Posted: 19 years ago
Jassi plays it safe
   January 7, 2005

Jassi plays it safe

Back to normal: Mona Singh (left) and Rakshanda Khan (extreme right) with Vinay Jain and his bride
Pics: Vijayanand Gupta
Mona 'Jassi' Singh obviously did not want to take any chances being caught by lensmen in her true colours as was in the case of Shweta Kwatra-Manav Gohil's wedding party.

So she turned up in her regular avatar at co-star Vinay 'Aryan' Jain's wedding reception in south Mumbai on Wednesday.

Jassi was chaperoned by her buddy-cum godmother Rakshanda Khan. And in keeping with the wintry clime, Jassi seemed to be having a cold war (or is it over-familiarity on the sets) with Armaan Sir (Apoorva Agnihotri, that is) who came with his spouse Shilpa Saklani.

One for the camera: Apurva Agnihotri and Shilpa Saklani
Throughout the reception she kept a safe distance from him, preferring to chat and giggle exclusively with the ravishing Rakshanda 'Mallika' Khan The showbiz-celeb turn-out comprised Boman Irani, Tanaaz Currim, Gautami Gadgil,  Parmeet Sethi with biwi Archana Puran Singh, Viveck Vaswani and Tisca Arora.

The other scene-stealers at the glittering event were model Kavita Kaushik (who plays Vinay's sweetheart in Remix on Star One and is also seen in Ye Meri Life Hai on Sony) and a saree-clad svelte Kitu Gidwani.

You have our blessings: Boman Irani (extreme right) and a friend with the couple
Constantly being mobbed by the children was Jassi who proved to be the centre of distraction.

Ultimately, whilst having dinner she quickly removed her infamous glasses.

And it worked like magic, because suddenly the fans withdrew. "Bina chashma ki woh Jassi jaisi lagti nahin," grumbled a seven-year-old.

Thnx for the article!

I think Rakshanda is being really sweet, all protective of Mona!😊

thanks for the article MayFlower and welcome to the forum!!! I wonder why Mona was keeping her distance from Apurva???? 😕  I've heard they're good friends in real life---hmmmm...must have something to do with Shilpa 😕
thanks for the article. i think jassi is staying away from armaan b/c of shilpa or b/c of the war between them on screen.
But what does she have against Shilpa?  I don't get it...maybe she just didnt want people to like see her with Apoorva (Armaan) because in the show she doesn't want to have anything to do with him so in real life there might be too much papparazzi.  hmmm...something to think about.
maybe Shilpa doesn't like Mona's friendship with Apurva....❓
or myb they just made it up to add soem  mirch masal..they often to do that lol..😆
Originally posted by hawa_hawai

or myb they just made it up to add soem  mirch masal..they often to do that lol..😆

that's true--they're probably trying to mirror what's happening in the show.  I like the pic in your signature!!! Welcome to India-forums!!!😊

Originally posted by hawa_hawai

yeah that could be the reason too.