Kaajjal - Sabbki Aankhon Mein Basi

I felt bad for her-Shilpa to Surveen/kaju

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Shilpa Saklani opens up on the recent link-up between her hubby Apoorva and Surveen Chawla and plans on extending her family

On reality shows…
I am now shooting for my dance show, there are two more dance shows being shot too. There's an overdose of reality shows now. I fear that this trend will burn itself out because audiences too can't choose what to watch now. The lifetime of reality shows is really short. Though I am sure that Shah Rukh's show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Ho is going to be a huge hit.

On being choosy about work…
I simply can't go through the 20-25 days of shooting dates that a daily soap requires. I need to give time to my family because a lot of things change after marriage. There was a time after my marriage when I was doing almost 3-4 shows together including Lavanya and Kkusum. I reached a stage where I was burnt out and I went into a switch off mode because I had no time for my hubby and family. My bank balance was blooming but not me. That's when I asked myself 'did I get married at 21 to spend more time with my co-stars or my hubby'? I got my answer and I am just doing Kyunki saas bhi kabhie bahu thi today. Just the thought of taking on another daily soap today gives me the shivers.

On Mr Ya Ms….
It's a corny title but an interesting concept. What appealed to me was that it's not like every second talent show that focuses on singing or dancing — it goes a step further and tests the actors acting capability too.

On rumours linking hubby Apoorva and co-star Surveen Chawla…
It was so stupid, so trivial. I felt very bad for her because she's a single girl. The mind-set of some people is so sick. People even suspected that something was going on between me and my co-star Amit Sareen because we would eat lunch together on the sets. What people didn't know that I tie a rakhi on him every year. I know for a fact that people who make up such stories have screwed up their own personal lives. People said that Apoorva quit Kajjal because of his so-called affair with her. But the fact is that he and his co-stars were not paid for 3-4 months and the story was going no-where.

On her marriage with Apoorva…
I couldn't be happier than I am (after the marriage). I don't mind doing a lot of work because I am content with my personal life. Apoorva is my best friend. Not once, in four years of marriage, has he or his family imposed anything on me. No wonder, I have only gone to stay over to my mom's place twice after marriage — I took Apurva with me on both occasions.

On starting a family
I wanted to have a baby this year but I guess I will wait for a year more. But it's definitely going to be soon. I am praying hard to get a girl — I love baby girls.

cheers

resh

Edited by rosewood104 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow but i am confused about pay thingee as they were always paid on time by shreyas....and pay thing got resolved about feburary time so whay he quit in august 😕 but still its good shilpa realized how negatively link up affect surveen much more than apu who has loving wife to support him she had to bear it alone....so lets see may god keep all 3 happy apu shilpa and surveen 😳
honeebee222 thumbnail
aww that was nice of her to say that bout surveen, good thing she cleared it up. i do agree with her that the sotryline was a bit screwed up at the end, but that will be funny if surveen starts to tie rakhis on apurva jus like shilpa did to amit, lol.
jparker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh, not paid for so long?! 😕

But well nice of her to clear the air.
sallu_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
it is damn awesome of shilpa that she cleared everything as most of us thought that aproova might have quit coz of her but its coz of the money n after the wedding n shaleen coming to the story made it really boring
but i do miss dev n kajjal 😭
gambi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
he and Sur quit cause of money? 😕 😕 But the money problem was solved long back! 😕 It's funny to hear that she actually ties a raakhi on amit's hand each year!! 😆 Rumours ko mitaaneka achchaa tareeka hai!! 😆 😆
Sharmii thumbnail

Originally posted by: kikien

what is a raakhi...

something I refuse to tie on Apu...😆

surveen_kapoor thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Sharmii

something I refuse to tie on Apu...😆

tujhko to mein zabardasti uske haath par bhandawau gi 😉😆

kikien-- thatz a "rasam" or whteva call it.. you take a dhaaga and usko apne bhai ke haath par baando... 😉