Debate Mansion

Right or Wrong - who determines that? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 20

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by chatbuster

we cocoon ourselves in domain of the right and then want our choices to make the statement which seems familiar... and then make a big talk about choices...!!!??? Right and wrong is not relative. it has to be absolute... which is what it has been... LOL

lol, sure.Tongue an "absolute" that keeps changing over time, as we keep discovering new things, at times reversing previous notions of "absolute right or wrong". like the world before galileo. they sure thought they knew which end was up, didnt they?Wink

but u're right about absolut vodka.LOL always the "right" stuff to take if u wanna get a buzz. if u can get the other fizz to add down rightWink

Again make up your mind.. is it morality, science or vodka you are talking about.. get off the latter two and then reply again...LOL

i am talking about anything but childishly tautological "right is right" and "wrong is wrong" kind of statements. Winkab tu bata, do u want science, morality or vodka?WinkLOL

Edited by chatbuster - 30 March 2008 at 5:06pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Right or Wrong - who determines that? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lighthouse

Nice to see you in DM Shruti.Big smile

Its not just humans, animals are also born with inherent sense of right and wrong. you don't see animals going on hunting spree unless they are hungry.

sure about that? dont camels do the equilavent thing of stocking up?Wink

now even taking your example, why is going hunting after other animals even if u are hungry a decidedly "right" thing to do? isnt that also a matter of perspective? one animal's meat is another animal's hideWink 

Edited by chatbuster - 30 March 2008 at 5:07pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

I think we cant either as individual or collective.. just some of us maybe.. the religious heads or some intellectuals..etc...cos they are the only who take it up as a full time job of  passing on this legacy...which is why it shouldnt require to either change most of these definations every now and then...

the sections where u have the masses following a handful of religious/intellectual heads unquestioningly, u end up seeing insurgence of fanaticism which is not good for anyone...including the blind followers themselves.now its some food for thought.. why these handful people have become fanatics today when the similar handful has been existing for 1000's of years!!!???? what exactly has changed now...except for western depravity and in particular in the USA...

we humans r equipped with a brain and we shd utilize it to assess whether what we r told makes sense or not.  this is the reason there's no "absolute" right or wrong (outside the boundaries of strict ethical/moral guidelines).  the perception changes over a period of time and across the globe.  if one refuses to change, they simply perish.  change is the only constant that keeps everything moving...including this universe.  therefore, i do not agree with your last statement above. Everybody perishes.. so there is no idea that can last... only the good ones.. which is one reason.. all the moral values have been largely the same and no mom today asks her smalls kids.. "bete, what would u like for breakfast milk, or rum ?" or whether they would like to watch "harry potter" or "HBO after dark"...LOLLOL.. All said the sum of all changes are the same what was there 2000 years ago... so just to avoid being mislead by what one might think, the brain...its better to follow the rules setup ages ago...

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:09pm | IP Logged

Thank god more ppl agree with what is right then disagree...!!!!

apparently not enuff to prevent people from killing each other on grounds of which life-style/ morality/ religious belief/ social ordering is better.Tongue

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:10pm | IP Logged

Its not just humans, animals are also born with inherent sense of right and wrong. you don't see animals going on hunting spree unless they are hungry.

now even taking your example, why is going hunting after other animals even if u are hungry a decidedly "right" thing to do? isnt that also a matter of perspective? one animal's meat is another animal's hideWink 

To do a great job at missing the point.. is totally admirable...LOL...I missed this LH's post so I just read it before reading what you said.. and man what should I say.....

Edited by qwertyesque - 30 March 2008 at 6:03pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 5:12pm | IP Logged

we cocoon ourselves in domain of the right and then want our choices to make the statement which seems familiar... and then make a big talk about choices...!!!??? Right and wrong is not relative. it has to be absolute... which is what it has been... LOL

lol, sure.Tongue an "absolute" that keeps changing over time, as we keep discovering new things, at times reversing previous notions of "absolute right or wrong". like the world before galileo. they sure thought they knew which end was up, didnt they?Wink

but u're right about absolut vodka.LOL always the "right" stuff to take if u wanna get a buzz. if u can get the other fizz to add down rightWink

Again make up your mind.. is it morality, science or vodka you are talking about.. get off the latter two and then reply again...LOL

i am talking about anything but childishly tautological "right is right" and "wrong is wrong" kind of statements. Winkab tu bata, do u want science, morality or vodka?WinkLOL

If you can get urself to comprehend/agree that morality and science are mutually exclusive...to the extremes of being logical and illogical .that would help .. ok now lets hope only vodka thing remains.. hope you can get that off..LOL

Ok the issue here is science is not concerned with morality.. it deals with experiment results which can be refuted.. by better experiments and measures this is not the same as morality...but if you observe even Science hasn't got as many refutals over 1000's of years...

Edited by qwertyesque - 30 March 2008 at 5:38pm

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 7:09pm | IP Logged

To do a great job at missing the point.. is totally admirable...LOL...I missed this LH's post so I just read it before reading what you said.. and man what should I say.....

what shld u say? simple. how about something better than "man what should i say" in a debating forum?Tongue

and sure. u got LH's point well enuff to blandly claim that i missed her point. of course.WinkLOL

need answers to other burning questions u have?LOL

Edited by chatbuster - 30 March 2008 at 7:26pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 30 March 2008 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
LOL

what shld u say? simple. how about someting better than "man what should i say" in a debating forum?Tongue

and sure. u got L's point. of course.Wink

now need answers to other burning questions u have?LOL

LOL..no i have stopped questioning posts now that they are far too many ... so

please continue.. i just want to be amused now..LOLLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top