Harry Potter

Moderators PLEASE close this topic (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

vrits

vrits

Posted: 26 April 2008 at 3:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stranger@mirror

Originally posted by chhilt

yeah... but that guy, andro, said that he felt like vomiting after he saw the movie and it was totally yuck... had he simply said that he thought HP was boring or that he absolutely didn't like it and given reasons for his answer the topic wouldn't have closed or we wouldn't have reacted angrily... in fact, then it would have turned into a full-fledged discussion topic.... but just to say that it's awful isn't fair... he should at least have given reasons for his post... that's all i have to say on the matter

Thanks for ur views vritika....see here, i also mentioned in my post that Bashing is definitely not allowed....and to some extent i agree to the point that the guy Andro had bashed HP ...

But, most of the people there, in that topic said things like "if u dont like HP why did u come here..", instead of saying that "please dont say bashful things, pleaze state ur opinion in nice words".

Most people there was angry not because andro wrote that "yuck" or "vomiting thing" but because andro wrote against HP...

My topic isnt aimed at any of u, or andro, or toward that topic...this topic is for everyone to understand the fact that there favourites will also be critisized and we need to bother that if we want to stay in a discussion forum...thats it...

PS: i am not tryig to fight with u Vritika, so dont take any negative meanings from my wordsBig smile

lemme tell u dis in the 1st place- v r not fighting....v r discussingConfused

i think wat i wrote kinda became greek language bcoz my emotions went wrong LOL........all i want 2 know is dat y the guy is not telling us his reasons 4 hating hp.....if he does....v can c it his way....cant v?? i did not like d way he jumped 2 this wierd conclusion

mayb he is just a prankster and v r stupidly disscussing sooooo much abt him.....but may b he is not....either ways whatever it is....i think v shud give this a restSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Moderators PLEASE close this topic (Page 3)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 April 2008 at 4:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 12:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tukz_REmix

i knw u r correct labib....i mean huevr bashd andro SHUDNT hav dun so....but d thng by IF's rules n regulation its stated dta NO member can bash ANY charecter,seriel,or anythng(i hope am correct Embarrassed )so u knw andro shudnt hav opend such a topic...

Here i completely agree with u...well saidClap The fault was both the topic starter and the members...Tongue the topic starter shouldnt have created such a topic...and the member shouldnt have reacted like this....

The reason for me making this topic is not only for u people or targetting that topic...this topic is for everyone to understand the fact that this is a discussion forum where people can express their opinion freely, unless they cross a certain limit...thats it....Agree the topic starter wouldnt have written things like "vomited after seeing HP", but most member got angry not becasue he vomited after seeing HP, but because comming in HP forum he wrote something against HP...!Ouch My point is that if the members were angry because someone had bashed HP then that wud be ok...but the members are angry because someone critisized HP!

thnx 4 agreein(glad 2 c v hav common feelin 4 a few thngsWink)....wle u r correct.......if evry1 in d world wud htnk on d same lines den critics wud hav died n d world wud b MOST borin.....its d difference of ppl dat makes dis world interestin n woth livin

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 12:24am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tukz_REmix

Originally posted by kritijj

but some people deliberately come up here, critisize our passions,
enjoy our harsh words and walk off with a laugh!
this kind of behaviour is not gonna be toleraed! Angry

Absoulutely disagree....

Why cant people come here to "critisize"???OuchConfused Critisizing is ALLOWED over here....Big smileDont forget the fact that this is a discussion forum, which means that evetyone is free to express their views...now have u ever heard that "views" are always positive??? Cant someones view about something be negative as well???ConfusedOuch

Look at me...what u think of me? Am oi not a big HP fan??? But have u ever seen me getting angry if anyone critisize HP???Tongue NO!!!

yes, u r rigt there in the fact that no one has the right to Write "harsh" words...yes, thats not allowed in this forum....so u people are most welcome to tell that person that "Dont use such abusive words"....But, no one has got the right to say that "Excuse me! U cant come in this thread to critisize HP"....NO ONE has that right...

We should learn to respect others view...its not possiblt that everyone will think the same way we do....

Agree that if anyone bashes HP, that is wrong...coz bashing isnt allowed...

But people even get hyper whener anyone says that "i think HP isnt interesting!"Ouch This is completely ridiculous!

dats were u r wrong labib...critisism like bashing is tsrongly not allowed in IF

Sorry to say, but it is actually u who is wrong here...ofcourse bashing is wrong, who is saying that bashing is allowed here??? Confused Bashing is wrong, but critisizing is ALLOWED!

arrey yaar....ya i accept dta am wrong in syain dat critising is not allowed...but in dis case d critisism hav reached basing point...remember...n its strictly prohibited in IF as far as i knw...Embarrassed

vrits

vrits

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 12:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by vrits

i think wat i wrote kinda became greek language bcoz my emotions went wrong LOL........all i want 2 know is dat y the guy is not telling us his reasons 4 hating hp.....if he does....v can c it his way....cant v?? i did not like d way he jumped 2 this wierd conclusion

mayb he is just a prankster and v r stupidly disscussing sooooo much abt him.....but may b he is not....either ways whatever it is....i think v shud give this a restSmile

Fine...fine...but looking at ur reply it doesnt seem as though u tried to stop him from bashing HP, as far a i can rmember, u said something like "why did u come to HP section, if u dont like it"...it was something like that...am i wrong?

Agree that saying irrevelant things is wrong, but saying that "please dont come in this section if u have anything against HP" is more wrong. All i want to say is that we shud accept the fact that our favs will be critisized...

Anyway, like u said, i think i have finished expressing my view, now we should give it a rest..LOLWinkBig smile

am not defending wat i wrote but it completely made sense.....dis is harry potter section and its wierd how ppl can talk of vomittiing on seeing hp in the hp sectiion itself!!!! i mean it makes no sense!! like the others critisized him....so did i.....

that andro guy even send me a pm and asked as 2 y i did not like wat he said....i said i had lost my temper and i still did not like how he placed his unjustified opinion in such a harsh manner....i asked him 4 a reason 4 his opinion but he did not reply.........its obvious dat .....such things written abt hp does provoke true hp fans and they cant tolerate dis stuff written abt their fav book  [not saying u r not a true fan....no offence!] i think watever every1 wrote abt the subject was no problem at all and the guy shud hv thougght abt it be4 posting........watever happened was ok...natural and obvious....the guy was not stating his opinion.....he was simply writing all dis for fun and am sure he had a good time seeing the commotion and pandemonium he has created

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 1:22am | IP Logged

Fine...fine...but looking at ur reply it doesnt seem as though u tried to stop him from bashing HP, as far a i can rmember, u said something like "why did u come to HP section, if u dont like it"...it was something like that...am i wrong?

Agree that saying irrevelant things is wrong, but saying that "please dont come in this section if u have anything against HP" is more wrong. All i want to say is that we shud accept the fact that our favs will be critisized...

Anyway, like u said, i think i have finished expressing my view, now we should give it a rest..LOLWinkBig smile

am not defending wat i wrote but it completely made sense.....dis is harry potter section and its wierd how ppl can talk of vomittiing on seeing hp in the hp sectiion itself!!!! i mean it makes no sense!! like the others critisized him....so did i.....

that andro guy even send me a pm and asked as 2 y i did not like wat he said....i said i had lost my temper and i still did not like how he placed his unjustified opinion in such a harsh manner....i asked him 4 a reason 4 his opinion but he did not reply.........its obvious dat .....such things written abt hp does provoke true hp fans and they cant tolerate dis stuff written abt their fav book  [not saying u r not a true fan....no offence!] i think watever every1 wrote abt the subject was no problem at all and the guy shud hv thougght abt it be4 posting........watever happened was ok...natural and obvious....the guy was not stating his opinion.....he was simply writing all dis for fun and am sure he had a good time seeing the commotion and pandemonium he has created

i know... if andro had at least given reasons for his topic it wouldn't have created such a commotion.. but to just say things like that WITHOUT any reason isn't fair... anyway, what's done can't be undone so i say that we just put it all behind us...

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

i know... if andro had at least given reasons for his topic it wouldn't have created such a commotion.. but to just say things like that WITHOUT any reason isn't fair... anyway, what's done can't be undone so i say that we just put it all behind us...

I agreee!!Clap

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:28am | IP Logged

going by the freedom of opinion, i freely Winkstate the followingLOL

firstly, anyone can speak about  anything for or against ,a s longa s he/she does not deviate from teh forum rules.

so andro guys was correct in his stand

similarly everyone else were correct too, they  were taking the advantage of their  freedom of speech and freely explaining that why they did not like what the other  guy said

this is why we have been repeatedly wrned by great men of all times to take care of the freedom and exercise it properly

freedom is difefrent from free will. i guess what everyone did was express their own free will, so it resulted in such a controversy

the basic thing that this discussion taught me is : use your freeedom but with restraint and control

if we start using it like we give damn, other people will do the same thing

Edited by its me tan - 28 April 2008 at 7:29am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top