidly disscussing sooooo much abt him.....but may b he is not....either ways whatever it is....i think v shud give this a restSmile

Fine...fine...but looking at ur reply it doesnt seem as though u tried to stop him from bashing HP, as far a i can rmember, u said something like "why did u come to HP section, if u dont like it"...it was something like that...am i wrong?

Agree that saying irrevelant things is wrong, but saying that "please dont come in this section if u have anything against HP" is more wrong. All i want to say is that we shud accept the fact that our favs will be critisized...

Anyway, like u said, i think i have finished expressing my view, now we should give it a rest..LOLWinkBig smile

am not defending wat i wrote but it completely made sense.....dis is harry potter section and its wierd how ppl can talk of vomittiing on seeing hp in the hp sectiion itself!!!! i mean it makes no sense!! like the others critisized him....so did i.....

that andro guy even send me a pm and asked as 2 y i did not like wat he said....i said i had lost my temper and i still did not like how he placed his unjustified opinion in such a harsh manner....i asked him 4 a reason 4 his opinion but he did not reply.........its obvious dat .....such things written abt hp does provoke true hp fans and they cant tolerate dis stuff written abt their fav book  [not saying u r not a true fan....no offence!] i think watever every1 wrote abt the subject was no problem at all and the guy shud hv thougght abt it be4 posting........watever happened was ok...natural and obvious....the guy was not stating his opinion.....he was simply writing all dis for fun and am sure he had a good time seeing the commotion and pandemonium he has created

i know... if andro had at least given reasons for his topic it wouldn't have created such a commotion.. but to just say things like that WITHOUT any reason isn't fair... anyway, what's done can't be undone so i say that we just put it all behind us...

I agreee!!Clap

thank u everyone 4 agreeing....glad 2 c u guys wont tolerate any unjustified criticism abt hp.....specially from ppl hu hv no idea wat hp is all abtClap

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 4:54am | IP Logged

Hi guys,

I completely understand what you're saying, and i too agree. You ARE allowed to state your opinion freely. I didn't close that topic because of what he said (andro), but to stop any bashing that might take place later on if members took offense to it (which was prone to happen)... And also, he apologised and said it was because he was in a bad mood... So i closed it.

But otherwise, you are free to hate HP forum and express your opinion. But if discussions turn into bashing, i think you'd agree with me when we decide to lock the topics?

-Sam

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 5:03am | IP Logged

Hi guys,

I completely understand what you're saying, and i too agree. You ARE allowed to state your opinion freely. I didn't close that topic because of what he said (andro), but to stop any bashing that might take place later on if members took offense to it (which was prone to happen)... And also, he apologised and said it was because he was in a bad mood... So i closed it.

But otherwise, you are free to hate HP forum and express your opinion. But if discussions turn into bashing, i think you'd agree with me when we decide to lock the topics?

-Sam

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 6:22am | IP Logged
i kinda agree with Labib. i mean he's right. this is a
discussin forum....we r allowed to express our views..
but on the other Hand...yeah..insulting people/or their POV is also rong....
it think it shud be well balanced..
Labi, i think bashin isnt allowed here so tht they can maintain discipline....n thats kinda nice...

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 7:34am | IP Logged

^ Yep Zoya... agree on your view :p No problem with the opinions, as long as it doesn't turn into any bashing. Embarrassed

shabo24

IF-Sizzlerz

shabo24

Posted: 12 May 2008 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
Labib....

I'm a silent reader on this forum (hard to believe naa) But I had to comment!

I completly agree with you. The point of a discussion forum is to DISCUSS!! LOL I think that sums up basically everything I want to say!

Shabz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top