Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

To do a great job at missing the point.. is totally admirable...πŸ˜†...I missed this LH's post so I just read it before reading what you said.. and man what should I say.....

what shld u say? simple. how about something better than "man what should i say" in a debating forum?πŸ˜›

and sure. u got LH's point well enuff to blandly claim that i missed her point. of course.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

need answers to other burning questions u have?πŸ˜†

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: chatbuster

what shld u say? simple. how about someting better than "man what should i say" in a debating forum?πŸ˜›

and sure. u got L's point. of course.πŸ˜‰

now need answers to other burning questions u have?πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†..no i have stopped questioning posts now that they are far too many ... so

please continue.. i just want to be amused now..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

If you can get urself to comprehend/agree that morality and science are mutually exclusive...to the extremes of being logical and illogical .that would help ..

yes yes, we know all that. now pick whichever u want and we'll try to find out what absolutes u find. meanwhile, how about getting off the vague remarks?πŸ˜‰

ok now lets hope only vodka thing remains.. hope you can get that off..πŸ˜†

been off that stuff for 24 hrs now. u shld too.πŸ˜†

Ok the issue here is science is not concerned with morality.. it deals with experiment results which can be refuted.. by better experiments and measures this is not the same as morality...but if you observe even Science hasn't got as many refutals over 1000's of years...

lol. makes it worse that it took so many years to find which side is up, the earth or the sun. so much for absolute truths we hold on to rigidly, even in a field supposedly as precise as science.πŸ˜†

ok, so let's talk morality, because u yourself seem to have discarded notions of right and wrong when it comes to science and vodka. πŸ˜‰now, do tell us what is the absolute right when it comes to

- women wearing head scarves? women remarrying? widows getting on sati?

- animals hunting other animals for food because they are hungry? good thing, bad thing?

- should we pray to this God or that one?

and if u got that so right, maybe u cld try convincing all the folks who got it so wrong.πŸ˜‰

ab bache ko doodh pilane wale stories mat shuru kar dena.πŸ˜† we are trying to have a serious debate here, not a comedy.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

now its some food for thought.. why these handful people have become fanatics today when the similar handful has been existing for 1000's of years!!!???? what exactly has changed now...except for western depravity and in particular in the USA...

if u ask me...they stopped thinking and analyzing what's right and what's wrong.  they started follwoing their leaders a bit too blindly.

simple example - hijab was never as popular among young urban muslims in yesteryears as it is now a days.  now,.....go fish..... why this happened.

Everybody perishes..

true, everybody does perish but those who resist change perish faster.

so there is no idea that can last... only the good ones.. which is one reason.. all the moral values have been largely the same

i did set up my premise.  i specifically pointed out that i'm considering the rights and wrongs that fall outside the strictly moral/ethical domain.   i am talking about the socalled rights like sati pratha, female infanticide, dowry etc that our society used to accept/still accepts but western world always shunned.  what is it that made them right in indian society?  this is the kind of right and wrong i'm talking about buddy.

and no mom today asks her smalls kids.. "bete, what would u like for breakfast milk, or rum ?"

it did change to what wld u like to have for breakfast...milk or orange juice.  indian moms did start asking what wld u like to have for breakfast...bread or cereal instead of poori aur paranthas......note the change here buddy.  as more and more awareness about nutrition and health speread, our societies started acknowledging how some of their traditional foods might not be "right' if over consumed.  so change is happening and has always happened. 

or whether they would like to watch "harry potter" or "HBO after dark"...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..

All said the sum of all changes are the same what was there 2000 years ago... so just to avoid being mislead by what one might think, the brain...its better to follow the rules setup ages ago...

buddy, u r still so stuck up on the moral/ethical right and wrong.  those really r no brainer.  the tricky parts relate to lifestyle, life style choices, eating habits, rituals.....who determines what's right there and what's wrong......and science plays a huge role there in making people aware.  mano ya na mano😊

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

πŸ˜†..no i have stopped questioning posts now that they are far too many ... so

please continue.. i just want to be amused now..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

lol. isnt that some kinda role reversal?πŸ˜†

hey cb, uss key liye we'll need to convince him that god existsπŸ˜‰  badey log ki sab baat mano per yeh naheen mano...kyoon bhala...kyoonki apna thinking use kiya aur kuchh aethists key books padhey.  phir bhi bol raha hai ki jo leaders boley woh hee saheeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  am i the only one noticing the juxtaposition hereπŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

hey cb, uss key liye we'll need to convince him that god existsπŸ˜‰  badey log ki sab baat mano per yeh naheen mano...kyoon bhala...kyoonki apna thinking use kiya aur kuchh aethists key books padhey.  phir bhi bol raha hai ki jo leaders boley woh hee saheeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  am i the only one noticing the juxtaposition hereπŸ˜†

u are right. but then we are looking for consistency in all the wrong placesπŸ˜†

apart from what u noted, i mean even science finds things "relative to frames of reference" and here we are trying to find absolutes when it comes to areas of morality. these require even greater personal subjectivity. ab kya bolein? πŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

actually sati and such was also the morality of the era. in fact, high morality.

qwertyesque thumbnail

lol. makes it worse that it took so many years to find which side is up, the earth or the sun. so much for absolute truths we hold on to rigidly, even in a field supposedly as precise as science.πŸ˜†

ok, so let's talk morality, because u yourself seem to have discarded notions of right and wrong when it comes to science and vodka. πŸ˜‰now, do tell us what is the absolute right when it comes to..

- women wearing head scarves? women remarrying? widows getting on sati? every religion makes that statement.. and mostly people accept it so we dont have to make statements on them.. even then all these are culture and traditions not direct morality.. i think .. u are again veering...like a kati patang.πŸ˜†

- animals hunting other animals for food because they are hungry? good thing, bad thing? i stick by whatever LH said earlier..πŸ˜‰

and if u got that so right, maybe u cld try convincing all the folks who got it so wrong.πŸ˜‰

ab bache ko doodh pilane wale stories mat shuru kar dena.πŸ˜† we are trying to have a serious debate here, not a comedy.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

qwertyesque thumbnail

actually sati and such was also the morality of the era. in fact, high morality.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†