Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Gracella

IF-Stunnerz

Gracella

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

Glitter Graphic: 1ab7bbf4086edc8ba5522c0223ff3479.gif Hiya Friends!! Glitter Graphic: 1ab7bbf4086edc8ba5522c0223ff3479.gif

Welcome to a new Discussion topic at Paranormal ForumTongue

Glitter Graphic: 08c39b487651dbfd86fcb0949c2499d8.gif

Imaginary Friends

Do you have a child that has an imaginary friend?
Or maybe one of your friends or family members has a child who talks about their imaginary friend...?

Perhaps you may remember a movie called Drop Dead Fred. This movie was a humorous look at the relationship between a young girl and her mischievous, trouble making imaginary friend. Although the movie was fiction the basic concept is actually true.

According to psychologists it is normal, and quite common, for children to invent imaginary friends.

Most often an imaginary friend is a harmless product of a healthy, active imagination. However, there have been many cases where a child's relationship with an imaginary friend has proved to be problematic.

But what if the child's new friend is actually a ghost?
 This can become a very dangerous situation for your child as the ghost, or spirit, may be malignant and wish to harm them.
In one case a young girl's imaginary friend nearly convinced her to jump out of a window from which she would have been very seriously hurt if not killed.

Time to discuss nowWink

• -- What are your views on this?
  • Do you know of a child who has an imaginary friend? Perhaps you yourself had an imaginary friend when you were young...??
  • Anything else you would love to add on this..?

Happy discussing!Smile

Regards,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

legallyzoyashijhu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "^ Imaginary Friends ^" in Paranormal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
wowww gracie great topic
yes i know a frd of mine who had an imaginary frd she used to call her tina she kept herself busy da whole day with her slowly she was so much engrossed with her tina dats he started ignoring hers tudies when she failed her parents started looking into da matter but everything was normal they thought might be some spirit probs so they changed da house and town but heard few days back she is still unmarried at 32 cuz she is saying new to all da alliance when asked she gave da reason dat she married tinas bro akaash dunno wozz dis or wozz she upto but her parents r in a real bad state tho she is otherwise very much like others

friend_125

Goldie

friend_125

Posted: 19 April 2008 at 2:24am | IP Logged
hey shiju thats strange ...aakash Ouch another imaginary perosn of inmaginary friend...

gracie veryyyyy nice topic yar
yes i beleive that many ppl spe.children build some imaginary frends...but i never came across any kind of situaiton in my life myself..but yes i know a kid who had some imaginary frend with whom she used to play when alone ...but the problem sorted out with passage of time..now its fine.

yes sometimes these imag.frends cab b too dangerous n life stealing..if the problem becomes worse then i think serious steps shud b taken..like giving time to children so that they may not feel alone....because i beleive that this img.freind situation occurs when a kid starts feeling alone n no1 to play with..

friend_125

Goldie

friend_125

Posted: 19 April 2008 at 2:30am | IP Logged
hey shiju thats strange ...aakash Ouch another imaginary perosn of inmaginary friend...

gracie veryyyyy nice topic yar
yes i beleive that many ppl spe.children build some imaginary frends...but i never came across any kind of situaiton in my life myself..but yes i know a kid who had some imaginary frend with whom she used to play when alone ...but the problem sorted out with passage of time..now its fine.

yes sometimes these imag.frends cab b too dangerous n life stealing..if the problem becomes worse then i think serious steps shud b taken..like giving time to children so that they may not feel alone....because i beleive that this img.freind situation occurs when a kid starts feeling alone n no1 to play with..

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:04am | IP Logged
yes it is indeed strange sometimes i feel whether she really imagines or is it an another way to keep one out of da world n be in their own

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 19 April 2008 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
ok so this is really freaky... i have this friend who has an imaginary friend.. it started in grade 8..
she didn't tell me herself but we found out from another friend. anyways so that person she talks to
is a girl from her previous birth. apparently this is my friend's second birth n she has reincarnated
or something Confused she knows this because her "friend' told her...
and this friend of mine is so quiet... she barely ever talks n shes almost antisocial.. its unhealthy..
me n her other friends think shes always talking to that person in her head and maybe thats why she is so quiet..
we want her to visit a doc but its so hard to bring it up

Edited by -Pinky- - 19 April 2008 at 1:42pm

shijhu

IF-Rockerz

shijhu

Posted: 28 April 2008 at 7:41am | IP Logged
ohh scary but i can understand how u must be concerned for ur frd rathar than discussing iwth her why dont u guys take some elder into confidence n ask them to talk to her parents after all its a matter of her life and future

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 2:25am | IP Logged
hehe wen iw as small i did....laods of them!!!!
my lilk cuzin sis, has her iamginary friend called ''joker'' LOL
she is obsessed with joker..in fact if i come n sit nxt to ehr
shed be all like ''Zo, DONT SIT THERE...JOKER SI SITTIN THERE
CANT YOU SEE? WHERE IS UR CHASHMA? HE WILL GET HURT!'
n id go all like '''sorrryyyy jokerrrrr'' LOL ...
there was an article in the HEALTH journal..it was awesome
it said tht many kdis do!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top