scoobyboy thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
 Why couldnt the team find a better female singer than Sumitra?? She put most of the songs to utter disgrace and went out of tune so many times!! She is such a newcomer to this music industry. She is just a contestant in few shows and has hardly any experience. Ashaji was very very unhappy with her but somehow couldnt directly say anything about her singing becos Sumitra was there only to support the duet round. But she did indirectly point out that she was really bad at singing Ashaji's songs!! I am very surprised at the programme director's poor choice for the female voice to do Ashaji's job for such an important round!!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

happy1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Agree! She is a really bad singer. She sang "Nigahen milane ko jee chahta hai" on ustadon ka ustad really bad, but I am shocked that Javed Akhter did not point out that she was ekdum besura, even I can sing better than her!
   I will upload my songs for comments later.
This was a shame that they could not find better singer to perform in front of Asha ji. She ruined every one's songs.
   Asha ji should have asked all of them to sing solo!!
kiti_g thumbnail
Hey i agree!! she messed up big time and Ashaji actually acknowledged that indirectly! remember chetan rana and her singing 'aankhon mein kya ji' ... after they finished Ashaji asked Chetan to sing the complete song alone and actually said, 'i think u will do a much better job alone'! it was left to us to interpret the unsaid words but without a doubt she was terrible and i first thot she was there only for one song and they will call others for the rest and was shocked that she was there for all!
shri420 thumbnail
Sumitra sung couple of songs really good when she was in "Amul Star Voice of India", but never the best. Stupid judges (like Aadesh Shrivastava) took her to the heights she never deserved. Edited by shri420 - 16 years ago
gckasturi thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i agree - i cringed every time she opened her mouth. i think her singing really brought down each contestant's singing (like everyone pointed out). i thought she was horrible on ustaadon ke ustaad too and was horrified by how all of the judges kept showering her with praises and points (until she messed up big time during the final and raja deservedly won; if she hadn't pulled that water thing, i'm afraid the judges would have selected her again).
to be honest, i think javed akhtar is not a good judge at all - i had respect for him until i saw his bad judgements on srgmp challenge 2005 and then comments and judgements on indian idol . . .
sme123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I totally agree - She has been un-necessarily hyped and has no reason to be called a singer (maybe a bathroom singer).. I think the reason we don't see her again is possibly because Ashaji must have said something.

Also, I have lost all my respect for Javed Akhtar after seeing him on Ustaadon ke Ustaad... he shows as if he has full knowledge of Sur and dance etc. It was ridiculous when he was fighting with Saroj Khan about a dance move...Someone has rightly said "Little Knowledge is dangerous thing"

CricFan thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
The producers realized their mistake and brought in Bela the following week. Sumitra -- who not only is a terrible singer-- just doesn't have the personality to be a duet singer. She doesn't smile and doesn't send positive vibes. I hope never to see her again.