Debate Mansion

What determines personality of a person? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
its only upbringing... there is nothing innate that makes their personality the the way they are,,,, its all the charade of upbringing...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What determines personality of a person? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

its only upbringing... there is nothing innate that makes their personality the the way they are,,,, its all the charade of upbringing...

That means the adopted children of civilized, good natured parents should have similar personality.  But as far as my simple knowledge, in most  cases they transformed into wicked personalities and abandon the paraents after what they could  get from them.  That is the only objection from my part to adopt children of unknown lineage (yes, yes, I know there are cases of own children forgetting parents in old age, but I prefer own otherwise none / I am happy with the idea of helping a child for education etc. but can not adopt .)

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitasuni

That means the adopted children of civilized, good natured parents should have similar personality.  But as far as my simple knowledge, in most  cases they transformed into wicked personalities and abandon the paraents after what they could  get from them.  That is the only objection from my part to adopt children of unknown lineage (yes, yes, I know there are cases of own children forgetting parents in old age, but I prefer own otherwise none / I am happy with the idea of helping a child for education etc. but can not adopt .)

u forget one thing upbringing is not only what the parents do to the kids but also what the children get exposed to... its sum of all environmental influences including parental biases..

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 9:26am | IP Logged

u forget one thing upbringing is not only what the parents do to the kids but also what the children get exposed to... its sum of all environmental influences including parental biases..

Something innate in a person make the individuality of the person, and along with it, the upbringing / nurturing make the personality. For example, wherever I go and howmuch I trained, I will not get the humour sense of SBJ or Gauri or Qwerty.  It is the innate thing, it can be nurtured but can not be created.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

Something innate in a person make the individuality of the person, and along with it, the upbringing / nurturing make the personality. For example, wherever I go and howmuch I trained, I will not get the humour sense of SBJ or Gauri or Qwerty.  It is the innate thing, it can be nurtured but can not be created.

u are mixing talent with personality - they are two different things.. isnt it? btw thanks for complimenting the sense of humor...Smile

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Talent is a part of personality. That is humour sense -Qwerty is another person or adding humour to Nita is not Nita, it is another/different person.
There is no need to thank for stating a truth Smile .

Post Reply New Post

Go to top