Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin - Daily Update

India-Forums

Telecast Date: Tuesday May 11, 2004 (Page 2)

Anonymous Groupbie
Anonymous
Anonymous

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 7:04am | IP Logged

Well to be fair...at the beginning of each update, credit IS given to Jassi Pretty as it is acknowledged that the update is coming from her!

Perhaps this should be emphasised on?And stated more clearly?I agree the credit should definitely go to the person who puts in the effort.

However, surely there should be no problem if Ashwirya edits the update, acknowledges that the original material comes from JP and then puts it on this site. It is perfectly acceptable to do so. Even the Jassi_pretty group is an open group, and the contents are not private,so there is no breach of confidentiality is there?

grinchluver Newbie
grinchluver
grinchluver

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 8:24am | IP Logged
If the writer of the update doesn't want it to be copied and used anywhere even upon being given credit then why do copy it even after that???
grinchluver Newbie
grinchluver
grinchluver

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 8:26am | IP Logged
And stop CRIBBING??? Stop copying the updates which the owner doesn't want copied in any manner and there'll be no more cribbing.
Anonymous Groupbie
Anonymous
Anonymous

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 9:03am | IP Logged

Ok fair enough that perhaps it should have been respected that the author doesn't want to be copied.. but might I ask why? It's just a description of what happened in the episode. If the author doesn't mind people reading what she has written, then how does it matter if that matter is copied and pasted onto another site where even more people can read and be updated with what's happening in Jassi?

I mean it doesn't really matter for the people reading the updates where they read it from, as long as it's the most conveninent site and the material has been put across in a coherent manner!

And i also think that when the author says that they will stop writing the material altogether to teach the people who copy a lesson is a bit childish..because no one will really benefit from it!It's only the readers of both this forum as well as the jassi_pretty forum who will not have any way of finding out what's happening in Jassi...and correct me if I am wrong, but that is the main objective of these forums?

grinchluver Newbie
grinchluver
grinchluver

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 9:39am | IP Logged
If the author is writing the updates-then she has say as to where she'd like to see them appearing and where not. It's not merely a 'description of whats happened' in Jassi-that in itself is a degrading comment to all the hardwork put in by the author. The same summary could be written in a totally/dull and short manner but it isn't. If it seems all that childish for one to say they'll stop putting the updates altogether then y resort to taking updates from a place/person like that? There is no point arguing/discussing this because apparently the author's wishes aren't going to be honored under any circumstances and that is apparent. And speaking of childish-these points used to defend posting updates here that shouldn't be posted here-that in itself seems quite childish. Adios.
Anonymous Groupbie
Anonymous
Anonymous

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 10:15am | IP Logged

Well to being with...more than defending the updates here, I was more curious as to why there is a problem in the first place about the updates being posted here?

Secondly I apologise for saying that the updates are merely a description of what happened in the episode, as I agree that it has been put across in an extremely entertaining manner.

Thirdly, if someone puts material on the net which is accesible to everyone and moreover MEANT so that it benefits others, then it kind of beats the point to then go on to say that the material should not be reproduced in any way. I don't belive that if you put something on the internet you have any control of where it further appears. Yes it is required to refer where the material is being produced from, which Ashwirya has been doing in each and every udpate.

Also just to clarify? would the author have been ok if this site just gave a link to the Jassi pretty website for each and every episode update rather than actually editing and copying that update here?

And basically you have just been in the offensive from the start without explaining your reasoning. I'm sure the owners of this site did not wish to upset anyone in any way, but only benefit others by bringing them updates as we obviously didn't know about the JP site before and private forums are hard to find on the internet whereas this site was very easy to spot.

...But since you don't want to discuss this any further...

rainbow Newbie
rainbow
rainbow

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. The updates by Ash are providing a great service to a lot of people.The language flow is much better.The site is MUCH MORE accessible than JP. It is a royal pain in the neck to register to read JP updates and when you do register the site is so user unfriendly with anoying pop ups every min.The india forum is a much better to navigate and much more user friendly. So instead of getting upset you should be happy that your overall purpose of reaching out to maximum number of people. If you really want to help jassi fans then  please try not to make such a fuss about it. 
doc72279 Newbie
doc72279
doc72279

Posted: 13 May 2004 at 10:57am | IP Logged

it is not an annoyance to read updates there.  if u have some computer sense all u do is register ONCE.  cuz u don't have to register every time if u have any knowledge of yahoo groups.  and then u just save the link of the homepage of jp in ur favorites or however u want to.  and the link to the update is on the homepage itself so u don't even have to go searching for the update.  anyway i think the author of the update has already clearly stated that the update should not be seen anywhere but jp so there is no question of making any fuss or anything.  if u want to read zainu's updates u have to come to jp....no other choice.  unless someone on ur forum volunteers to write their own update.  so suit urself.  but there is no way the updates are gonna be used here any longer.  and there are no popups which come when u access yahoo groups.  there are 1400 members in our group and not a single person has complained about difficult accessibility to the update or popups or anything of the sort.  plus there are 1000's of other groups and these complaints of yours are unheard of.  anyway..i think we all from jp have made our point.  there is no further discussion.

Go to top