Debate Mansion

What determines personality of a person? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:56pm | IP Logged

the biology you're born with. also the family, teachers, your circumstances, your experiences, trials and tribulations of your life, what you eat, how much you eat, the gals at the gym who enhance your confidence when they drool over u, success and failures, environment in general. also the guys u hang out with. best way to lose one's inhibitions and become fast and loose, for example, is to take a fancy for some guys. folks wont recognize your personality when it's all done Wink LOL

Edited by chatbuster - 01 April 2008 at 7:58pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What determines personality of a person? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by helloall

What determines how a child turns out to be? Is it genes or just the kind of environment he/she is brought up in? or a mix of both?

I'm talking mostly about the personality of a person. I have heard some people say that when you adopt a child, you don't know what kind of genes he or she has, so its hard to predict whether the person will turn out to be a thief or a normal person. Do genes actually determine what kind of a person a child would be or is it all upbringing?

How about children who turn out to be totally different than their parents?

Is most of the personality of the child shaped in the first 5 years of life (I've read this in many articles) or is a child born with some personality traits?

It is both genetic as well as environment which affect some one's personality.

There are certain predicitibilities about the future of a child , but some times you see surprises.

Some  people despite getting every good thing by birth and by environement turn out to be biggest jerks .

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 05 April 2008 at 3:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Punjabi_chic

It's a mixture of the two....nature and nurture.

It's said that the first 6 years of your life shape you as a person, in regards to your position in the family, how your parents treat you etc

Quite a coincidence that you started this topic, as im currently reading about it! For further reading check out 'They F*** You Up: How to survive family life' by Oliver James.

title is kind of attractive..LOL anyways.

Don't know if this is used for children or for parents. Smile

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 07 April 2008 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by helloall

Is most of the personality of the child shaped in the first 5 years of life (I've read this in many articles) or is a child born with some personality traits?

Yes to both. Tongue Have heard most ppl are not happy with their own personality in which case rinse and repeat. Tongue makeover of personality may be easier then one thinks or is willing to accept.

Vampire26

Goldie

Vampire26

Posted: 08 April 2008 at 1:51am | IP Logged

wow i like this topic Tongue
well according to me its not that genes determine how a well aperson can be in his future its the environment that he he is brought it depends upon the parents its their job to grow their child well
if genes culd determine than i think we all shuld be bad considering if our parents were bad or good LOL
but a healthy growing up is necessary and i woulod say the child is father of man Smile
personality of a person develops when he starts meetin a new world he starts realizing and he understands himself he try to bring all positive as well sometimes negative values in him but if he has a good conscience i m sure he will refrain himself frm becuming that Tongue

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 April 2008 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Ms.GoodMorning

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 09 April 2008 at 12:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

nitasuni

nitasuni

Posted: 11 April 2008 at 10:55am | IP Logged
I agree with both Maya and Insanity.A persons personality depend on both genes and surroundings.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top