rabeeak2003 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

was that embarassing or was that SAD?😳

Hope u do better next time!😊

good luck from me for next time!

allegra thumbnail
2 incidents come to mind

1) Went grocery shopping with my 2 brothers many years ago. I was checking out a few things and when I turned around, my brothers were gone. So I took our shopping cart filled with groceries and crossed over a couple of aisles until I saw them. They looked at me and burst out laughing (how mean!!) and then I suddenly realize I'm hearing someone screaming "Miss! Miss!!" and turned around to see an old man running toward me. I had walked off with his shopping cart!! Ours was with my brother.

2) This was a few years ago at work- still can't believe I did that.
One of our patients was very sick, had accumulated fluid between her lung lining and was having difficulty breathing. We had called the surgical service to put a chest tube to drain the fluid and they were also supposed to send the fluid sample to the lab for testing. The surgical resident placed the chest tube but did not send the fluid to the lab, and was being very arrogant.

When I found out about it, I realized I would have to send it. I was already swamped with so many other things to do, and I - grumbling and complaining about how the resident isn't even a surgeon yet and already she has a God complex - went to the patient's room (which was all the way at the end of the hallway) and removed some of the fluid in a sterile plastic cup. I picked it up from the table and brought it around the nursing station on my way to lab while still grumbling and complaining to my colleague about how "I still have to order stuff on other patients, and follow up on labs and talk to the consultants, and I" - I stopped and looked down at the cup, - "and I brought back the patient's apple juice instead of her pleural fluid!!" I ran back in the room. The patient had not touched her dinner tray yet, thank god! (poor thing. was too sick to eat). When I came out of the room - this time with the right specimen, and returned from dropping it off in the lab, my colleagues and all the nurses were still laughing!

Have a few other work stories, but Anju did instruct to "keep it clean" so can't share those. 😳
ahmed316us thumbnail
Originally posted by: rabeeak2003

was that embarassing or was that SAD?😳

Hope u do better next time!😊

good luck from me for next time!

it was both. because there were lot of people watching and it was in the news.

thanks for wishing me a good luck.
rabeeak2003 thumbnail

oooh, wow allegra! that is hilarious, sorry can't stop laughing!

ides thumbnail
Originally posted by: MysticaMagic

Ides - was that guy cute? πŸ˜‰

MystiπŸ˜†....trust u to get to the heart of the matter.....almost everyone I tell this incident to ends up asking me this question....arre kaha na, it was unintentional......shakal deykh kar naheen girri thee.....πŸ˜†

I guess he was ok looking from my "point of view"πŸ˜‰ ....see the thing is, the first time I saw him, he had his head in some paperwork, when I stepped on his foot, he was sort of grimacing and when I fell, I was too embarassed to look at him....πŸ˜•
ides thumbnail
NainaπŸ˜†....u dont do things by half measures either I guess......

AlleπŸ˜†...I'm still laughing thinking abt not what happened but what could have happened in the last senario......btw remind me never to come to ur hospital to get any tests done.....πŸ˜‰

ooooh....this just reminded me....a friend dropped at my grandparents' house after spending a day shopping (in Pakistan)....it was summer and she was very thirsty....she raced to the fridge, yanked open a bottle of what she thought was ice cold water, and had gulped down half of it before she came up for air......she made a wierd face and retched some......she had drunk vinegar instead of water....🀒 Edited by ides - 19 years ago
_Anonymous_ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ides

she had drunk vinegar instead of water....🀒

I did that!!!πŸ˜† except it wasn't vinegar...I think it was vegetable oilπŸ˜†

_Anonymous_ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

NainaπŸ˜†....u dont do things by half measures either I guess......

Ides I'm the Queen of Falling in the laps of Guys on the Train

I seriously fall at least 2 times a day into some poor person's lap on the Train everyday

I have NO BALANCE whatsoever🀒

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
   Alle and Ides!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜† i can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!My God!!!!!!
*Anjali* thumbnail

the train stopped and I fell.... right in the lap of the same guy😳😳

... happened but I fell on his lap..... again......(it was definately not deliberate)😳😳😳.......

some gals have all the luck!!!!! just kidding, yaar...i'm sure you didn't feel that way πŸ˜‰