Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 08 April 2008 at 9:33pm | IP Logged

Heyy everyone,

Here's the quote of the week ..

"True friendship isn't about being inseperable, it's about being seperated & nothing changes"

1.)  Your thoughts on this quote?

2.)  Is it true or not?

3.)  Any real life experience, you want to share .. related to this?  Did you have to make a 'big move' .. and go through being distant from a bunch of your friends?

4.)  What do you do, to try and make distant frindship work?  (Because most people, have MORE friends at the SCHOOL/work place/etc that THEY go to .. than other places.)  So how would you make a old distant friendship work?

5.)  Ever been a little afraid .. of wondering if a certain friendship will go on or not .. as times change?

Regards,

ML Dev Team.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "QOTW - Times Change...does friendship?" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 08 April 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghavi

"True friendship isn't about being inseperable, it's about being seperated & nothing changes"

i think it's LOVELLYYY.  Big smileEmbarrassed

2.)  Is it true or not?

True friendship .. is a lot of things.. (does that make senseConfused) .. so i guess this .. just adds on to the list.. of wht .. a true friendship is. LOL . Embarrassed

3.)  Any real life experience, you want to share .. related to this?  Did you have to make a 'big move' .. and go through being distant from a bunch of your friends?

ohhh yahh. well .. when i moved.. i was leaving my friends that i knew since kindergarden .. the friend that i've known eversince i came to canada.. and i didn't think anything would come inbetween us .. but lately .. i've just found something out .. which .. basically.. has made me SOO SAD.. because ...i didn't expect that.  I didn't think i would have to TRYYY to keep the friendship going, because we've been friends for so long.. i thought we'd just stay connected.. but .. it didn't turn out as how i thought it would be.  I kind of don't want to do anything about it, because.. in my experience.. from the 2 of us .. im the more friendly one, and i've been the one .. always trying to keep in touch ..and after hearing .. about THIS thing.. imma just forget it. forget trying. Ouch

4.)  What do you do, to try and make distant frindship work?  (Because most people, have MORE friends at the SCHOOL/work place/etc that THEY go to .. than other places.)  So how would you make a old distant friendship work?

Well, i ALWAYSS try and remember most of my friends b-day, no matter where in da world they are Tongue.  It's always noted in my calender. Smile  I also randomly msg them on MSN, and if I ever go down to their area I would call them upp and we would hang out.  But sometimes, no matter how much you try.. nothing works out. Thumbs Down

5.)  Ever been a little afraid .. of wondering if a certain friendship will go on or not .. as times change?

Actually.. yes.  I just became really good friends with one of my friends' brother.. and next year he's going to a different college.. and since we JUST got to know each other THIS year.. im kinda wondering what will happen next year.. butt .. imma TRY and hopefully.. things will go finee. *crosses fingers* .. UHH mann .. I don't like it whn friendship changes! I don't caree whn people change.. cuz that's what you can't stop .. but your friendship is something .. you have control over..and i dun like it whn that changes! Ouch

I wrote wayy too much Embarrassed neeways.. i hope you guys will all be honest and open, too .. or .. it won't be interesting. Embarrassed

tangina r

IF-Rockerz

tangina r

Rock n Roll Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 8:09am | IP Logged

Heyy everyone,

its a beautiful quote true in some cases but not in others.

2.)  Is it true or not?

it depends.

i do have a experiance i was born in london and lived there till i was 12yrs old i had a friend called "X" she was my bestest friend in the world we used to love each other like sisters we used to visist each others houses go out together share cloths we used to do everything tht sisters do and then suddenly my parents decied tht they wanna move back to bangladesh so we did ofcourse, she was upset with the idea but by tht time we were in high school and didnt meet tht often but we used to tlk on the phone so i moved here i called her one day and took her email ID so tht i could chat with her and we did and meanwhile i made lovely friends over here at first they were not my friends we used to argue like hell but we became friends soon and now its like an unbreakable bond between them my friend "X" asked for my cell # so she could send me texts and i gave it but i decided to send it to her first i did but got no reply she said tht she will reply but didnt i know it seems like such a small issue but trust me its not i have known her since i was 4 yrs old im nearly 16 now and she cnt even be bothered to send a text to me??? i was really hurt but was still waiting for the text she was supposed to be my best friend i still think of her as my bf but i guess she doesnt and last week one of my friends from here called shati went to the states for vacation and she called me yesterday i talked to her for about an hour it left me thinking tht how come she is missing me within one week and my friend "X" with whom i havent meet for like 4 yrs isnt.

u should always keep contact its the best was to keep in touch.

well i have about the one i meantioned.

Regards,

ML Dev Team.

Tabi_tabbsum

Goldie

Tabi_tabbsum

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 1:12am | IP Logged
1.) Your thoughts on this quote?
          Embarrassedthis is awesomeEmbarrassed...

2.) Is it true or not?
        Smile like tangina r i also say that it dependsSmile ...

3.) Any real life experience, you want to share .. related to this? Did you have to make a 'big move' .. and go through being distant from a bunch of your friends?
        Big smile noBig smile ...

4.) What do you do, to try and make distant frindship work? (Because most people, have MORE friends at the SCHOOL/work place/etc that THEY go to .. than other places.) So how would you make a old distant friendship work?
       Tonguewe have to wish them in eid/holi/their birthdays means learn them in every happiness of life and to keep in contact with themTongue....

5.) Ever been a little afraid .. of wondering if a certain friendship will go on or not .. as times change?
                   Wink true friendship dont saw seasons or times it always goes on Wink    

MaaU

IF-Sizzlerz

MaaU

Posted: 20 April 2008 at 4:41am | IP Logged

Heyy everyone,

itz Beautifull Embarrassed

2.)  Is it true or not?

Depends on u'r friendship is how much strong n have how much of faithWink

ummm...yes actually one of my friend since my school times we used to hang out together every day after school than all other friends of mine We used to share each n every thing personal,proffesional with each other BUT wat she done with me after tht i just dn't feel like to keep in touch with her n i was Terriblely Heart Broken after i came to knw she just "Used" me to make friendship with my friend since kindergarten i was Shocked n she also broke up mine n mine kindergaten friends Friendship of since 18 yrsOuchShocked...i just through her out of my life n neva looked back againConfused
Well u see sometimes we experiance An Unexpected Things in life which make us too think was tht our mistake tht we made friendship with tht Xyz personOuch

well i alwayz remember mine all friends B'dayz n wish them every year then tht person can be anywer in this world i alwayz used to call/sms tht person This keeps u'r Friendship strongerBig smile

It really depends on u'r nature of friendship with u'r friend Sometimes it changes with time But remains as Gr8 Friendship n sometimes It changes n does not remains to call it as friendshipOuch

Lastly Cool TopicClapEmbarrassed
I$hu Embarrassed

Regards,

ML Dev Team.

.Rummi.

IF-Dazzler

.Rummi.

Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:47am | IP Logged

I agree with this quote since I've experienced this when I changed schools this year. My best friend and I lost touch because she made new friends and etc. So, in my point of view, we were seperated and everything changed.

2.)  Is it true or not?

I think it is true but while you're seperated from your friend and things do change it doesn't mean you're not friends anymore.

I've experienced this when I changed schools this year. My best friend and I lost touch because she made new friends and etc. So, in my point of view, we were seperated and everything changed.

I wouldn't really want to make an old distant friendship work because it's already over... what's the point of starting it again? But, you know if I did want to make it work, I'd talk to the person and get to know them.. again.

Yes, of course. I actually experienced the sadness of losing a friend this year. I learned that when you lose a friend, as time goes by.. it does heal you but then again, it's so bloody depressing thinking of the good ol' times and wonder if life is going to be like that ever again.

Little Foot

IF-Rockerz

Little Foot

Posted: 02 May 2008 at 5:57am | IP Logged

For me it actually always was 'being inseparable' till now. But you can also see that from another point of view.

2.)  Is it true or not?

I had the experience with both. And had two great friendships.

I've got two. Five years ago my best friend had to move to another city. We tried to keep in touch. It was of course hard. But two years later she again moved back and we even got together in the same class. So we were together again and inseparable. But when I went to India in the summer vacation and came back, everything has changed and we both we going different ways though we were still in the same class.

That's why I became friends with another girl in my class. She then became my best friend though we didn't meet often in our freetime. But we saw each other everyday in school and we did everything together. But last year our school ended. She goes to another school than I do now. Of course we still chat together....but we don't meet often...and to keep in touch is getting very hard now.

When my friend moved to another city we kept in touch with letters. Sometimes I visited her and stayed there for one or two nights. Because of that we were still awesome friends.

And now....with my other friend. We try to meet....on bdays...or sometimes just for fun. We keep in touch through chatting.

I think I wouldn't want to make an ery old friendship work again. It feels strange. But sometimes it can work....but I honestly don't know how to begin the thing.

Yes...just last year when I changed the school. I hope that I don't lose the contact completely. If so, I'm really left from everyone. Of course I do have other friends too. But she's my best friend and we really did so many great things together.Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top