Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 04 April 2008 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

Hi ,

This is one topic which, i think, is very important nowadays in context of the school going kids. 'Marks', for which students end up exceeding all limits of what is called being "sane". They get all night, skip meals, take pills and after all this, if they do not get good marks, they can even commit suicide! But one question keeps cropping up in my head that do these tests really measure a person's intelligece?

Do post your views.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can marks measure the intellect?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zoe28

Goldie

Zoe28

Posted: 04 April 2008 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
well i always wnt to do well n i wrk hrd n i gt gd mrks because i wnt to be a Barrister bt i thnk mrks r nt the measure of how intelligent u r rather thy r tests on hw well u know paticular topics , iq tests to some extent r a good indicator bt i feel ur writing n reading is the real test of hw intelligent u r . overall i thnk if u like smethng u do well in it bt subjects u fnd boring u do bd in so we all hve our capabilities Smile

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 04 April 2008 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
depends what exam you are giving.. If its an IIT/CDAC... entrance surely it will measure intellect.. but if its like college final for 10th, 12th, Bcom, Bsc...BA...LLB....etc no intellect there a lot of sweating though...so you can measure intellect as balti's of sweating ..LOL..some of the others like entrance for mba can be handled through learning... so not really too big a deal..from intellect standpoint...

Edited by qwertyesque - 04 April 2008 at 10:33pm

sweetgirl13

Goldie

sweetgirl13

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 4:02am | IP Logged
marks can never measure intellect of a person. sometimes when we revise too much for our exams we somehow forget things while doing tests. not all people are smart in study but they are intellect in other things. a intellect person is not always the person who gets good marks. even some parents forget to encourage their children when the children get less marks. i agree that tests has always been there to test a child's intellect but sometimes the pressure of test is too much and even intellect people who get high marks get low marks.

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 10:38am | IP Logged

i think there are two possibilities here. either she cant be bothered about studies and gets low marks, or she studies hard and still gets low marks. if it's the latter, then she must be some kind of duffer. i mean, cant you get good grades even by shooting pool all nite? Wink if she doesn't study much, then again it could mean one of two things. either she is drop-dead gorgeous and knows she can marry a great guy or she is flat-out ugly. if it's the latter, then again she's stupid. not very intelligent to be not studying when u're ugly, is it? if it's the former, then she's a very evolved person. she knows what makes the world go round and has her priorities set right. guy cant help but respect such a gal's mind, in fact be in love with a mind like hers. Wink hope this helps. Tongue LOL

Edited by chatbuster - 05 April 2008 at 10:39am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 11:06am | IP Logged
First doubt..this question is generally asked when we get less marks...... LOL
when we get more marks we don't bother about this issue...
however..I asked this question several hundred times from KG to PG LOL
one more thing..when we get less marks...the possible reason we cite to our parents...."the question paper is tough"...when we get high marks..the possible answer to the parents is ."I really worked hard"..
However..marks matter..but marks alone don't matter...

Aanandaa

IF-Sizzlerz

Aanandaa

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

i think there are two possibilities here. either she cant be bothered about studies and gets low marks, or she studies hard and still gets low marks. if it's the latter, then she must be some kind of duffer. i mean, cant you get good grades even by shooting pool all nite? Wink if she doesn't study much, then again it could mean one of two things. either she is drop-dead gorgeous and knows she can marry a great guy or she is flat-out ugly. if it's the latter, then again she's stupid. not very intelligent to be not studying when u're ugly, is it? if it's the former, then she's a very evolved person. she knows what makes the world go round and has her priorities set right. guy cant help but respect such a gal's mind, in fact be in love with a mind like hers. Wink hope this helps. Tongue LOL

My God what was that..WackoLOL...Poor thing, she was just asking about marks and its correlation with  intellect....LOL, not girls-intellect-marks...

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 4:24pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by chatbuster

huh????????????ConfusedConfusedConfusedwat r u trying to say??? and who is "she"???

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.