Big Crime...(:

akash12_06 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Aim of writing this discussion is just to find out what indian peoples think about today's entertainment material ?

Yesterday i found this site in news paper & decided to become member just to find out how much my mind set is match with other indian peoples.

In the starting i was great fan of Jassi . I never miss any episode. But now since she ran away from marriage( ...that episode), i hate jassi serial .Now in any circumstances i dont like to see this serial . I feel they just extending episodes..and they are totally diverting the real story..

What you think ? Because we are the person who has to decide what should be entertain ment material. Now a days tv serials are just creating negative image of joint family. Just you think twice and try to find , what ever you are watching in today's time contains any truth ? Can't  these things  demage our or childeren's mind set ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasmin thumbnail
the world is changing, and kids will be exposed to various lifestyle choices, even in India...it's probably better if concerned parents speak to their kids about viewed to materials on tv, in film, magazines, internet, etc...after all, your kids are your own, entertainment is a public domain and there is an allocated freedom of choice in programming (to an extent)...society has to learn to adjust
to changing "norms" and approach issues and differences with authority, knowledge and sensitivity when speaking to kids, in every age group...

what we think we know, our kids probably figured out 5 years prior!!! 😃
vasamv thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Parents have to teach kids the meaning of Garbage i.e TV shows.
Naina_Manam thumbnail
Well, not all things children will encounter in life is going to be positive. Parents should teach their children how to judge on things to see what is good or bad and what they should be influenced on. So it's not the problem of the shows it's how parents deal with it.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I just stopped subscribing to Sony recently and stopped watching jassi after the run away episode . I was so damn upset !!!!! I used to watch Kusum too and even YMLH , i got so fed up with their story line . But fortunately Sahara one got my interest , i have free time in the afternoon for an hour , and HKKC and MMRW were 2 perfect serials to replace jassi, Kusum and YMLH.

But i keep thinking since people curse jassi's new story line but continue to watch it their TRP may not fall significantly enough for T&D or Ekta to take action . Its a vicious circle , people must out of protest stop watching it and do something else or watch something else for the producers of these stupid shows to take notice .
I know my quitting Sony won't help , but i certainly feel better , since i don't have to view Jassi junk !
Sharila thumbnail
If you teach your kids right there is nothing to worry about. In this era kids are exposed to alot of things that we don't even know about. I have two kids 17 & 12 they come home, and start telling things that really shocks me at time but at the same time I realize that they are discussing with me instead of going to others to find out about the situation. If the kids are smart enough they will figure it out that hey, it is just a serial in real life things are very different.
reetsk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi akash12_06, welcome to IF.
Many of us here have stopped watching Jassi after that episode and do share the same views. Yes, these days the shows are being extended with nothing to teach and learn out of it. It does have an impact on a person's mind set but it is we who decide how to take the things. It is we the viewers who have the rights to choose the type of entertainment we want and that is why we all are here. We hope that someday this forum will help the media people and story writers and they will understand what we are looking for.
akash12_06 thumbnail
Thanks reetsk.

Actually this is the reply i was expecting from others.I am really happy after this reply. Can we invite some media persons to join and use these site as feedback from audiance . This way site popularity will also increase and also we will be able to create some new generation in tv serials.

Can any body tell me how many parents & their kids are enough smart to deal with these type of situation ?These things are not for only kids but for us also. They feel audiance is fool & they continue to make use fool. A very intelligent girl(jassi) , has done very foolish thing.I can't digest.It has only two meanings .Either she was intelligent in just accounting or they just change the story to do more business..That's all..
-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
even i used to love jjkn earlier. it was different from all other serials. i have stopped watching it now . It has become just another nonsense serial actually
dannyk thumbnail
i hate all such kind of series .. in this kind of series the character get married many times .. and at end they will turn back to original one .. whichis not true practically also ..

i think parents are not required to watch such serials in front of kids .. for kids instead of make them watch cartoon network .. switch one to Nat Geo or such kind of channel which help them while studing also and know what is going around .. whic is also help them for thinking ..