What happened when Tulsi met Tulsi?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ght_3fr3

IF-Dazzler

ght_3fr3

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
What happened when Tulsi met Tulsi?

What happened when the two Kyunkii... protagonists,  Smriti Iraani and Gautami Kapoor came face to face for the first time? Ranjib Majumdar has all the details

Though everyone expected sparks to fly when the two Tulsis (the original Smriti Irani and the replacement Gautami Kapoor) in Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi met on the sets, the scenario took a different turn.

It may be mentioned that actor Gautami replaced Smriti in Kyunkii and has been playing the iconic role of Tulsi for the past few months. However, since Smriti has now been brought back in the show, a particular scene into the show required both the actresses to shoot together.

Gautami said, "I was in my make-up van when Smriti came on the sets of the show. Though, I knew she had joined Kyunkii, I really did not have any clue about her arrival on the sets. Needless to say, I was in for a big surprise when I came out of my van. There she was in front of me. I went and hugged her!"

She elaborated, "When I hugged her, I found everyone staring at me. Everyone had stopped working and everything came to a virtual standstill. I guess, everyone was expecting some fireworks. But, we met like friends and then we chatted a little."

Gautami maintained that she always respected Smriti as an actor and that there were no hard feelings at all. "We share a very good professional rapport, so there was no reason for bad blood. Even when I joined Kyunkii, I always knew that she would be coming back, but didn't know when," she said. 

Gautami has been flooded with offers for other shows after Smriti's comeback. Reason? Everyone has assumed that she is on her way out. "I am still very much part of Kyunkii.

But, all the production houses have started calling me with offers. I had a tough time convincing them I won't be able to accept any offers because of my commitment to Kyunkii," she said. Incidentally, Gautami's character has now turned negative and apparently her role will be eventually phased out.

Has she been offered any role by Balaji's head honcho Ekta Kapoor?
"I am in Kyunkii as of now.  I don't know about the future yet. But, I am sure Ekta will offer me something good," she quipped.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1160307

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What happened when Tulsi met Tulsi?" in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top