~*~Sitare Zameen Par Articles Archives~*~ (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:24am | IP Logged

You never really know what actually fuels controversies -Sonali Bendre

Catch the Bollywood superstar - Sonali Bendre, who's also the judge of Sony's Mr. and Ms Television, in an exclusive chit chat with TellyBuzz, as the actress gives a piece of mind on the reality shows...

The ravishing Sonali Bendre returns to the screen as a judge on Sony's Mr. & Ms. Television. In conversation with our Telly Buzz reporter, the stunning beauty speaks about the show, her take on reality shows and what the future holds for the belle.

What made you take up the judges' chair on Mr. and Ms. Television?

Mr. and Ms. Television has a different and interesting concept. It includes a lot more then just mere singing and dancing. Another thing is that the duration of the show is just nine days so it is very convenient for me. It's also interesting to see such well known faces in a different persona. And being on this show I can be judgmental without thinking that 'oh my God, I am being too judgmental about others'.

How does it feel to make an appearance before the public after such a long hiatus?

It feels good. In fact when I saw myself on television, I was stunned as I looked completely different. I failed to recognize myself and I just have to get used to being on the screen again. But on the whole it feels nice to be back.

There are a myriad of reality shows coming on television; what is your take on them?

I think reality shows are something that are very interesting and connect a lot to the audience. I really love all the drama associated with the reality shows.

What do you have to say about the controversial issues associated with these reality shows?

When it comes to those controversies, you never really know what actually fuels such controversies, whether it is the media who make an issue about the controversy or if it is done by the production house behind the reality show. And frankly we have been very uncontroversial in this show. We do have disagreements, but they are usually open discussions.

So can you tell us something about the concept of Mr. and Ms. Television through a judges' perspective?

The concept of this show is completely different. In this show we will be seeing well-known television faces who are vying for the title of Mr. and Ms. Television. All these actors have always been known for the characters they have played in their respective television soaps. With this show, the viewers get to see their favourite stars coming out of their comfort zones. Like for instance, I had always seen Nausheen as Kkusum and when she performed here, I was quite stunned. And that is the interesting part about the show.

At the end of the show, you have to select one couple, so what aspect are you looking at when choosing the winner?

Basically what Madhur and I do is write down the marks after each episode, so at the end of the day it is basically all about the calculations. We mark them as individuals from our point of view, not as a couple, and that is where the marking helps us.

So what do you have planned after the show ends in nine days?

I have nothing planned. I have received a lot of offers but right now my main priority is my child. I feel that the first five years are the most important of any child's life. My husband is also busy with his work and unless I can get a job where I can manage with my child I have nothing new in mind.

And will Sonali Bendre's fans see her anytime soon on the silver screen?

Honestly, I don't when they will see me back on the screen. Right now I am content in spending time with my family and supporting my husband while he makes his baby, Drona, which is taking quite a long time though (laughs).

Edited by Master_Blaster - 26 March 2008 at 9:25am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*~Sitare Zameen Par Articles Archives~*~ (Page 3)" in Sitaare Zameen Par forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:35am | IP Logged

Sitaare Zameen Par on Sony TV from March 17
Thursday - Mar 13, 2008
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent | Mumbai
After the debacle of 'Tujhko Hai Salaam Zindgi', Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is now looking at three reality shows, to be aired on weekdays, over the next month.

The three shows - 'Bura Na Maano Holi Hai', 'Television' and 'Ustaadon Ke Ustaad', will come under a common banner, Sitaarein Zameen Par - Television Ka Maha Event, starting March 17 – April 17, from Monday to Thursday at 10 pm.

The first show appears to be a take-off on 'Champion Chaalbaaz'. The second will crown the most popular male and female faces on the tube. And 'Ustaadon Ke Ustaad' sounds as if it will spark off controversies galore.

Albert Almeida, Executive Vice-president and Business head, Sony Entertainment Television, said, "In line with our vision of offering the biggest and the best, we bring to our viewers an innovative Sitaare Zameen Par. Kicking off with the festival of colors the show promises to bring home the biggest stars in a celebration like never before on Indian television. This month long special offers some exceptional entertainment with a spirit of camaraderie and competition."

This contest will pit the winners of reality shows against one another. Aamir Ali, one of the performers at the 'Bura na Maano…' finale, was apparently approached for 'Ustaadon Ke Ustaad'.

Ali says that neither Sanjeeda Sheikh nor he (winners of Nach Baliye 3) need to prove themselves. "We don't want to take part in any contest right now," he states.

Some of the celebrities who have been confirmed so far are Varun Badola and Rajeshwari Sachdev (Nach Baliye 1), Shveta Salve and Logines (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 1), Sandhya Mridul and Javed (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2) and Poonam Narula and Mannish Goyal (Nach Baliye 1).

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:37am | IP Logged

Sony set to entertain with 'Sitaare Zameen Par'
Source:

Coming March 17 watch those favourite television stars on one platform as they come together for Sony channel's new show "Sitaare Zameen Par - Television Ka Maha Event".

"In line with our vision of offering the biggest and the best, we bring to our viewers an innovative and fun filled extravaganza," said Albert Almeida, executive vice-president and business head of Sony Entertainment Television, in a statement Thursday.

"Kicking off with the festival of colours, the show promises to bring home the biggest stars in a celebration like never before on Indian television. The month-long special, offers some exceptional entertainment that will bring together the best talent and a galaxy of stars together," Almeida added. The show would be televised four days a week at 10 p.m. and will be divided into three parts - "Bura Na Mano Holi Hain", "Mr. And Ms. Television" and "Ustaadon Ke Ustaad".

A Whizcraft production, "Bura Na Mano Holi Hain" will not only entertain but also educate viewers on the origin and significance of the festival of colour.

"Mr. and Ms. Television" is especially designed for the small screen's glamour brigade. The show will hunt for India's most talented and multifaceted TV personality. The contest will see six female and male celebrities competing for the title.

Bollywood's two well-known faces will judge the event.

"Ustaadon Ke Ustaad", a weeklong event, will bring together various faces from all reality shows on Indian TV on one platform.

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:38am | IP Logged

Sitaare Zammenn Par on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitaare_Zameen_Par

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:41am | IP Logged

Sony Entertainment announces Sitaare Zameen Par
India Infoline News Service / Mumbai Mar 17, 2008 15:49
For the first time ever on Indian television, the entire galaxy of stars, almost everyone, will queue-up to entertain and interact with the viewers in a month long extravaganza starting March 17 – April 17, Monday – Thursday at 10 p.m.

Starting March 17, Sony Entertainment Television promises to bring you closer to the stars! Your favorite television stars - the bold and the beautiful- are descending on earth for Sitaare Zameen Par – Television Ka Maha Event. For the first time ever on Indian television, the entire galaxy of stars, almost everyone, will queue-up to entertain and interact with the viewers in a month long extravaganza starting March 17 – April 17, Monday – Thursday at 10 p.m.

Sitarein Zameen Par – Television Ka Maha Event will house 3 star-studded programs under its umbrella, namely – Bura Na Mano Holi Hain, Mr. and Ms Television and Ustaadon Ke Ustaad. In this Maha Event catch your favorite television stars come out in the open to celebrate in a weeklong Holi special filled with loads of masti, music, dancing and a riot of colors.

After Holi, the celebrations get better. This time you will see your favorite stars competing with each other for a Perfect 10 – for the Mr. & Ms Television title, shedding all inhibitions to wear that ultimate crown .The last of the events is a face off between the stars of all reality shows (on Indian television) on one platform—Sony Entertainment Television.

Commenting on the Maha Event, Albert Almeida, Executive Vice President and Business Head, Sony Entertainment Television, said, "In line with our vision of offering the biggest and the best, we bring to our viewers an innovative and fun filled extravaganza – Sitaare Zameen Par—Television Ka Maha Event. Kicking off with the festival of colors the show promises to bring home the biggest stars in a celebration like never before on Indian television.

This month long special offers some exceptional entertainment with a spirit of camaraderie and competition. Sitaare Zameen Par… will bring together the best talent and a galaxy of stars, who will come together to entertain like never before." Bura na mano holi hai: (Monday-Thursday, March 17 –20   @ 10.00 pm &Grand Finale on Sunday, March 23 @ 12.00 noon)

The festive season starts with Bura na mano holi hai… a four part comic reality series of pranks, gags, music and dance hosted by the Comedy Circus winner - Ali Asgar. This Holi special will see the return of the hit pair – Raju Srivastav and Rakhi Sawant (earlier in Comedy Ka Baadshah Hassega India) along with television actor Kavita Kaushik and Kunal who play pranks on celebrities…all in the name of Bura na mano holi hai… Produced by Wizcraft, this one-week special will not only entertain but also educate the viewers on the origin and significance of Holi.

The grand finale, a showcase of performances, will play out on Sunday, March 23, at 12.00 noon. Television stars - Amir-Sanjeeda, Rakhi Sawant, Manav Gohil, Shama Sikander, Jay Bhanushali, Sayantani Ghosh, Yash Tonk, Sangeeta Ghosh, Roshni Chopra, Pulkit Samrat, Gurdeep Kohli, Shradhdha Nigam, Karan Oberoi, Indian Idol band F4 and contestants - Deepali, Prajakta, Meenal and Charu will all set the stage on fire.

Come celebrate Holi with your favorite stars from Monday –Thursday, March 17 to 20   and a grand finale on Sunday, March 23 at 12.00 noon. Mr. and Ms. Television: (Monday-Thursday, March 24 – March 27, March 31 - April 3 @ 10 pm, Grand Finale on Sunday, April 6, @ 12.00 noon).

Amidst big film & TV awards and music & dance reality shows comes a talent contest Mr. and Ms Television specially designed for our small screen's glamour brigade. The show is the ultimate hunt for India's most talented and multifaceted TV personality. The contest will see 6 female and 6 male celebrities competing across various categories - singing, dancing, acting etc… to compete for the title of Mr. and Ms. Television.

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:44pm | IP Logged

Monday, March 24, 2008

Sonali Bendre returns with Mr and Miss Television

Madhur Bhandarkar has given many female actors a different image in his films. Tabu [Chandni Bar], Raveena Tandon [Satta], Konkona Sen [Page 3], Bipasha Basu [Corporate] and Neetu Chandra [Traffic Signal] are living examples to prove that. Now he comes along with none other than Sonali Bendre whose last big screen foray was way back in 2003 when she did a mini appearance as a doctor in Kal Ho Na Ho.

However, it is not for a movie that the two are coming together. Instead, they would be seen in different roles - that of judges in a reality-TV show called 'Mr. and Miss Television', the show aspires for hunting the most talented and multi-faceted TV personality.

Though newcomer Shonali Nagrani would be hosting the show, Madhur Bhandarkar and Sonali Bendre would be judging these contestants. There would also be a celebrity guest every day on the show.

Says Madhur Bhandarkar, "I am already shooting for the show and it is good fun. It is different from what I did 2 years back in 'Zee Cinestars' where I was one of the judges along with Anupam Kher and Pooja Bhatt. Here, a participant not just goes through singing, acting and dancing routine. Instead, the show format also requires stages like stand-up acts which makes it different from other reality shows in the running."

While Kushal Punjabi, Sanjeet Bedi, Manoj Bora, Chetan Hansraj, Karan Vahi and Swapnil Joshi are the male participants, the female line-up consists of Shilpa Saklani, Aashka Goradia, Priyanka Bassi, Jasver Kaur, Purbi Joshi and Nausheen Ali Sardar. These actors will compete with each other for the title of Mr. and Miss Television.

When questioned about his co-judge Sonali Bendre, Madhur says, "Oh, she looks as pretty as she always has over the years. It is nice to have her back in showbiz."

"Mr. and Miss Television" will be starting from 24th March.

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

Madhur and Sonali to judge 'Mr. & Ms. TV'

Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar and actress Sonali Bendre are all set to judge a talent hunt show which is to be telecasted on Sony Entertainment Television……The name of this new talent hunt show is 'Mr. and Ms. TV'…… sounds interesting…..

Want to know much about the show?? Well guys the show is especially meant for small screen glamour brigade…..The most talented and multifaceted personalities will be the winners of the hunt……The host of the show will be Shonali Nagrani who has earlier anchored 'The Great Indian Laughter Challenge' for Star One. The show will be on aired from March 24th onwards and will be stretched ahead of almost two weeks.

The six women competing for the title of 'Ms TV' are Naushin Ali Sardar, Aashka Goradia, Jasveer Kaur, Purbi Joshi, Priyanka Bassi and Shilpa Saklani and the six men competing for 'Mr. TV' are Chetan Hansraj, Kushal Punajbi, Karan Wahi, Karanveer Bohra, Swapnil Joshi and Sanjit Bedi.

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

Launch of show Mr and Ms Television

Where your favorite artists will challenge each other to prove the all round entertainer

Monday-Thursday at 10.00 p.m.

March 24-27 & March 30-April 3

Only on Sony Entertainment Television

Mumbai, March 18,2008: Amidst big film & TV awards and music & dance reality shows comes a talent contest Mr. and Ms Television specially designed for Indian television's small screen glamour brigade. The show is the ultimate hunt for India's most talented and multifaceted TV personality. The contest will see 6 female and 6 male celebrities competing across various categories - singing, dancing, acting etc… to win the title of Mr. and Ms. Television. The show opens with 12 well known celebrities (6 female and 6 male) whom you see almost everyday on your TV screens. In fact most of them have become a part of your families too. They are:

*Aashka Goradia (Naina of Virrudh)

*Jasveer Kaur ( Kajri of Ghar Ki Laxshmi Betiyaan)

*Nausheen Ali Sardar (Kkusum)

*Purbi Joshi (Great Indian Laughter Challenge)

*Priyanka Bassi (Naina of Left Right Left)

*Shilpa Sakhlani (Ganga of Kyuniki…)

*Chetan Hansraj (Sasha of Kahani Ghar…)

*Kushal Punjabi (Aditya Jaiswal of Santaan)

*Karan Wahi (Ranveer of Remix)

*Karnvir Bohra (Prem of Kasautii Zindagi Ki)

*Swapnil Joshi (Comedy Circus)

*Sanjit Bedi(Siddharth of Virrudh)

Mr. and Ms. Television will be aired as a daily strip from Monday-Thursday, March 24th, at 10.00 p.m .For two most entertaining weeks (March 24-27 & March 30 –April 3). Versatile director Madhur Bandarkar & the sensational Sonali Bendre will judge the television artists who are already a face in all households . The artists will try and excel in various tasks such as singing, dancing, mimicry, voice over…(some tasks they may not have done before) put before them week after week, with one pair being eliminated every week, until the top 3 are left to compete for the title.

Hosted by the versatile and chirpy Mandira Bedi, the show opens with the introduction of the contestants; in an interesting manner( an AV on their life and messages by their friends and relatives)once they are introduced a series of queries thrown at the participants will enable the judges to pair them. New pairs will be formed several times in the show. The tasks would be very selective and laced with Bollywood masala like recreating a famous Bollywood scene, enacting one of the famous TV icons over the years…Rajni, Karamchand, Tulsi, Jassi…to name a few, lesser known truth about your stars will be shared…As the rounds unfold you get to know more & more about what's best & worst in your favorite stars. With the eliminations the contest gets bigger, brighter & bolder.

Mr. & Ms. Television will give the viewers an opportunity to get close and personal with their all time favorite stars. Get ready to watch your stars put their best foot forward to excel in the world of entertainment that is unlimited and prove their staying power at the top. Come cheer and enjoy some of the greatest moments on Indian television shared by your favorite stars on Mr. & Ms Television, from March 24,Monday to Thursday, for 2 full weeks (March 24-27 & March 31st –April 3), at 10.00 p.m & for a grand finale on Sunday, April 6,12.00 noon, only on Sony Entertainment Television.

Edited by Master_Blaster - 26 March 2008 at 1:51pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top