Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 11:06am | IP Logged

my fav has always been sada.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed she only has 'Leelai' releasing this year & for her sake, i hope the film does well. she's always been my top choice for kanvu kanni since 2003.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "poll: Kanavu kanni 2008 yaar?" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 11:15am | IP Logged

oh i knew that cinemalover. sada has always been an underdog in the rat race for the no.1 heroine position in kollywood. she'll definitely not make it into the top 5 or even the top 10 list this year.LOLLOL she only has one upcoming tamil film & i'm not that deluded to think she can be the numero uno heroine in kollywood with that one film.

anyways i don't care much about where she stands in the top heroines list. as long as she appears on the silverscreen & does a good job, i'm satisfied to be her fan.Smile

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 11:25am | IP Logged
I will go for Nayan and Trisha as both of them have some tamils movies with top actors Wink

Hmm..my fav actress..thats a big QLOL

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Cinemalover -
You have Sneha listed twice.. sorry about the nitpicking.

At the end of 2008, my guess is, it's either Nayantara or Trisha. Even if Dasavatharam is a hit for Asin, she is really not here in the South, to do other Tamil movies.

So, that leaves us with the top two - Nayan/Trish.
PriyaMani is still trying to get into that one role with a top hero, but ALAS she could only manage one or two with those in the 2nd tier. So, it's quite improbable for her to make it as a kanavu kanni, based on those parameters.

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Jenim- we have the same list..its either Nayan or Trisha Wink

Nayan has a movie with Superstar, Ajith, Vijay and I heard something about a Vikram movie..her recently released YNM had good opening...but we have to wait and see wherever its a hit, average or flop Smile

Trisha on the other hand has one with Vijay, Vishnu vardhan movie, one Gautham menon and prakash raj movie...

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
CL, wud love to poll too. But looks like my fav for 2008 actress name is not up there, so its k.. maybe next time....

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Sorry, wasn't able to come online yesterday.

Except for maybe Sada or Sneha, I have no interest in any of the other actresses. If any of them become a top actress or the best actress or a flop actress, I'm not bothered.We've been watching them do the same kind of roels again and again for years, haven't we?

Personally, I want to see Tamanna rise this year. Embarrassed She has 'Ayan ' with Surya, and a movie with Dhanush. If they both succeed, it will be good for whom I define as the 'Cleopatra of the South' Tongue

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Perosnal preferences or favourites cannot be tarred by box office records and I didn't say I want Tamanna to be on top, I just want to see a lift in her career.I know very well tht industry prefers the top ones , giving them roles where the heroines lingers in the shadow of the hero, and tht really performing actresses aren't in demand, with the exception of a few who performed as well as remained on top.Tamanna impressed me well with Happy days and Kalloori, and I care for actresses who imress or appeal to me with their performances. TongueIts easy to become the Kanavu Kanni , its tougher to have a name as a good actress

Post Reply New Post

Go to top