Posted: 15 years ago

HELLO FRIENDS

Ther are many friends in your life we do categorized them as

Friends, Good friends, Best friends…

But, as we are part of this Virtual world we come across many persons

And after talking to them we start considering them as friends too.

But do you thing can there be any good friendship virtually???

Let me tell you all, what I have seen and observed😛.

Members strike friendship here in no time and same goes for break ups.

They share mails, chat for many hours and so on. But

Later on if on some point disagreement is there or choices are different

Then Friendship is over for them.

They start taking potshots at each other directly or indirectly.

They don't think weather the person behind the ID is hurt or upset.

Some members strike such a wonderful relation that they are

always there to help each other.

They give importance & treat them more then a real friend.

And share things with them which they can't share with

Real friends.

Some members are so quite, calm and shy in real life.

But in Virtual they are labeled as "Don of Entertainment".

So I would like to ask you all about Real & Virtual friendship.

According to you is there any difference? If yes then what?

And which one you feel is superior?

What is your take on the people who first do friendship?

then breakup for silly reasons? Or take potshot at them?

Thank You….

Ahmed Bhai what a time to open this topic thanx a lot i have been searching for something like this.

Let me tell you firstly that there is hell of a lot of difference between virtual and real friendship. In Virtual friendship you dont understand people and often get cheated.You believe too much on them and they take undue advantage of inncoent people to make a fool of them.

In real friendship at least with the passing of time you get to know the person properly at least you get to know he/she is not cheating you or making a mockery of the relation called friendship.

In virtual world you cannot say who is true and who is false you seem everything is ok as it looks ok to you. You dont get to see the motive or expressions between each word they speak.

There should be some shame in people who break friendship because they have no right to play with emotions of other people and make a mockery of their feelings in front of everybody. They dont deserve friends at all. They break the faith of people who believe them and for people like these if a person is worth believing is not being believed. They spoil the whole atmosphere and the mindset of all those people whom they hurt.

This is my POW no one is to feel bad about this as i am telling some of my experiences.

Edited by a_b - 15 years ago
Well For me..only one Word matters and that is..FRIENDSHIP...as far as your friendship is true..your feeling is true you are totally commited towards your friends and friendship then..virual or real hardly matters...

nd i don find...it any difference.."Real" life friends...can vanish and become "virtual" in your needs while "Virtual" friends can become "REAL" in your hardtime 😃

So for me...NO DIFFERENCE 😳
Originally posted by Nishtha

nd i don find...it any difference.."Real" life friends...can vanish and become "virtual" in your needs while "Virtual" friends can become "REAL" in your hardtime 😃

So for me...NO DIFFERENCE 😳

U took the words away from my mouth..!!! Ditto of what i wanted to say on this..!!!

According to me the friendship is of NO use if u keep on differentiating it..or to be precise...if u keep on categorizing it...between REAL & VIRTUAL..!!!

Real or Virtual doesn't matter...this quote says the rest...

"Good Relations don't need any promises, terms or conditions. It just needs 2 people, one who can trust and the other who can understand!!"

Taken from Anu Di's siggy..!!!
Edited by Saara COMB - 15 years ago

Bhiajaan , good topic.👏

For me "friendship" is the key word. Its one of the most pure relationship- things like backstabbing, jealousy, deceit or vested interest should not surface there. Real or virtual, the essence and commitment of friendship is what matters.....its the most real relationship.Dost to bahut bana lete hain, its how many can actually nibhao that one truly. No one should misuse trust .bharosa toot gaya to , woh dost to rahe jaate hain but "real"  dost nahi rehta...😳

Expect nothing in return and commit yourself totally, dil se .Most important, never take your friend for granted ;never backstab and never break trust.... when this is followed by both parties, friendship flourishes....

Edited by advil - 15 years ago
Very interesting topic! 👏

From my side, I try to approach every person I meet in life or online with courtesy and respect. If I get the chance to do so, I usually extend the hand of friendship and see if they accept it. And if someone wants to be friends with me, I am almost always open to accepting it. Once I decide to be friends with someone, I do my best to honor this commitment. Taking potshots or trying to hurt a friends feelings is not an option.

However, I've learned from experience that trusting ANYONE completely can be a bad idea, especially if you don't know them well. It doesn't matter whether they are real or virtual friends, it's hard to know what's really in someone's mind. So as far as true emotional bonds go, I am cautious about forming them with anyone. I share friendly cordial relationships with hundreds of people, but there are probably less than ten who I would be willing to share secrets with.

Currently there is no one who I know virtually who I feel this emotional connection with. This is not to say that it will never happen, but it's just harder to really understand the true intentions of someone when you can't even see their expressions when they're telling you something. So ultimately, I believe both "real" and virtual friendships are important to live up to once you form them, but it's harder to determine if virtual friends are who they say they are.

Omg, it's so obvious I haven't written an essay in over a year. 😳😆
Um, my honest outlook would be that there is certainly no difference in the two. People often say things like online friendships are too controversial because it could be that you think your talking to some Tom, Dick or Harry of your age, whereas you probably are talking to some old pedophile who's out to rape you. I think that's absurd because regardless of what kind of friendship your making, its always good to make good decisions so making friends should be with your best judgment. For example, I think I can trust my IF friends just as much as my real ones, and the reason behind it is not that I'm extremely gullible, but because I have talked to them enough to reach that conclusion.

So the concept of friendship is all that matters in such situations. If you are a generally a friendly person, you should be able to cope with either or.

Hehe, sorry about my continous rambling…I do that often. I hope I have answered at least some of the questions asked.

Btw, very nice topic!👏 👏 👏

Tammy

Originally posted by Saara COMB

U took the words away from my mouth..!!! Ditto of what i wanted to say on this..!!!

According to me the friendship is of NO use if u keep on differentiating it..or to be precise...if u keep on categorizing it...between REAL & VIRTUAL..!!!

Real or Virtual doesn't matter...this quote says the rest...

"Good Relations don't need any promises, terms or conditions. It just needs 2 people, one who can trust and the other who can understand!!"

Taken from Anu Di's siggy..!!!

saara I also like Anu's siggy but trust is the main thing in friendship and if that trust is broken again and again by virtual people who call themselves best of friends then what will one do. You can at least judge a person if he/ she is in front of you.

Originally posted by advil

Expect nothing in return and commit yourself totally, dil se.

Well said....👏👏👏...Exactly what i follow...and trust mein zindagi sukoon mein rehti hai...iss tarhan..😆😆
Originally posted by a_b

saara I also like Anu's siggy but trust is the main thing in friendship and if that trust is broken again and again by virtual people who call themselves best of friends then what will one do. You can at least judge a person if he/ she is in front of you.

You know at times people in reality can be 'more' dangerous.

My experience - Until and unless you don't live with a person under one roof, you can never ever get to know the REAL him/her. One in a million cases you get to know the 'real' person in front of you.

But yes i agree with your point too, that if your trust is broken again and again, it becomes extremely difficult to trust anyone around you ever again. But all are not the same, we shouldn't forget.😳