EVERY ONE SHOULD TRY THIS

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Precious

IF-Dazzler

-Precious

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Bang ur head on the wall if u dont know the answer.TongueTongueTongue

Recently a company had participated in IIM's Placement Sessions.

They asked some interesting questions to students during recruitment.

Here are some of them:-

1. There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?

2. A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it?

3. A boat has a ladder that has six rungs, each rung is one foot apart. The bottom rung is one foot from the water.

The tide rises at 12 inches every 15minutes. High tide peaks in one hour. When the tide is at it's highest, how many rungs are under water?

4. There is a house with four walls. Each wall faces south. There is a window in each wall. A bear walks by one of the windows. What color is the bear?

5. Is half of two plus two equal to two or three?

6. There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. Who is Sloppy? How did Sloppy die?

7. How much dirt would be in a hole 6 feet deep and 6 feet wide that has been dug with a square edged shovel?

8. If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water which is 45 degrees F, and dropped another ball of the same weight, mass, and  size in a bucket at 30 degrees F, both of them at the same time, which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket first?

Same question, but the location is in Canada ?

9. What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978, thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th.

10. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the center field?

11. What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move?

Scroll down for answers..... .......

1. The word "incorrectly. "

2. 1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.

3. None, the boat rises with the tide. Googly ;-)

4. White. If all the walls face south, the house is at the North pole, and the bear, therefore, is a polar bear.

5. Three. Well, it seems that it could almost be either, but if you follow the mathematical orders of operation, division is performed before addition.

So... half of two is one. Then add two, and the answer is three.

6. Sloppy is a (gold)fish. The wind blew the shutters in, which knocked his goldfish-bowl off the table, and it broke, killing him.

7. None. No matter how big a hole is, it's still a hole: the absence of dirt.

8. Both questions, same answer: the ball in the bucket of 45 degree F water hits the bottom of the bucket last. Did you think that the water in the 30 degree F bucket is frozen? Think again.

The question said nothing about that bucket having anything in it. Therefore, there is no water (or ice) to slow the ball down...

9. The time and month/date/year American style calendar are 12:34, 5/6/78.

10. One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack.

11. The temperature.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlitnightInspector Sahibfly2me

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "EVERY ONE SHOULD TRY THIS" in Miscellaneous forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Anji~

Goldie

~Anji~

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:57am | IP Logged
i could never get the answers on my own..lolz

-Precious

IF-Dazzler

-Precious

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~Anji~

i could never get the answers on my own..lolz

i my self could get very less when i read this the first time i got it in my mailTongueTongue

dan i saw it again and posted it hereLOLLOL

samz-14

samz-14

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
seen it b4 soo i kinda remeba sum of dem but still t4s

shruti_5

IF-Rockerz

shruti_5

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
wow! they were really hard! I couldn't get the answers!!

ummmmm

ummmmm

Posted: 14 April 2008 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
this was cool. i've never seen it before. too bad i was only able to get 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 11 right LOL

number 8 is stupid though. it says "If I were in Hawaii and dropped a bowling ball in a bucket of water..." and then in the answer it says, "The question said nothing about that bucket having anything in it." however, in english, typically when you say "a bucket of water" you're saying that there is a bucket filled with water. the answer doesn't make sense. another thing is that, according to physics, everything under the force of gravity falls at the same rate. due to air resistance, though, one object may fall just slightly before the other. so really, i think the more appropriate answer would be that the balls fall at approximately the same time.

moonlitnight

IF-Dazzler

moonlitnight

Posted: 17 April 2008 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
its so cool!!!
i got confused while trying on my own!!

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 20 April 2008 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
cool xP

Post Reply New Post