Page 2 Page 2

angelic eyes

IF-Sizzlerz

angelic eyes

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 4:58am | IP Logged
Article on Harshad/Prem..

TELLY TALKS : Right, all the way

---------------------------------------
Harshad Chopra tells Sonal D'Silva that his dream of being in the limelight has come true
---------------------------------------
It's a small town-boy-comes-to-big-city story. He came in search of fame and found it as well! Actor Harshad Chopra is definitely a face to reckon with on the small screen. After starring in soaps like Mamta, Left Right Left and Amber Dhara, Chopra gets ready to star in the new Star Plus show Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. The spotlight is on him, once more.

- Tell us what your new character Prem is all about.
It is quite exciting and challenging to play him because I think he really is like the ideal human being. He is a pillar of strength, he loves his family, takes care of everyone and tries to keep everyone happy. He truly has a different way of showing his love.

I know that there are so many characters on air, and no one can be 100 per cent realistic. So as far as characters on TV go, you have to realise that they are a mixture — some of it comes from reality, some of it from imagination.

- Tell us about your journey into acting.
I always wanted to be an actor. Like everyone else I also wanted to be a star. Laughs But being from a small town I didn't think my dream could come true. I came to Pune to study and then came to Mumbai and started to work on it. I thought I would do modelling for some time but that never worked out. Finally I realised it was about surviving; to keep my dream alive, I took up serials. The day I decided I wanted to do serials, things started to fall in place. I went for the Mamta audition and got finalised. The kind of effort I can put into acting… I cannot do anything else with such determination.

- You lived in Pune for a while — what are your favourite memories of that time?
Pune is absolutely my favourite city. I can say it is one city I can never forget because it transformed me. I was a very different person before and Pune changed me and taught me so many things. When I shifted to Pune — my family is originally from MP — I didn't know anyone but I lived there for nearly five years and I made good friends, met people who have always guided me. I can't put it in words... I am dying to go back there again.

- And how has being an actor on TV been for you?
I know now that it is very tough and not everyone can do it. The way it looks — you think it must be really easy laughs — but it is not that easy at all. As far as the industry goes, I think a change is coming. We are becoming a bit experimental in terms of content on shows but every change takes time. People are always scared of going out of their comfort zone. We are comfortable making a certain kind of daily soaps but people are trying different things. I'm sure we will see more variety in the near future.

- Any interesting fan stories?
Laughs You know, for a while I had no idea if I even had a fan following. I got good feedback about my work from people at the channel and that was it. But after a year of doing Left Right Left, I started to meet people who appreciated my work. I began to get emails and initially it was strange to find out that they knew so much about me. Laughs Last year about 20 fans came to my sets to celebrate my birthday — and they even came one day in advance because they were not sure I would come to work on my birthday. Laughs So fans have these gestures, which make you feel so special. It's great!

- What's next for you?
I cannot share my goals really, because I am kind of superstitious about it. Laughs I prefer to be quiet and work towards my goals instead of talking about them. So let's see, I'll take it one day at a time…

http://www.sakalherald.com/SakalHerald/04042008/NT004197BE.h tm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Silver torasalma_786786Rabba-Ve-Delena

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Article about Harshad/Prem.." in Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

delo

IF-Sizzlerz

delo

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:11am | IP Logged

Wowwww Yoj

Thanks a lot for this article

I think its the first of its kind...I mean a chit chat with Harsh..All other articles have just been general

Thanks for hunting this out

Aww I know how much he lovess PuneWink

And am glad he narrated that b'day celebrated on the sets last year

Cause I was also a part of that madness big time and had planned out so many things with my friends...Hahahahaha

That day was very special for HarshBig smile

angelic eyes

IF-Sizzlerz

angelic eyes

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by delo

Wowwww Yoj

Thanks a lot for this article

I think its the first of its kind...I mean a chit chat with Harsh..All other articles have just been general

Thanks for hunting this out

Aww I know how much he lovess PuneWink

And am glad he narrated that b'day celebrated on the sets last year

Cause I was also a part of that madness big time and had planned out so many things with my friends...Hahahahaha

That day was very special for HarshBig smile

Ur most welcomeBig smile..ya its a kind of Exclusive Chat..WinkIts a nice interview..especially the Fan things..Ya he did mention that last birthday was very special..Me too was a part of it..hehehe..Big smileAnd as far as his love for Pune goes yeh mujhse behtar aur koi bata sakta hain kya..?Embarrassed

Iriss

IF-Sizzlerz

Iriss

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:40am | IP Logged
thanx a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn yoj Hug Hug

i think its first ever article where he is talking abt his town,family,friends n his journey thorugh this industry Big smile

aree agar thoda hint mil jata heer aur prem ke bare mein toh its have been icing on cake Wink

loved the article,don't worry harshad last time there were 20 ppl who came 2 celebrate ur birthday this time it will be more than 50 Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

priya Smile

Rabba-Ve-Delena

IF-Sizzlerz

Rabba-Ve-Delena

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Clap Clap Clap wowo..Thank you for shairng and gla he had a rocking birthday last year!! Hope we get more and more!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

angelic eyes

IF-Sizzlerz

angelic eyes

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bellle4u

thanx a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn yoj Hug Hug

i think its first ever article where he is talking abt his town,family,friends n his journey thorugh this industry Big smile

aree agar thoda hint mil jata heer aur prem ke bare mein toh its have been icing on cake Wink

loved the article,don't worry harshad last time there were 20 ppl who came 2 celebrate ur birthday this time it will be more than 50 Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

priya Smile

Ur most welcome PriyaHug ya its a first of its kind..Big smileHarshad gave a fulltoo interview..Embarrassedwarna he doesnt like giving interviews..Arre realli his birthday was special for him and 4 UsDay Dreaming also..Embarrassed

angelic eyes

IF-Sizzlerz

angelic eyes

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~Ouma*n*Ranbir~

Clap Clap Clap wowo..Thank you for shairng and gla he had a rocking birthday last year!! Hope we get more and more!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ur most welcome Ouma..Big smile Ya hope his b'day keep getting special each yr..EmbarrassedClap

delo

IF-Sizzlerz

delo

Posted: 18 April 2008 at 6:09am | IP Logged

See this pic of Harshad's last b'day on the LRL sets

Edited by delo - 18 April 2008 at 6:12am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top