India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Criticism of JJKN is becoming a drag

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 07 January 2005 at 11:32pm | IP Logged

Listen folks,don't you think the criticism of the characters are just getting a little out of hand? It's OK to like or dislike a character bur just bitching about it just for the heck of it kind of spoils the character of discussions.It's OK  if it's done here and there but devoting almost every topic just to bash everything that happens in the serial doesn't make sense.I mean,there are ppl who don't like Jassi,Armaan,the story,the producers,the plot,the direction,the action,the acting,the costumes,the sets,the concept.........you name it & they don't like it.So why bother follow it at all? And to keep on posting offending comments repeatedly isn't fun always and the tit for tat syndrome's novelty is fast wearing thin,no matter which side you belong to.

I don't like Kusum or KSBKBT,so I don't go to the forum just to make fun of everything taking place in it.I leave it alone & let them who for some reason mysterious to me like it , enjoy.

I feel  if we don't like something,either ignore it completely or go about it in a positive note.Looking at the positive side of anything only brings about positive energy and overall a positive feeling.Stretching anything like a rubberband will only end in either a boomerang or a break,both of which hurt equally bad.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 07 January 2005 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
      Please treat the above topic as a request.Sorry if I am offending anyone.
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 07 January 2005 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Clap VERY well said, Minnie!! You are 100% right---I feel the same way---especially when the fictional characters become the basis for arguments and discord.  We should enjoy the story how it is (anyway we have no control over it) and let it unfold before our eyes.
Princess IF-Veteran Member
Princess
Princess

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Yes Minnie u r rightClapClap We shouldn't be fighting over people who don't even exist in real life. We should all remember that we r friends and we can't let these non-realistic characters ruin our friendship.
HUMM IF-Dazzler
HUMM
HUMM

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Yeah ur totally right minnie.
But We really can't do anything abt it!ConfusedConfusedConfused

Edited by HUMM - 08 January 2005 at 2:43am
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 3:04am | IP Logged

I agree to the part that fighting over fictional character is stupid & more stupid is to harm a good friend for the love of fictional character, but I dont agree that we cannot criticise a serial or its character. If so then why are all those villians hated. why dont we only look at the positive character in a serial and not ignore a negative character?

Why do people keep bitching about, how bad Aryaan is, or how bad mallika is, or how dumb pari is, and mind you this is happening from the start of the show at a regular interval when ever they (mallika , aryaan or pari) come into focus they are criticised. So right now jassi and armaan are in focus so its natural that they will face criticism from some and apprecation from others Its nothing to do with camp or something. Its human nature not everyone will like what you like, true?

Also when you love something & follow it daily to the extent of worshiping and then they ruin it for you well you then have every right to point it out and as many times you want.

For example When somebody criticises bush today will you say, ok enough we criticised him for 4 years now lets keep quiet and listen & take whatever crap he says/does, & try and find positive things in that crap, NO!!

Remmember not all five fingers are alike and as long as we can accept this fact the fingers wont have a problem to function successful as a part of a complete hand.

What I mean as long as all the member's accept the fact that not all think alike there shouldnt be a problem in people to be a part of the same forum. Not every member comes to appreciate a serial . We have to accept all kinds of people.

Also the point that those who dont like it should stop following the show. well then to tell you it takes time to do so or atleast to find a decent replacement in that time slot. I am lucky i am in india and we have STAR-ONE, I can stop following JJKN now (if not for updates, but then daisy is coming back soon Smile) as I have grown out of it. But most of the member's here are from USA or country's where there is no STARONE or we would have seen a sure drop in JJKN followers. Some people dont have any other choice.  Do you remmember 'Yashika'. She stopped following JJKN immediatly after purab's exit and we didnt hear from her. She is now hooked to STARONE. Same with Arti Jain she has also stopped watching JJKN, she watched that week because I was absent just for updates. So those who find a decent replacement they surely have stopped watching JJKN.

I hope I havent offended anyone but this is just my opinion.

Jammy.

Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 5:17am | IP Logged

Jammy u are right. i agree with u that all people will not be of same mindset. if we like some character others will not like it. i also agree with u that crticisms are also nessecary. but that should be healthy criticism like u often do. we actually enjoy ur criticisms.Clap ClapClapbecause they are always about the defects in the directions and i also agree with u that blf was far better than jjkn. there are several serious mistakes in this story that cannot be forgiven. but people should always follow some general rules while crticising. as he/she likes purab , when purab does something bad, like abandoning jassi before engagement, it becomes the directors' fault. but if armaan or jassi does something bad imediately it becomes their fault! this is really very funny!!!!!LOLLOLeither u criticise the characters or u criticise the directors. but if u use the middle way then we will always protest .criticisms are always welcome but they should be healthy and unbiased. WinkWinkWink

spike Senior Member
spike
spike

Posted: 08 January 2005 at 8:16am | IP Logged

Minnie,

Not everything positive is good. It never gives a real picture of events. When a show is on air, it's not only there because the directors or writers want it to be, it is also there because these people want to show what they've made to the world.

Suppose we all accept your opinion abt not following a show if we don't like it. Take JJKN for example. If say, a portion of people like the show, they can come up here and praise the show and raise it above the stars...fine...so when the writers, directors and producers of the show come to this site and to other sites, all they get is good opinions about the show. But then you shud also consider the portion of people who don't like the show.

Now, among these people, there are some who don't watch the show, some who do and don't like it, some who do and like it also but don't express it to this or any other site.  Even if the number of people belonging to the first two categories of this paragraph is less, that doesn't mean that the show is good on a general level. The quality of judgement does not depend upon the size of the population. Maybe (no offense to anybody) the population that does like the show is full of cracked-up people who love spicy stuff more than the content and intent of the show.

I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion, but when it comes to a show, the show is judged by the content and the characters. Running around attacking an actor for potraying his/her character is something that shud be avoided. So the character shud be the one to get critisized, and I have always followed this note.

If you are not given the freedom to express your opinions about the characters, you can never expect to get an unbiased view of how the show is to the people.

True, the characters are all fictional, it's the actors who are real, and the way a character is shaped up depends on the actor's ability to act. How stupid or good a character is depends on how the writers make the character. If you critisize a character or a story, you are in effect signalling the writers that something must be done cuz the current trend doesn't look too appealing. But then if you have only those people around who love the story no matter how it goes, telling you constantly that the show's great, where do you have the unbiasness?

Edited by spike - 08 January 2005 at 8:24am

Go to top