Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lighthouse thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Tarana

IS ARRANGED MARRIAGE ENSURE HAPPY, PRODUCTIVE FAMILIES?

Yes.. especially when money and beauty IS (are) arranged in a marriage to produce happy union. πŸ˜›  never seen a rich guy who isn't happy as can be with a beauty..πŸ˜‰ 

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Yes.. especially when money and beauty IS (are) arranged in a marriage to produce happy union. πŸ˜›  never seen a rich guy who isn't happy as can be with a beauty..πŸ˜‰ 

never say never, lightyπŸ˜†  for some, the hapiness is just short term.  otherwise, why would we see so many rich guys getting divorced from their picture perfect wives or vice versa!!!

the fact remains that if one is going for an arranged marriage, then why not get the best out there out of all the options one had.  ab aagey kya hoga kis ney dekha per yeh risk toh love marriages mein bhi rehta hai na.

...and i really do not subscribe to the theory that girl shd be average and guy handsome.  aisa hota toh meri shadi toh kabhi hoti hee naheenπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  actually suspicion or cheating r equal opportunity vices.  all r prone to them.  can't be pinning it on just the good looking ones or butt ugly ones. 

as far as arranged marriages r concerned, well, success is not guaranteed but u do venture in to it with most of ur bases covered and a punching bag out there who can be blamed if things go wrongπŸ˜† but keep in mind that at the end of the day, it will be ur life that'll get screwed up if things did not work out.  only comfort u get is that u can cuss to ur heart's content and blame those who arranged it...if it helps in any wayπŸ˜†

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago
lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

never say never, lightyπŸ˜†  for some, the hapiness is just short term.  otherwise, why would we see so many rich guys getting divorced from their picture perfect wives or vice versa!!!  because they move on to another beauty.. πŸ˜› as you said happiness is short term..πŸ˜† .. see a rich guy can afford to do that..

the fact remains that if one is going for an arrang ed marriage, then why not get the best out there out of all the options one had.  ab aagey kya hoga kis ney dekha per yeh risk toh love marriages mein bhi rehta hai na.

...and i really do not subscribe to the theory that girl shd be average and guy handsome.  aisa hota toh meri shadi toh kabhi hoti hee naheenπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   🀣 πŸ€£  G. didn't know you both are average looking... πŸ˜† j/k yaar no offence pls...

actually suspicion or cheating r equal opportunity vices.  all r prone to them.  can't be pinning it on just the good looking ones or butt ugly ones. 

as far as arranged marriages r concerned, well, success is not guaranteed but u do venture in to it with most of ur bases covered and a punching bag out there who can be blamed if things go wrongπŸ˜† but keep in mind that at the end of the day, it will be ur life that'll get screwed up if things did not work out.  only comfort u get is that u can cuss to ur heart's content and blame those who arranged it...if it helps in any wayπŸ˜†

With you on arranged marriages.. thank god , no thank my parents and his parents ..πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰  I was miserable when I found out meri sagaai ho gayi and I didn't even have a say in it...πŸ˜•... in hind sight could say compared to my choice (typical teenager choice), theirs was better for me. πŸ˜›

Edited by lighthouse - 16 years ago
nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madmadgirl

I am not particularly against or supporting arranged marriage, as I earlier said in my first post, there is  no guarentee for both, other than the partners hard work to understand and love for each other.

Edited by nitasuni - 16 years ago

nitasuni thumbnail

never say never, lightyπŸ˜†  for some, the hapiness is just short term.  otherwise, why would we see so many rich guys getting divorced from their picture perfect wives or vice versa!!!

the fact remains that if one is going for an arranged marriage, then why not get the best out there out of all the options one had.  ab aagey kya hoga kis ney dekha per yeh risk toh love marriages mein bhi rehta hai na.

...and i really do not subscribe to the theory that girl shd be average and guy handsome.(my intention was that  Moderately gorgeous girl and moderately handsome boy, that one word less made the problem)Anyway anything in moderate is good , evenif it is Amrit, too much is poision ( aisa hota toh meri shadi toh kabhi hoti hee naheenπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  actually suspicion or cheating r equal opportunity vices.  all r prone to them.  can't be pinning it on just the good looking ones or butt ugly ones. 

No objection from my part.

@nita: i understand ur views about real goodlooking people r based on the surveys u read. i just wanted to ask u what will they do then if no one wants to marry them just because they r too goodlooking?

personally, i take the surveys with a pinch of salt. look at the matrimonial ads. they r full of how beautiful and gorgeous and gori the gal shd be and how tall and handsome the guy shd be along with all the sidey stuff like well established career, gharelu, traditional yet modern( πŸ˜† ) etc. now, who do u believe...the surveys or the matrimonial ads? which shows the true trend as far as arranged marriages r concerned?

btw, i'm all for arranged marriages. mine was arranged too 😊

...and i really do not subscribe to the theory that girl shd be average and guy handsome.  aisa hota toh meri shadi toh kabhi hoti hee naheenπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   🀣 πŸ€£  G. didn't know you both are average looking... πŸ˜† j/k yaar no offence pls...

πŸ˜† none taken....but.....don't be so sure lightyπŸ˜† u still don't knowπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

nitasuni thumbnail

@nita: i understand ur views about real goodlooking people r based on the surveys u read. i just wanted to ask u what will they do then if no one wants to marry them just because they r too goodlooking?

personally, i take the surveys with a pinch of salt. look at the matrimonial ads. they r full of how beautiful and gorgeous and gori the gal shd be and how tall and handsome the guy shd be along with all the sidey stuff like well established career, gharelu, traditional yet modern( πŸ˜† ) etc. now, who do u believe...the surveys or the matrimonial ads? which shows the true trend as far as arranged marriages r concerned?

btw, i'm all for arranged marriages. mine was arranged too 😊

Mine is also an arranged marriage and so far good.

my question is that ever  you met a not so good looking girl or boy in marriage market, it is all part of it.

And about too beautiful person whom I know,evenif there is not so much  major problems like divorce etc., there are problems, the partners of too gorgeous and handsome are  too possessive and too much of anything is a problem.

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

happy yes, productive? hmm... now with horroscope matching they have to do fertility tests too?πŸ˜†

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

I agree with you nits....i have seen those kinda things as well which u have seen.. sjb is just talking about some exception i think...

Qwerty, I could say the same about yours and Nita's experience. Among my family (we are 4 siblings, all love marriages - of which two are inter-religious, one inter-cultural!!), friends, acquaintances and neighbours, the majority of marriages are love marriages and in that, the majority are mixed marriages. The latter are the ones that caused the most havoc. However, like I said, after a while things cooled down. My point was - your family will support you, if it cares for you. And if they cut you off because you went against their wishes, then I wouldn't call that a caring family. The debate was whether arranged marriages guarantee happiness, and I think pretty much the consensus is that they don't. Happiness in a marriage comes from what the couples put in. Some people might say that if the in-laws are not happy, they will try to break it up. True, but as I keep reiterating, they do not care for their child's happiness. The only plus point is that you can blame it on someone else when it goes wrong πŸ˜Š 

Edited by SholaJoBhadkey - 16 years ago