Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 17 September 2005 at 11:33am | IP Logged
This time when i went to India , i heard several schools had become centrally airconditioned . I am refering to New Delhi particularly . I was surprised , but not pleased . Aren't we pampering the youth of today too much ??????

And by upper middle class and the upper class who can afford such fancy schools not sending their kids more because such facilities provided by a school is more a status symbol than a neccesity . I grew up in India when schools concentrated primarily on academics and sports not on making schools hours physically comfortable for a kid . Once these kids grow up and many would be making a carrer of their own . There are hardly many collges or many goverment offices that are air conditioned .And they may not be necesarily be able to afford all those luxuries they got in their parents home - airconditioned house , a/c in the car !! So Does that prepare them for the harsh realities of life ????

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "a/c in Indian classrooms- why ????" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 17 September 2005 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
wat does AC have to do with the harsh realities of life? personally in india it is a neccessaty, yes it isnt fair that some can have it and some cant but there is nothing wrong with having something if you can afford it. They are not being pampered, i wouldnt want my child to only think about the heat and not concentrate on his/her studies. I think its a great thing to have air conditioning and i think that all schools should have them as well.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 17 September 2005 at 5:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by usachick821

wat does AC have to do with the harsh realities of life? personally in india it is a neccessaty, yes it isnt fair that some can have it and some cant but there is nothing wrong with having something if you can afford it. They are not being pampered, i wouldnt want my child to only think about the heat and not concentrate on his/her studies. I think its a great thing to have air conditioning and i think that all schools should have them as well.

I studied in one of the best school in Delhi , that didn't have a/c and doesn't yet have a/c .Not having pampered facilities toughens up kids , it makes them used to an enviorment that is mostly India for us . As i mentioned earlier whats going to happen once they leave school , how will they concentrate on studies when they go to college ( DU so far hasn't put a/c in classrooms yet , last i heard )......and the girls if they marry into a home where they can't afford an a/c or girls and guys both take up jobs later and their offices aren't airconditioned . Will it not bother them to suddenly grow and give up a/c enviorment and deal with 42 degree celsius heat .

When you are in school , maximum learning takes place that conditions you for the rest of your life . Therefore school plays a very important role even strengthening you for the possibilities of facing a tougher life as an adult .

Angelic_J

IF-Veteran Member

Angelic_J

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 17 September 2005 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
We have AC's in ALL canadian schoolsBig smile Doesn't matter which one so that's not exactly pampering kidsConfused and I really don't think that once u have A/C u can't ever live without itOuch

-misha

IF-Sizzlerz

-misha

Posted: 18 September 2005 at 8:28am | IP Logged
yeah, acs are wrong.
how can children to cope with difficulties if they are pampered so much?

deepey

IF-Dazzler

deepey

Posted: 18 September 2005 at 9:36am | IP Logged
i dont find anything wrong in it.. Confused like JK said in us/canada all the schools have them.. and i think its better if we r comfortable.. we can concentrate more on our studies rather than being worried about the heat

mikagurl23

IF-Dazzler

mikagurl23

Posted: 18 September 2005 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Well I guess, it should be like if a school can actually afford a/cs, then it wouldn't be a problem, but for a students comfortivity, they chose to put in A/cs that they can't afford, then it would bea different thing, I live in the USA and understand what life India, infact I want to go there and live it myself, but then the foreign stuff that I have been used to, might mess up my chain! So i gues affording it and not affording it are two different things.

PixieDust91

Goldie

PixieDust91

Posted: 18 September 2005 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
We have ACs here in every school. I dont see anything wrong with it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top