Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Criticism of JJKN is becoming a drag (Page 2)

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:23am | IP Logged

Nicely said Minnie and Jammy.

Originally posted by Rumi

as he/she likes purab , when purab does something bad, like abandoning jassi before engagement, it becomes the directors' fault. but if armaan or jassi does something bad imediately it becomes their fault!

Very true. But, this has happened on both sides.

When JJKN was deviating from the BLF track, there were many people who kept on blaming Purab for ruining the show, but very few pointed out that the directors were at fault for making the crucial mistake of extending the scope of his character. I was just as fed-up as Minnie is at the moment by the endless criticism and fights at that point in time.

At the same time, I dont feel that criticism should stop completely - without it there would be no discussion.

However, I do agree that criticism should be restricted to direction and the story in itself and one should not convert friends into enemies based on fictitious characters.

This is just my opinion...No offense intended.Smile

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by spike

If you are not given the freedom to express your opinions about the characters, you can never expect to get an unbiased view of how the show is to the people.

...if you have only those people around who love the story no matter how it goes, telling you constantly that the show's great, where do you have the unbiasness?

You said it, girl! ClapClapClap

Thats why its fun having both Armaan and Purab fans on the forum. We have some really witty members on IF who rarely take offense. Good going you all.

Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:45am | IP Logged
 I don't know what happened earlier, coz i was not present there.but personally i never blamed the character purab, coz he is just a character and played his part perfectly in the way as the directors wanted. it is the directors' fault to introduce him so early in the story(going away from the original one and then meaninglessly dragging it) and then ending it in a foolish way.similarly one should also think that armaan 's character has also been butchered in this story ( going away once again from the original one) and one should blame the directors only for that!i think in this way one can be unbiased in criticisms.  anyways, i think that this is the high time when we realize that it is better to stop blaming different characters, i.e who is ideal or who is not. we have to realise that this story is going to be the same as blf was. so in future we should only try to find out how they direct it and whether they can create the magic as was done in blf in the remaining portion of the story( what happened earlier just happened and it's a past tense . let's look forward! please!).criticisms should be in the way as jammy does. all the fans, irrespective of armaan and purab, enjoy his updates mixed with wonderful criticisms!ClapClapClapcan't we learn some lessons from him? i am talking about all here, everybody, including me!
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Rumi

criticisms should be in the way as jammy does. all the fans, irrespective of armaan and purab, enjoy his updates mixed with wonderful criticisms!ClapClapClapcan't we learn some lessons from him? i am talking about all here, everybody, including me!

If Jammy is willing to start a School for Critiquing TV Shows, sure we'll learn. Wink 

What do you say, Jammy?

spike Senior Member
spike
spike

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

If you are not given the freedom to express your opinions about the characters, you can never expect to get an unbiased view of how the show is to the people.

...if you have only those people around who love the story no matter how it goes, telling you constantly that the show's great, where do you have the unbiasness?

Thats why its fun having both Armaan and Purab fans on the forum. We have some really witty members on IF who rarely take offense. Good going you all.

Thanks Mysti. I feel it's my IF-right to express myself. I hope other people do understand.

MR2006 Groupbie
MR2006
MR2006

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 7:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Thanks Mysti. I feel it's my IF-right to express myself. I hope other people do understand.

I understand Spike. I think it's okay to express your opinions because you are entitled to it. Personally speaking, I haven't been in this forum too long but enjoyed reading the arguments from both sides. It was a fun time-pass as long as nobody took it too seriously or too personally. The feedbacks as I like to call them were for the cast and crew, not to offend each other. But I doubt that the cast and crew spend too much time reading the viewers' feedbacks and reactions, even though they should. We all have different views of JJKN and as I said before different is not always bad.  

ExoticDivinity2 Senior Member
ExoticDivinity2
ExoticDivinity2

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 7:35pm | IP Logged

totally agree with all of you guys, but then again its a forum and we are going to be hearing criticisms of all sorts from every show and every character....once the show ends, then there won't be anymore of that...just fond memories LOL, and a forum is made to discuss what we think...and we're all different here so yah either we can accept it, or close our eyes and click on another post to read. 

Go to top