Surrogate Mother's!!!

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi

Whats your opinion about Surrogate mothers!!

Surrogate mother=Woman, who lends (for money or whatever relation, that is secondary) her womb through artificial insemination to bring someone else's child for 9 months of pregnancy.😊

These kind of Genitic Mothers have any rights to ask their child back!?😳

After delievery how they feel!!?They doing crual thing or social service!?😳

😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It is the ultimate selfless act - no matter how much money she is paid - that which a surrogate mother is giving is priceless.

As to her rights etc., it's a contractual affair - so she cant have any rights ultimately.

Maybe there should be a cooling off period though.....to allow her to change her mind, or certain criteria/rigourous screening to only allow certain women to be surrogat mothers, ie not first time mums perhaps.

😑 M 😑

Originally posted by: Madmadgirl

It is the ultimate selfless act - no matter how much money she is paid - that which a surrogate mother is giving is priceless.

sorry, it's not like she is doing it for free.  she is charging for all the trouble she will go thru the conception, pregnancy, and delivery period.  don't really see it as a selfless act when money is involved but agree on the red hi-lited part😊

As to her rights etc., it's a contractual affair - so she cant have any rights ultimately.

totally with u here.

Maybe there should be a cooling off period though.....to allow her to change her mind,

don't agree here.  it won't be fair to the couple who hired her and paid her to get a baby outa her.  once a contract is in place, there shd not be any going back on it w/o any penalties and repercussions.  now, if she had some clause regarding going back on her decision in that contract to begin with and the couple gladly signed it....then it's a diff matter.  but why would someone sign up on such terms if they really want a baby?

or certain criteria/rigourous screening to only allow certain women to be surrogat mothers, ie not first time mums perhaps.

this is subjective.  u can't give the right to make money by rentig her womb to one woman and take it away from other just because she is not a mom yet.  that wouldn't be equal opportunityπŸ˜† can't be discriminating now unless some serious genetic or health problems persist.  even then, it shd be the couple's (who r going for a baby)  responsibility to make up that judgment call.  can't have laws in place that prevent some women from renting their wombs out if they want to.

😑 M 😑

whether it's okay or not....well, i feel it's perfectly okay if both the potential surrogate mother and would be parents r entering into this contract willingly.  i do not see any morality or legal issues there.  if this is how some women want to make money then so be it.

nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

Hi

Surrogate mother=Woman, who lends (for money or whatever relation, that is secondary) her womb through artificial insemination to bring someone else's child for 9 months of pregnancy.😊

No rights, if she has agreed in advance and well paid.

After delievery how they feel!!? Actually I don't know,  but, if she feel worse  then why did she done it?

They doing crual thing or social service!?😳

If the child is looked after by the other couple properly, then there is no problem, there is no cruelty as in the case of nomads, who are ill treating their children and forced to beg.

In some cases it is a social service, not always.

corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

whether it's okay or not....well, i feel it's perfectly okay if both the potential surrogate mother and would be parents r entering into this contract willingly.  i do not see any morality or legal issues there.  if this is how some women want to make money then so be it.

Somehow to me it seems that you are not entirley comfortable with the idea of surrogacy and less so if the surrogate is paid. Am happy to be informed otherwise by you G!!πŸ˜›

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I would not say surrogate mother's are the ultimate selfless act at all. True there are some who step up for the difficult job out of complete sympathy for a friend, relative or acquaintance who cannot conceive.

However, a lot of them do it purely for money. Surrogate's charge outrageous amounts of money. Many do not really care for the child's welfare and well being, but are in it for the money.

If a woman is unable to conceive, personally I think adoption is the better way. I understand the emotions of having ones own child, but there are so many orphans out there. It would be better to give an orphan a shot at life than pay big bucks for surrogation, its like buying ones child to me.

As for rights. Surrogate mothers are given legal and social counsel to make sure they know what they are doing. Some parents choose to keep the surrogate mom involved in the child's growth. Others request total anonymity.

If the legally binding contract prohibits the surrogate from visitation or involvement or even letting the child know who the real mother is then thats that. She has no other rights. Sperm and egg donors are also bound by such contracts.

How do they feel after that? How the heck do I know!

On a lighter note on surrogation - Enjoy the following!

Baby Mama Tina Fey Rocks!

Juno  Ellen Page Rocks Too!

Edited by return_to_hades - 16 years ago
mizz_1818 thumbnail

Hi

well surrogate mothers have to sign pre-pregnency agreements with the couple/person before the child is born; to make sure the surrogate mother does not feel too much emotion for the child and doesn't take it away. So it's strictly buisness but with an ounce of love.

surrogte mothers usually feel proud for delivering a child for a couple that couldn't concieve any on their own; so its just helping make someone else's wishes come true; which is always nice.

cool_pooja thumbnail

First of all i feel doing dis kind of thing giving ur own child due to ur nessceities is wrong.. I mean if the people want thier child and cant have id dey shud go to an orpahage and adopt a child.. Instead of making sum1 else give her child..

No dey dont. They had given thier child wid thier choice and once given should not be taken back. They have no ryt whatever so.

I feel for dem it not as an easy decision giving ur child away however they have choosen 2 take this decision themselves.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I learned something new last night. Surrogacy is merely outsourced childbirth.