India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

Pardesi Re

larkianjanese Newbie
larkianjanese
larkianjanese

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
PARDESI RE by J.S.K. Productions P. Ltd. Written, produced and directed by Kewal Krishna, is all about Indians who depart from their motherland for lucrative opportunities abroad.

A group of NRIs from London invites well-known singers from India every year. This year, their theme is folk singing and they send across Ragini (Shruti Ulfat), an FM RJ, to contact a famous folk singer and extend an invitation for the show on their behalf.

Prabhakar (Ashutosh Rana), the protagonist of PARDESI RE, is a folk singer from Allahabad. Life was normal until that day when he meets Ragini.

Ragini meets the singer, but realizes that he doesn't deserve the honor. Ragini plans to return to London, but chances upon Prabhakar. She happens to overhear Prabhakar whilst he's singing a devotional song in a temple. She looks at him as a perfect son of the soil and extends her invitation to London.

However, Prabhakar refuses the invitation on grounds that he doesn't want to leave his motherland. But, later, he is forced by circumstances and personal constraints to accept the offer.

In London, Prabhakar stays with the President of the NRI group, called India Club. He meets Diya (Shama Sikander), the Club President's daughter. On further interaction with her, Prabhakar learns that Diya doesn't think highly of Indians. Prabhakar decides to confront Diya and during a debate, succeeds in showing Diya the true picture.

Diya subconsciously loses her heart to Prabhakar. On the other hand, even Ragini is impressed with Prabhakar's love for his motherland and finds herself drawn emotionally towards the talented singer. What happens next?

PARDESI RE bears a striking resemblance to Manoj Kumar's immensely successful PURAB AUR PACHHIM. The difference being, while P.A.P. captured the diverse lifestyle of the east and west with clarity and lan, PARDESI RE comes across as a soulless saga. The drama in this case looks artificial and it fails to strike a chord with the viewer.

The only redeeming feature of this enterprise is the dialogue, which successfully stir up some patriotic fervor at brief intervals. But, at places, the writer does go overboard, with the protagonist's preaching and sermonizing testing the viewer's patience.

Another glaring loophole is that although the story is set in London, the film has been shot indoors extensively. That's where parallels would be drawn with P.A.P. again, since the 1970s hit captured the beauty of the magnificent city skillfully. In PARDESI RE, barring a few sequences here and there, major work has been done indoors, which takes away the charm to an extent.

Music is okay. Direction has got lot of bugs. Cinematography is just about okay.
Ashutosh Rana should not have done the filmy dances. Rajpal Yadav is liked by some.

If you have time to kill, then watching this movie is not a bad idea.

larkianjanese Newbie
larkianjanese
larkianjanese

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
hey i found this article ....i havent watched the movie myself, u guys mite think i did b cuz of the last sentence buh no i havent, its part of the article lolz....i want to watch it, and i will onli b cuz shama (pooja)is in there, i think shes pretty....
sweetyvk Senior Member
sweetyvk
sweetyvk

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

i  had see the promos of this movie........i thought they were gross, the guy looked really old and Shama was way younger than him. Dead But I didn't see the movie either, I think it was on tv once.

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 3:49pm | IP Logged

i wanna watch this movie

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
i also wanna watch the movie!

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 5:19pm | IP Logged
i havnt heard abt da movie b4 now..mite c it 4 shama luv her actin in ymlh.shez pretty
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 09 January 2005 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
THE MOVIE SOUNDS Dead

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index