Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Virtual Friendship & Real Friendship (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

saandeep

saandeep

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 2:53am | IP Logged
hi guys this is my first post in this one .
Smile and truly speaking there is a small difference and some limits to be folllowed in this virtual friendship...
we need to have some limits set..... should not disclouse many things as because my friend has an experience she is fooled by a virtual friend .
and true friendship false friendship doesnt exist.
only a friend exists ........
i have many friends and i love making friendship and true or virtual anyhting if we are truthful and clear then in anyone these types i feel we can have good life time friends .........
but we need to be truthful in speaking and sharing and even we need to respect the feelings towards people ./..

so guys A BIG HI TO ALL OF U .............

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Virtual Friendship & Real Friendship (Page 6)" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Dayeeta-

IF-Rockerz

-Dayeeta-

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by a_b

Originally posted by ~rahul ki rani~

Originally posted by sweet_shagun

I second what Nishu, BB and Adi have said

My 2 cents,

Friendship is friendship "real or virtual" time will say, am glad i have blessed to have so many frnds around me, i think we shd be true to ourselves, if we r nice then why will the one in frnt of us not be fine..... Friendship is one of the strongest bond which has trust as one of the important ingrediants, we we need to trust, true time does strengthen the bond!! Friendship is one bond which u make, though destiny also plays a pivotal role!! So i believe

"True friendship lasts foreever no matter what, der might be ups and downs but at the end of the day, if ur true to yourself and dis beautiful relationship it lasts forever"

PS: wonderful topic ahmed

Luv,

Shagun

i just agree with u completely di

and i guess when things go wrng somehw there r ur faults also..u just cant deny tht

so i guess real or virtual frndship is the most strngest and purest relation ever and i completely salute this frndship and also my lovely lovely lovely frndsClap

You wanna tell that when a person makes a mockery of the other person in front of everybody then it is the other person's fault. A person who calls himself/ herself a friend doesnt even for one sec thinks that it may hurt people and make fun and you say it is the other person's fault who believed him/ her and made him/ her a friend.

I strongly disagree with this and i will always disagree with this.

i didnt tell it tht way and i cant comment on it as i have personally never experienced these things

but i guess like it is said 'taali ek haat se  nahi bajti' if today u r hurt thn there must b a reason which have made the person hurt u

but all i can say i can never ever deny the fact tht this virtual world spclly IF have given a lottttttt 2 me and frm IF only i have got my life's biggestttt asset ever i have got my life's bestest frnd ever..and i am truely truely gr8ful 4 thtClap

LadyZaib

IF-Rockerz

LadyZaib

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 5:52am | IP Logged
great topic, yes it is true that friendship are struck here rather quickly and yes at the same time put to tests as well.

To me friendship is friendship be it virtual or real and yes in your lifetime you will perhaps meet your virtual friends with hopes that this flourishes.

Friends are there to support you and share your joys and sorrows and perhaps come together cause of your interests be it same or different. At times I do feel that in virtual friendships people play games with each other and forget that behind the ID there is a real person, who has feelings and emotions, and yes human enough to make mistakes too.

If it is a true friendship then you will talk it out and clear the air, but at times u may need time to cool off especially if u feel insulted or humiliatedOuchOuch but yes if it matters talk it  out with each other then  to a third party LOLLOL or planning revenges LOLLOLLOL

but after replying to this posts, to friends I may have lost, i hope you forgive me as i forgiven you,I hope we hook up again and laugh together, to my friends i do promise to remain loyal and care for you so this relationship remains intact, to new friends i look forward to our friendship flourishing.

One thing we must not forget a person has flaws and good qualities so in any friendship be it real or virtual appreciate that person with respect and courtesy.

thanks for the post.

Edited by LadyZaib - 29 April 2008 at 6:00am

pink_pari89

IF-Dazzler

pink_pari89

Posted: 29 April 2008 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
I prefer virtual friendship.......we donno each other much...n dats why we can share everything Embarrassed .....

its always ez to talk wid sum1 who doesn't know u....u can feel safe...b/c da person doesn't know anything abt u or ur family....... Embarrassed

u donno have to worry abt what u have said...coz u don even know when r u going to talk to dat person next Embarrassed

in school all people know that Im a very good girl...but here Im a naughty girl....n dat what I am.... Embarrassed u sumtimes have to be formal wid ur friends...but here u don need to be Embarrassed

neha_bbsr2005

IF-Rockerz

neha_bbsr2005

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Thanks for this wonderful post Clap ..Friendship cant be defined..But yes it has an importance in everyone's life.. Smile

Now about real and virtual friendship..After joining IF I realised that virtual friendship is not different than real friendship..Friendship is all about trust,caring someone,helping when your friend needs u,being honest,understanding Smile ..In virtual friendship we need to be careful..Because sometimes ppl play with ur emotions and also befool u..They can use ur personal details to blackmail u..This cant be called friendship..But..It also happens in real life..So why differentiate..

You should always be honest and true to ur friend and dont expect anything from him/her..Ur friend will definately understand u..

We sometimes think that we have not seen our virtual friends so we dont know who are they in actual..But do we really know our real friends??If u r true to even ur virtual friend and really considers his/her importance,then u will have the hope to meet him/her..Even I hope to meet my friends..Maybe after few years..But Im sure that this will happen.. Smile

We should always to be the same person as we are,when we interact with our virtual friends..Say in the real or virtual world..If ur friend accepts u with all ur qualities,he/she is definately ur true friend..This is what I believe..

Sometimes it happens that we have a difference of opinion with our friends..We should be frank with our friends..If u dont like their favourites,tell them..And that too in a constructive way..But dont keep anything in mind coz it will trouble u..

For some reasons we have a fight with our virtual friends..And we think that the friendship is over..Its not right..Sort that matter with ur friend..If u go and tell sorry first,ur friend will realise his/her mistake too..This way u wont lose a friend..Coz they are very lucky who have "friends",i.e. true friends..Its very easy to find a friend but very difficult to find a true friend just like a four-leaf clover..So we should give chance to everyone..Coz we dont know who are our true friends..

Friendship is about trust..So if we have a friend..We should trust him/her..Like if the whole world is against him/her, dont join them but trust ur friend..This way if ur friend has commited some wrong he/she will admit his fault / will think himself/herself to be lucky to have u as his/her friend(if he/she is innocent)..

Its a part of friendship that we are curious to know about our friend's life..Some want to know coz they think that their friend is upset for some reasons..And by knowing the problem they try to help them out Clap ..I appreciate them Smile ..

We should always try to make our friends happy..I know its very easy to make a happy person cry,but very difficult to make a sad person laugh..But why to give up..Try our best and make our friend smile Smile

Well these are my thoughts about real and virtual friendship Smile ..As for me all my friends(real + virtual) have equal importance in my life Smile ..I know I have written everything just like an essay LOL But by seeing this topic I just couldnt stop writing.. Smile

~*Neha*~

IF-Rockerz

~*Neha*~

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Firstly, I would like to say amazin topic!

Now moving on to the discussion, I would like to say that the definition of friendship remains the same irrespective of it being 'real' or 'virtual'. In other words, Friendship is just friendship.

Having friends is an amazing thing, as you can share opinions.. views...thought..ideas..feelings etc. in any field or a specific topic.

Now coming to Real friends, I had read an article somewhere which said "Communication is 25% verbal and75% body language/attitude. Real friends know you in person so they can analyse exactly the type of person you are whereas virtual friends, you might be able to express yourself better coz its all virtual but the person might not exactly know you.

Personally, I believe that both are asset our conscience we need to be ourselves, need to be true..or else the definition of friendship is hampered.

-Neha

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
I feel its quite risky to trust virtual friends as they might be lying to you about their age, gender, profession and everything else that are the basis of trust and friendship!
Some online friends use you to get information and then use that against you.
Some might extract personal information about you and then use it to insult and humiliate you.
Its very risky to give out personal information online even to friends, unless u know them personally.
Some use you to get their work done and are basically selfish people.

In short, I dont have much faith in virtual friends anymore. I trust my real life friends since they have been with me through thick and thin. And in the real world thats all that matters.
Online, we pretend to be something we are not, we lead fantasy lives and the friends are fantastical too, not real!

bheegi

IF-Sizzlerz

bheegi

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Great topic guys! Virtual friendships are a dangerous thing as ur not seeing or interacting with the person directly. People tend to make opinions about others without actually knowing them well. Giving out personal information is the most dangerous thing to do online as people can misconstrue you and use the information against you. Just because someone has the same taste in shows/music/movies, does not mean they think like you or understand you. The other problem with online friendships is bullying. A person who is unhappy in their own life, or has some personal insecurities can resort to bullying other members and expect them to behave and act the way they want. Beware of such people!
People tend to vent out online and are capable of saying harsh things to others which they would never do to their real friends.

In short, virtual life should be treated as virtual and NOT REAL! The only purpose of virtual friendships is to destress, enjoy common intersts without getting too personal

At the same time, there might be friends who do care about you and are true well wishers. One can tell such people after a few interactions. Those friends deserve to become REAL as time passes Smile

Edited by bheegi - 05 May 2008 at 7:30am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top