Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

In both cases the family doesn't care, period. That was my point. You are guaranteed your family's support only when you have a caring family. The kind of marriage you have is a small factor!

It is true, that is why in my  first post I stated that most cases.    You know, however they love their daughters, some parents are adamant if they  disobayed them.

Edited by nitasuni - 16 years ago
Originally posted by: nitasuni

@ bold,   I can not agree with you. I peresonally know somany cases where parants are not accepting the marriage or the son-in-law even after years, one of them is my elder relative.  Even at death bed the father didn't  speak to the daughter.

If the girl is married and go to another house, there are some parents who do not care about her, even after arranged marriage.  That is  one of the reason, that no body to care the girl, for  increasing dowery death and suicides.

agreed.  in some cases parents don't stand by their kids but generally speaking, most do accept the marriage at some point in time.  but some parents may refuse to interfere if things are not working out between the couple.  non-interference can be good most of the time but can be bad too in case both r immature....... 

πŸ˜† i shd draw a flow-chart here...if this then that.  if that then either this or some other thatπŸ˜†  yaar, why does life has to be so complex...especially married lifeπŸ˜•

In both cases the family doesn't care, period. That was my point. You are guaranteed your family's support only when you have a caring family. The kind of marriage you have is a small factor!

true.  agree with u here.πŸ˜ƒ

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

@ bold,   I can not agree with you. I peresonally know somany cases where parants are not accepting the marriage or the son-in-law even after years, one of them is my elder relative.  Even at death bed the father didn't  speak to the daughter.

If the girl is married and go to another house, there are some parents who do not care about her, even after arranged marriage.  That is  one of the reason, that no body to care the girl, for  increasing dowery death and suicides.

I agree with you nits....i have seen those kinda things as well which u have seen.. sjb is just talking about some exception i think...

qwertyesque thumbnail

In both cases the family doesn't care, period. That was my point. You are guaranteed your family's support only when you have a caring family. no arranged marriage has a btter chance cos the family still thinks you are one of them.. in other kinds of marriages it more of civility that they dont demonstrate their disapproval.... The kind of marriage you have is a small factor!

qwertyesque thumbnail

It is true, that is why in my  first post I stated that most cases.    You know, however they love their daughters, some parents are adamant if they  disobayed them.

now do i know you.. how come i agree with every post you are making here!!😊

chatbuster thumbnail

i think arranged marriages are better. u get to see the entire menu first and can order to your heart's content. fine, the stuff might not taste as good later as advertised but there's something to be said for wider menu options, no? πŸ˜›

on the other hand, trying to get into love relationships on the wild hope they lead to marriage is like sampling. after a few nibbles, one's already filled up, wasted a lot of time and ready to puke the last morsel. all of it without having seen what might have been on the menu πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

btw, i am all for forced marriages too. i mean one could be forced into marrying someone if she's breathtakingly gorgeous and all. and ready to do all it takes to make her guy happy. also, at least one could get the folks to pony up all the maintenance money because it was their idea. now how bad can that be? πŸ˜†
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Moderator's Note:
Similar Topics (search keywords 'arranged' or 'marraiges' - select any date, link provided below) available... if no enlightening view here...then this topic will be closed and old topics be opened for new views. PLEASE do a keyword search before posting or old members PLEASE update if there is repeative topic.  

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/38155
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/601752
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/53149

Thanks!

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago
nitasuni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

i think arranged marriages are better. u get to see the entire menu first and can order to your heart's content. fine, the stuff might not taste as good later as advertised but there's something to be said for wider menu options, no? πŸ˜›

There are some mandatory items in the menu which is not tasty as seen and some hidden side dishes are also there which can not be avoided.  What about that? anyway not against arranged marriages but not so supportive

on the other hand, trying to get into love relationships on the wild hope they lead to marriage is like sampling. after a few nibbles, one's already filled up, wasted a lot of time and ready to puke the last morsel. all of it without having seen what might have been on the menu πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

If there is true love, mutual understanding and educational and financial support (well placed) love marriage (also arranged marriage) can survive.

btw, i am all for forced marriages too. i mean one could be forced into marrying someone if she's breathtakingly gorgeous and all. and ready to do all it takes to make her guy happy. also, at least one could get the folks to pony up all the maintenance money because it was their idea. now how bad can that be? πŸ˜†

At any rate forced marriages are not good. Earlier in Indian condition it was feasible.  Moderately gorgeous girl and handsome guy is advisable for a longer, uneventful married life. It is seen that  if one of them are extraordinarily (beautiful) then there is problem / suspicion from the other.

corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

😑M😑