Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 19 years ago
Hi Friends,

Recently the Development-Group has noticed that after my article Posting Pictures on India-Forums. , everyone has started putting huge pics at signatures.

There are some rules for posting pics at sig. Although sig is not the place to post pics.

Limitations:
  • Avtaar: Maximum 96*96 only.

• Sig Pics: Maximum Width 500px & Maximum Height 100px only.

Here is a small tutorial where you learn how to resize ur pics.

Thanks to http://www.somewhere-in-time.net/tutorial/irfanview/ for the article.

RESIZING LARGE IMAGES USING IRFANVIEW

If you do not have Irfranview, please download from the link below and install on your PC.
iview395.exe

857 k

...one of the most popular viewers worldwide!

I would like to sincerely thank all you faithful IrfanView
  users who send me messages of good wishes,
  congratulations and appreciation. THANKS !

herehere

Hosted by

Current version: 3.95

For the sake of this tutorial, please make a folder on your DESKTOP
Name it: pictures

Put the photo you want to resize into the "pictures" folder on your desktop.  I am using an image called SceneWater.jpg.  You may download it from here if you'd like to use the same photo while practicing this resizing exercise.

Double click the Irfanview icon on your desktop to open the photo program.  The icon looks like this:

STEP ONE

With your mouse, left click on FILE on the menu bar, continue holding your left button down and drag your cursor down to OPEN

STEP TWO

A window (as above) will open.  Go to your "pictures" folder on your desktop and you should see the image you're going to resize .. in the example above is the SceneWater.jpg.  Left click on it once to select it, then click the OPEN button.

STEP THREE

To determine the size of your image, left click on IMAGE on the menu bar and drag your mouse down to RESIZE/RESAMPLE

STEP FOUR

If using the image SceneWater.jpg, you will see the width is 720 pixels, the height is 577 pixels and the DPI (dots per inch) is 72.  Too big!! That translates into 10 x 8 inches (there are 72 pixels per inch).  We need to reduce the physical size of the image.  The 72 dpi is fine.  Make sure the PRESERVE ASPECT RATIO box has a check mark in it.

STEP FIVE

Erase (select and delete) the 720 in the WIDTH box and type 432.  432 translates to 6 inches. (remember -- 72 pixels = 1 inch).   Because you have the PRESERVE ASPECT RATIO checked, the width will automatically change to 346 (4.8 inches).  If you have any number other than 72 in the DPI window, (e.g. 300, 150) change it now by erasing your number and typing 72.  Click OK.

STEP SIX

Now you need to 'save' your image with its new size.  On the menu bar, left click on FILE, drag your mouse down to SAVE AS.  (If you simply click SAVE, you will override your original image, which you might not want to do.  I always keep my original images.)

A window will open.  Make sure you're saving your new image in your 'pictures' folder on your desktop so you don't lose it.  Browse to your desktop/pictures if it doesn't automatically come up in the LOOK IN: location bar at the top of this window.  Give your new image a new name -- I have called it Mountains.  Type this new name in the FILE NAME: window.  SAVE AS TYPE: drop menu down and drag your mouse down to JPG - JPEG Files to select the .jpg option.  Click the SAVE button.

You now have a new image, called Mountains.jpg, 432 x 346 pixels (6" x 4.8") at 72 dpi.  A much more manageable image size to send your friends via email.

If you'd like to take this one step further, here are instructions for CROPPING your image.

With your newly resized image open, LEFT click on the image to determine the top left corner of where you'd like to begin your cropping and holding your left mouse button down, drag over your image to the right and in a downward motion till you 'select' the area you'd like to KEEP.  If it doesn't work right the first time, left click on it again, and drag again until you're happy with the area you'd like to save.  I've selected the 'main' part of the photo above and am eliminating some of the sky and some of the black section at the bottom of the image.

Now go to EDIT, drag your mouse down to Crop selection and let go of your mouse button.

Our newly cropped and resized photo. 
You need to save it again because you have made changes to the image since your last save.  So click on FILE then drag your mouse down to SAVE (name will remain as Mountains.jpg), click SAVE.

mahn786ch thumbnail

I have a question…. When we send anyone a PM and by mistake one or two letters get wrong in their id does the msg bounce back to us or it just gets lost in the way????

I was just wondering about that….
mahn786ch thumbnail

Originally posted by: anon

Hi i've beem gone about a month, so what is the new balloon thing under our names?

Hey Anon actually this was a holi game and since I was gone for a long time too I didn't get to play it a lot but It was a holi game and Sree_20 won but now they were only playing it for fun. I am not sure if it is still on or not..

meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: mahn786ch

I have a question…. When we send anyone a PM and by mistake one or two letters get wrong in their id does the msg bounce back to us or it just gets lost in the way????

I was just wondering about that….

Hi,

Well I think the message comes back to you(guys, correct me if im wrong)...it would show...

Your Private Message "__", has not been sent!

The Username you have entered can not be found.

So therefore, you would have to retype the message again with the correct ID.  Hope this helps!!

mahn786ch thumbnail

Thanks a tons Meghavi!!!!!!!

Highly appreciate that!

ides thumbnail

****************Courtesy of Humm****************
Hello Friends,

I know currently many members are facing a problem in uploading pics in the forum.
The forums feature of photo uploading was disabled due to some problems.
Currently we are working on the issue and this facility shall soon be again started for our members where they can upload pics from their pc to the forum.

Till then here is the procedure how to upload pic on the forum indirectly, i.e., from a photo hosting site to India-Forums.

1. Create a photo hosting account at a free photo hosting site like http://photobucket.com/ http://photobucket.com/

2. Login to the site using ur password and username.

3. Now upload pics from ur PC to the photo hosting site.

For eg:

4. Click on Browse,then find out where ur file is and click Submit as shown above.

5. Ok now after the photo upload you can find a column down where the details of photo are mentioned.

For eg:

6. Ok now to paste that photo onto the forum click on the img column of that box and copy the img link given.

7. Then Paste the Link while Post/Replying a Topic.

8. Only paste the Img Link of the photo you want to upload.

For eg:

Suppose I want to paste my Indian-Idol Banner, I will paste the link and  my Banner will appear as:

I hope the above article was Informative and Helps you all.

Regards,
Sunny.

Miss_QueTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Why is the upload pic button there only sometimes?

I mean, I was putting pics on one of my topics from photobucket.com and then I saw the upload pic button so I used the upload pic button 2 upload the last pic, and when I went onto another forum topic, the upload pic button wasn't there, it happened once before as well: I was on a forum and then when I went onto another forum topic, the upload button wasn't there. I haven't seen it today either.😕Why does it do that?😕

Miss_QueTee thumbnail
Why doesn't my sig show in any posts? I do have a sig but it doesn't show in any of my posts, and there is a tick in the box next to 'show signature'
meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Miss_QueTee

Why doesn't my sig show in any posts? I do have a sig but it doesn't show in any of my posts, and there is a tick in the box next to 'show signature'

If your sig is a pic, then it wont show as the feature, which allowed members to put pics as sig, is currently taken out.   

Miss_QueTee thumbnail

Originally posted by: meghavi

If your sig is a pic, then it wont show as the feature, which allowed members to put pics as sig, is currently taken out.   

Oh, now my sig shows, now that I've taken the heart off.