Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 April 2008 at 11:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Olympic Dilemma (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Originally posted by nandinidev

well put...i think the best idea would be to try and find some kind of a middle path, so that the political solidarity and the spirit of the olympics, neither is sacrificed at the cost of the other...whatsay?Smile

Great idea.. !!! now lets hear the details.Wink most times middle is not in the middle,  its way over on the either side. Smile

Simple, Abraham Lincoln once said "If half the people think you have done too much and half the people think you have done too little, then you have done just about right."

If the middle path is not visible choose the option that irks both sides.

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I would love to see Sachin/Baichung etc running with the torch alongwith Tibbetan Flag. Smile And I would also love to see our govt act boldly and with more courage when dealing with Chinese, bheegi billi ban jaate hain hum.

That is an excellent suggestion. Wishful thinking, but it would be a courageous thing to do. I would really love to see more nations taking a stand like this. Carry the torch with the Tibetan flag. In the opening ceremony hoist the Tibetan colors along with national colors. Let your athletes wear an armband with Tibetan flag to make a point.

Majora Carter one of the torchbears in San Francisco decided to pull out a Tibet Flag when the torch was passed to her for her leg of the relay. Chinese officials and SF police wasted no time to releive her of the torchbearing duties. So much for freedom of expression and right to peaceful protest in USA.

The whole incident always reminds me of this famous image.

If one student could dare, what prevents a nation from taking  a stand?

Deepak and RTH, I looved both your POVsClap...

There is no point boycotting the games...Instead we should be using this as a stage to show off of our support to Tibet..Every participant should flaunt a Tibetan flag...Every means literally each and every participant from all over the world...They can't possibly stop all of them from doing it, can they??Then we will see how they will react and where they will hide..

Though I am not sure if that kind of Unity exists amongst the nations today, to come up with a single policy like this and act up on it...Ouch

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:58pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by raksha.l

Deepak and RTH, I looved both your POVsClap...

There is no point boycotting the games...Instead we should be using this as a stage to show off of our support to Tibet..Every participant should flaunt a Tibetan flag...Every means literally each and every participant from all over the world...They can't possibly stop all of them from doing it, can they??Then we will see how they will react and where they will hide..

Though I am not sure if that kind of Unity exists amongst the nations today, to come up with a single policy like this and act up on it...Ouch

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article37243 08.ece

Athletes who take Tibet stand 'face Olympic cut'

Athletes who display Tibetan flags at Olympic venues including in their own rooms could be expelled from this summer's Games in Beijing under anti-propaganda rules.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 1:26pm | IP Logged

Athletes who display Tibetan flags at Olympic venues including in their own rooms could be expelled from this summer's Games in Beijing under anti-propaganda rules.

So ridiculously extreme. If this is so then athletes have a right to boycott.

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So ridiculously extreme. If this is so then athletes have a right to boycott.

Dead Yuck, are these fellows modern day's Barbarians or Hitlers???Where are all those self righteous people who jump on India even when we so much as try to support our own internal matters like Kashmir???

This is just not ridiculous, this is completely outrageous...So how many are they going to expel???What if 'all' the athletes set out with a Tibetan flag??Are they prepared to play the games within themselves and give the medals to themselves and fly high shamelessly on the top of the medal list or may be as the only country in the medal list??Just what is their non-sense all about???Dead

Is there no country which can stand against this barbarism???We are talking about fighting against America, how about first handling China???If this is the state of affairs, I am sure very soon China will spread its poison all through and we would still be left wondering as to how to react and what to do...
Confused

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
More they use brute force and supress voices more it is gaining international support. By not talking to Dalai Lama they are (kulhadi par per maar rahe hain). Dalai Lama is atleast not asking for independance but young Tibetans are pro-independance and any leadership after Dalai Lama 'll surely be pro-independance.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 13 April 2008 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Ayyo da! in India reservation system is adopted in this torch matter also...SC ST OBC GENERAL Category of players....added to this Women reservation also.....so poor goverment ..why should we bother them other essential issues like tibet ........

Post Reply New Post

Go to top