Debate Mansion

Stand by your principles and thoughts?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

raj5000

raj5000

Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
In today's world is it feasible to stand for things that you believe in? or should one have a more flexible cum practical approach towards life?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stand by your principles and thoughts?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

* A P P L E *

* A P P L E *

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:03am | IP Logged
stand for what you belive is not done. [eople think they are going in rite way but sometimes actually they are not we get it when its finished

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Both!

Will elaborate later!! Big smile

Angry M Angry

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 5:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raj5000

In today's world is it feasible to stand for things that you believe in?

Absolutely it is, I hope I still continue to do so, just not so physically or fervently like go on demonstrations like I did as a student coz now I have to think about who'll be there to give the kids breakfast or collect them from school......LOL

or should one have a more flexible cum practical approach towards life?

You can feel strongly about something but have to pitch it just right depending on your audience. If you want to be persuasive, you cant ram it down people's throats - have to be diplomatic and understanding whilst all the time trying to drive it home or make your point.

Also, it is accepted that often in youth we feel very strongly about things which when were older we may be more relaxed about. Good example is parenting - as new parents we are definitely more up tight/balck and white about parenting issues than we are for our second or third..etc by which time we may have relaxed a little

AngryMAngry

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Originally posted by raj5000

In today's world is it feasible to stand for things that you believe in?

Absolutely it is, I hope I still continue to do so, just not so physically or fervently like go on demonstrations like I did as a student coz now I have to think about who'll be there to give the kids breakfast or collect them from school......LOL

or should one have a more flexible cum practical approach towards life?

You can feel strongly about something but have to pitch it just right depending on your audience. If you want to be persuasive, you cant ram it down people's throats - have to be diplomatic and understanding whilst all the time trying to drive it home or make your point.

Also, it is accepted that often in youth we feel very strongly about things which when were older we may be more relaxed about. Good example is parenting - as new parents we are definitely more up tight/balck and white about parenting issues than we are for our second or third..etc by which time we may have relaxed a little

AngryMAngry

You said it! Tongue 

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

yes it's absolutely feasible. just make sure u dont have too many that keep getting in the darned way Tongue Wink

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

dup...Smile

Edited by chatbuster - 03 April 2008 at 2:12pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 03 April 2008 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
I believe in Utilitarian Relativism and it has been a good principle to follow allowing for practical flexibility as well as structured personal belief.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top