Mahi is not Heer’s sister

sdca thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Well I decided to watch the first episode again...because I was a bit confused with the first scene, where the bride Mahi is running away with her lover.  And I noticed when I asked the question of who she was, everyone told me it was Heer's sister.  But she's not.  Balraj is not there, nor is Teji.  And when Heer gives the dupatta to Lalit, and starts speaking in third person, she says "Us raat maine Mahi Di ki baat unki Maa aur Bauji tak nahin ponchai.  Nahin ke payi."

So that means that Mahi was just an additional character, just to start the drama.  We only know that Heer has a brother, and Heer only has one sister, Meher.  I think Mahi was just one of the daughters' of Balraj and Lalit's friend.  But they never show that friend, I wonder whether they'll show him in the future.  I'm sure there's something about this scene...it can't be just a scene thrown in there, there's got to be some reason for it.
Edited by sdca - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with you. That woman wasn't Heer's sister. Heer addressed her as "Didi" because she was older than her.

I don't think there was really a point to that scene. Ekta inserted it in the first episode to gain viewers and generate interest in the show through Aamir and Sanjeeda's appearance. Edited by sarah1024 - 16 years ago
sdca thumbnail
hmm...u think so?...i mean it was just this scene that was inserted...it should have some meaning to it...because theres still that key...and Heer got it shortly before meeting Maya for the last time...there's gotta be something significant to that scene...if not...then I think Ekta's dumb to do that...
-Cupcake- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I agree with Sarah,even i don't think that that scene has anything to do with future story,maybe they just wanted Aamir and Sanjeeda to be in the first epi coz of their popularity

n that girl's name ws Mahi not Maya....Maya is Prem's mom 😳

Edited by cupcake - 16 years ago
sdca thumbnail
o oops...lol...i heard wrong! thanks for correcting that for me!