Book Talk

Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Posted: 16 years ago
How many of u have read the novel crime and punishment by fyodor dostoyevsky? If so, what are ur views on it? Please share it here, so that we all can discuss it!πŸ˜ƒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I have loved loved LOVED that book! 😳 dunno how to express my feelings....i keep on dreaming about it all day and night...the characters seems so real...that i keep talking with them πŸ˜† its true...

this novel has given me insight into peoples psychologu...even criminals ones as well....loved it...
Will write later more about my feelings for it...meanwhile u people ahre ur views... πŸ˜ƒ
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
my favorite book of all time, Crime and Punishment is "the" novel.
The novel portrays the murder of a miserly, aged pawnbroker and her younger sister by a destitute Saint Petersburg student named Raskolnikov, and the emotional, mental, and physical effects that follow. Raskolnikov also strives to be an extraordinary being, similar to Napoleon, who can murder without repercussions.
I haven't read another novel so earthy, so subtle and so simply eccentrically human. Dostoevsky's insight into Human Mind remains unparalleled to this day. Its the greatest piece of art I have read.
In the novel, just when the "punishment" seemingly may start lawfully, for Raskolnikov, he has been thru his Punishment already.
This is not a simple fun pass time read. Its a heavy subject and obviously a Heavy read and u gotta take reading seriously for this.
haven't read another book which has shaken me up so much. Truly Terrific Classic. This is what they call "Life changing" if there ever was one!
Dostoevsky is my demi God
πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: lucky_lakshmi

my favorite book of all time, Crime and Punishment is "the" novel.
The novel portrays the murder of a miserly, aged pawnbroker and her younger sister by a destitute Saint Petersburg student named Raskolnikov, and the emotional, mental, and physical effects that follow. Raskolnikov also strives to be an extraordinary being, similar to Napoleon, who can murder without repercussions.
I haven't read another novel so earthy, so subtle and so simply eccentrically human. Dostoevsky's insight into Human Mind remains unparalleled to this day. Its the greatest piece of art I have read.
In the novel, just when the "punishment" seemingly may start lawfully, for Raskolnikov, he has been thru his Punishment already.
This is not a simple fun pass time read. Its a heavy subject and obviously a Heavy read and u gotta take reading seriously for this.
haven't read another book which has shaken me up so much. Truly Terrific Classic. This is what they call "Life changing" if there ever was one!
Dostoevsky is my demi God
πŸ˜ƒ

Completley agree with u.....πŸ‘ This isnt a book to pass time...its a book to understand many things...and lots of...πŸ‘

Posted: 15 years ago
I love that book - absolutely!
The idea that there are people who do not deserve to live and then its corresponding idea that no one has the right to decide who else has the right to live or doesnt - everytime i read that book, it gives me something new to think about.
And your siggy is interesting - did you have it custom made?
Originally posted by: whynot

I love that book - absolutely!

The idea that there are people who do not deserve to live and then its corresponding idea that no one has the right to decide who else has the right to live or doesnt - everytime i read that book, it gives me something new to think about.

Yeah. I do a lot of research in the net regarding the book, and i have founnd out a lot of things. This book is just too good.πŸ˜ƒ

Nah, made my siggi myselfπŸ˜ƒ
ritish sachdeva thumbnail

Crime and punishment are synonymous  in the sense that former is the necessary consequence of the latter.If crime is not met with punishment their would be a complete havoc and a state of lawlessness in the society.

RITISH
LPO

Originally posted by: ritish sachdeva

Crime and punishment are synonymous  in the sense that former is the necessary consequence of the latter.If crime is not met with punishment their would be a complete havoc and a state of lawlessness in the society.

RITISH
LPO

Yes yesπŸ˜†ut have u read that book?😳