Sitaare Zameen Par

~*~Sitare Zameen Par Articles Archives~*~

-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Please post all articles related to the show and or it's hosts/judges/performers so that there can be order in the forum...

Thanks I-F dev team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Mr and Miss TV on Sony, Sitare Zameen Parr !

24 Mar

Sony is back with another reality TV show. This time its no aam janta (common man) participating the show. Infact, 'Mr and Miss TV' features some hot names from television world. Show feature 6 female and 6 male celebrities.

They will be competing across various categories - singing, dancing, acting etc - to win the title of Mr. and Ms. Television. Show will be judges by bollywood beauty Sonali Bendre (yeah she is back) and cool director Madhur Bhandarkar.

6 Female contestants include: Aashka Goradia (Naina of Virrudh), Jasveer Kaur ( Kajri of Ghar Ki Laxshmi Betiyaan), Nausheen Ali Sardar (Kkusum), Purbi Joshi (Great Indian Laughter Challenge), Priyanka Bassi (Naina of Left Right Left) and Shilpa Sakhlani (Ganga of Kyuniki…).

6 Male contestants include: Chetan Hansraj (Sasha of Kahani Ghar…), Kushal Punjabi (Aditya Jaiswal of Santaan), Karan Wahi (Ranveer of Remix), Karnvir Bohra (Prem of Kasautii Zindagi Ki), Swapnil Joshi (Comedy Circus)  and Sanjit Bedi(Siddharth of Virrudh).

Catch the show for 2 full weeks (March 24-27 & March 31st –April 3), at 10.00 p.m & for a grand finale on Sunday, April 6,12.00 noon, on Sony Entertainment Television.

Kushal: All geared up!
24 Mar 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

doweshowbellyad=0;
Kushal Punjabi (TOI photo)
Kushal Punjabi, who holds a record in Indian television for winning four reality shows in a row, is determined to win the fifth.

Unfortunately Kushal almost bowed out of the soon-to-be-launched reality show Mr & Miss TV when he had a difference of opinion with the producers. Apparently Kushal was offered a choice of his songs to dance to and then told to pick other songs as the ones he had selected had gone to others. Kushal, known to be hot-headed and adamant if the situation demands, put his foot down and suggested he opt out rather than compromise on his songs.

Says the young actor, "There was a difference of opinion about the choice of songs, yes. But nothing major. We sorted it out before it blew into anything major. Now I'm back to doing the songs that I wanted to. See, at this point of my career on television I can't afford to slip up. I'm aiming to be Indian television's first prominent product. I hope Mr & Miss TV will help me with that. I've had enough bad experiences on the big screen."

In Vivek Agnihotri's Goal and Nikhil Advani's Salaam-e-Ishq Kushal's role was mercilessly chopped off. He refuses to be bitter about it. "What was done was probably done for the betterment of the film. I'd rather play well-defined parts in soaps where I have ample space to breathe than second and third lead in feature films."

Kushal, lately seen as the good son in the soap Santaan, was the winner on Fear Factor. He later won Paisa Bharna Padega, Navigators' Challenge and Fun On The Run.
Now he's looking forward to his next challenge. "On Mr & Miss TV I get to face my biggest challenge. It's a reality show that crowns an all-round performer. I've to dance, sing, act. I'm scared because adventure sports and other outdoor challenges which I took on in my four reality shows so far come naturally to me."

animateash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
more artciels of karan over here

hers one

Karan makes the full circle…is once again back on TV

Karan Wahi who was last seen in Remix is back on television with a reality show, Mr and Miss Television. After Remix went off air the actor kept a low profile but now he wants to make a come back to television.

"I had kept television on hold due to films but nothing seemed to work out with my first film with UTV so I decided to give another go at TV," says Karan.

You quit television for films? "I did not quit but my film producers wanted me to hold TV projects for some time. I was busy preparing for that but due to some problem the UTV project flopped. Then I was getting so many offers for films that I thought of giving it a try," he explains.

"People think that the film offers have gone to my head but I feel I'm very lucky to get such good offers at such an early stage of my career. I had to make a choice but it was not to leave television. As I cannot multi-task I decided to put TV on hold," he adds.

What made you come back to TV? "I had given my self an ultimatum. I realised one thing that a filmi career takes a long time to take off as it's a very slow process. I was sitting at home and getting frustrated so I thought about returning to TV. This medium has given me name and fame and today I'm here because of it," he avers.

What attracted you to accept Mr. and Miss Television? "I have few projects in hand now for films and again my producers don't want me to overexpose myself on TV. I did not want to sit idle. When this show was offered to me I thought its time to make some money. I said yes because firstly it's less time consuming and secondly it has all the elements that I was looking for. Lastly, I'll be recognised by my own name," he informs.

Tell us something about your film? "I wished I could say something but now my producers want me to be tight- lipped. Even news about my UTV project made its way to the press but ultimately the project did not take off. I feel I made a fool out of myself and this time I don't want to repeat my mistake. I'm just waiting for the shoot to start," he concludes.

"I think I have had a slow start to my career and want to get rid of it as soon as possible," says Karan.

Better late then never, Karan.

credit-rosewood aka resh

luv ash Edited by animateash - 16 years ago

Sonali Bendre returns as a judge  

By: Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Hungama

Tuesday, March 25 2008   

Madhur Bhandarkar has given many female actors a different image in his films. Tabu [Chandni Bar], Raveena Tandon [Satta], Konkona Sen [Page 3], Bipasha Basu [Corporate] and Neetu Chandra [Traffic Signal] are living examples to prove that. Now he comes along with none other than Sonali Bendre whose last big screen foray was way back in 2003 when she did a mini appearance as a doctor in Kal Ho Na Ho.

However, it is not for a movie that the two are coming together. Instead, they would be seen in different roles - that of judges in a reality-TV show! Called 'Mr. and Miss Television', the show aspires for hunting the most talented and multi-faceted TV personality.

Though newcomer Shonali Nagrani would be hosting the show, Madhur Bhandarkar and Sonali Bendre would be judging these contestants. There would also be a celebrity guest every day on the show.

Says Madhur Bhandarkar, "I am already shooting for the show and it is good fun. It is different from what I did 2 years back in 'Zee Cinestars' where I was one of the judges along with Anupam Kher and Pooja Bhatt. Here, a participant not just goes through singing, acting and dancing routine. Instead, the show format also requires stages like stand-up acts which makes it different from other reality shows in the running."

While Kushal Punjabi, Sanjeet Bedi, Manoj Bora, Chetan Hansraj, Karan Vahi and Swapnil Joshi are the male participants, the female line-up consists of Shilpa Saklani, Aashka Goradia, Priyanka Bassi, Jasver Kaur, Purbi Joshi and Nausheen Ali Sardar. These actors will compete with each other for the title of Mr. and Miss Television.

When questioned about his co-judge Sonali Bendre, Madhur says, "Oh, she looks as pretty as she always has over the years. It is nice to have her back in showbiz."

'Mr. and Miss Television' will be starting from 24th March.

Ads by Google 

Edited by Master_Blaster - 16 years ago
animateash thumbnail
one mroe form tellybuzz

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2164

'No Public voting is the best for a reality show' - Karan Wahi

Karan Wahi, the handsome 'Remix' lad is back to small screen after nearly one and half years, with the reality show on Sony, Mr. and Ms. Television.Catch the star in action..

Karan Wahi, the handsome Ranveer from Remix is back on the small tube with the latest reality show on Sony, Mr. and Ms. Television.

Why this long hibernation period? "I was really exhausted and needed a break after Remix. Plus I had such a satisfactory stint in Remix, I did not want to take up projects where my role is not good", says Karan. Apparently, he was also busy with few big-screen projects during this time. "Unfortunately, none of them materialized. But I don't have any regrets as I am back to the small screen now with this show. I am considering some other projects as well", says the handsome actor.

The reality show he is participating in, involves him singing as well. We have seen him as a good actor, but how confident is he with singing? "Well...I can dance pretty well, but am not so confident about singing! You have to listen to me and tell me! My buddies feel I am pretty bad at it!" confesses Karan. Since Mr. and Ms. Television is not based on audience poll, does it turn out to be a disadvantage for him? "Actually, I feel this method (of not having voting) is fairer, because the audience always votes for their favorite contestant and as a result, more deserving candidates lose out."

One good news, for all of Karan's fans is that they are going to see him in a new look. "I have experimented with my looks for all this while and have decided on a new look after trying out various options like growing a beard, long hair etc," explains Karan.

Did he make any special friend in these one and a half years? "You have to believe me, because my friends do not. I am not dating anyone!, comes the reply from the young lad.

Author: Srabanti Chakrabarti
Edited by animateash - 16 years ago

STARTREK

Mar 25, 2008

Sonali is back!
Tuesday March 25 2008 11:16 IST

Express Features

Madhur Bhandarkar has given many female actors a different image in his films.

Tabu (Chandni Bar), Raveena Tandon (Satta), Konkona Sen (Page 3), Bipasha Basu (Corporate) and Neetu Chandra (Traffic Signal) are living examples to prove that. Now he comes along with none other than Sonali Bendre whose last big screen foray was way back in 2003 when she did a mini appearance as a doctor in 'Kal Ho Na Ho'. However, it is not for a movie that the two are coming together. Instead, they would be seen in different roles - that of judges in a reality-TV show.

Called 'Mr and Miss Television', the show scouts for the most talented and multi-faceted TV personality. Though newcomer Shonali Nagrani would be hosting the show, Madhur Bhandarkar and Sonali Bendre would judge the contestants. There would also be a celebrity guest every day on the show.

Says Madhur Bhandarkar, "I am already shooting for the show and it is fun. It is different from what I did 2 years back in 'Zee Cinestars' where I was one of the judges along with Anupam Kher and Pooja Bhatt. Here a participant not just goes through singing, acting and dancing routine. Instead, the show format also requires stages like stand-up acts which makes it different from other reality shows in the running."

While Kushal Punjabi, Sanjeet Bedi, Manoj Bora, Chetan Hansraj, Karan Vahi and Swapnil Joshi are the male participants, the female line-up consists of Shilpa Saklani, Aashka Goradia, Priyanka Bassi, Jasver Kaur, Purbi Joshi and Nausheen Ali Sardar. These actors will compete with each other for the title 'Mr and Miss Television.'

When questioned about his co-judge Sonali Bendre, Madhur says: "Oh, she looks as pretty as she always has over the years. It is nice to have her back in showbiz." Mr and Miss Television starts from March 24.

HYDERABAD

Mar 25, 2008

Talking point with Madhur Bhandarkar
Tuesday March 25 2008 10:05 IST

SURUCHI MAZUMDAR

ARE you using the television show Mr & Miss TV as a promotional platform for your next film Fashion?

Fashion will release in September, which is still a long way to go. Besides, the film is already being talked about, so I don't need to create hype. People already know Madhur Bhandarkar and his films. We will do the promotional activities at a later stage.

What do you think of the recent trend in which film personalities appear on television shows just to promote their new releases?

What's wrong with that? It's great that now we have realised the importance of publicity.

These days even actors have to take part in promotional campaigns.

Currently, the television industry is at its peak, and it has to co-exist with the film world.

After Cinestar Ki Khoj last year and the current Mr & Miss TV, would you like to make a film on the television industry?

I haven't given it a thought yet. But reality shows can be a good subject for a film. If I find a good story, I will definitely direct it.

Do you plan to cast the contestants of Mr & Miss TV, who are established, small-screen stars, in a film?

I love casting unusual faces in my films. In the past, I cast actors from the English, Marathi and Gujarati stage in my films. If there is a suitable role for any of the contestants in a future project, I will definitely consider them.

Is it difficult to judge contestants who are already established names in show biz?

I have to keep in mind their existing image while judging their performances. They are experienced stars, so I expect more maturity from them.

animateash thumbnail
tellybuzz article

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2118

India Forums > Telly Buzz > News Releases

Sony Entertainment Television presents Mr. and Ms. Television

Watch Mr. and Ms. Television on Sony Entertainment Television where your favourite artists

Amidst all the film & TV awards, music & dance reality shows, comes a talent contest Mr. and Ms. Television designed for Indian television's small screen glamour brigade. The show is the ultimate hunt for India's most talented and multifaceted TV personality. The contest will see 6 female and 6 male celebrities competing across various categories - singing, dancing, acting etc… to win the title of Mr. and Ms. Television. The show includes some of the well known faces of the television industry who have become an intrinsic part of our lives. The faces include:

Aashka Goradia (Naina of Virrudh)
Jasveer Kaur ( Kajri of Ghar Ki Laxshmi Betiyaan)
Nausheen Ali Sardar (Kkusum)
Purbi Joshi (Great Indian Laughter Challenge)
Priyanka Bassi (Naina of Left Right Left)
Shilpa Sakhlani (Ganga of Kyuniki…)
Chetan Hansraj (Sasha of Kahani Ghar…)
Kushal Punjabi (Aditya Jaiswal of Santaan)
Karan Wahi (Ranveer of Remix)
Manoj Bohra (Prem of Kasautii Zindagi Ki)
Swapnil Joshi (Comedy Circus)
Sanjit Bedi(Siddharth of Virrudh)

Mr. and Ms. Television will be aired as a daily strip from Monday-Thursday, March 24th, at 10.00 p.m . Versatile director Madhur Bandarkar & the sensational Sonali Bendre will judge the television artists who are already a face in all households. The artists will try and excel in various tasks such as singing, dancing, mimicry, voice over… (Some tasks they may not have done before) put before them week after week, with one pair being eliminated every week, until the top 3 are left to compete for the title.

Hosted by the versatile and chirpy Shonali Nagrani, the show opens with the introduction of the contestants; in an interesting manner( an AV on their life and messages by their friends and relatives)once they are introduced a series of Questions are thrown at the participants that will enable the judges to pair them. New pairs will be formed several times in the show. The tasks will be very selective and laced with Bollywood masala like recreating a famous Bollywood scene, enacting one of the famous TV icons over the yearsRajni, Karamchand, Tulsi, Jassi…to name a few. Some lesser known truth about your stars will be shared and as the rounds unfold you get to know more & more about what's the best and the worst thing about your favorite stars. With the eliminations the contest gets bigger, brighter & bolder.

Mr. & Ms. Television gives the viewers an opportunity to get up-close and personal with their all time favorite stars. Get ready to watch your favourite stars put their best foot forward to excel in the world of entertainment that is unlimited and prove their staying power at the top. Come cheer and enjoy some of the greatest moments on Indian television shared by your favorite stars

Mr. & Ms Television, from March 24,Monday to Thursday, for 2 full weeks (March 24-27 & March 31st –April 3), at 10.00 p.m & for a grand finale on Sunday, April 6,12.00 noon, only on Sony Entertainment Television.

animateash thumbnail

one mroe tellybuzz artcile

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2162

Dance with the Men in Mr. and Ms. Television..

The second episode of Mr. and Ms. Television will see the six talented men fight it out on stage.. Here is an insight with pictures..

Mr. and Ms. Television, the ultimate hunt for India's most talented and multifaceted personality that unfolded on Sony on March 24th saw the gorgeous ladies exhibiting their talent on the first day.

The second episode to be aired on March 25th will see the hot and happening men set the stage on fire, with their performances. The show hosted by the sizzling Shonali Nagarani, in the presence of the judges Sonali Bendre and Madhur Bhandrakar got rolling with the performances of the six talented men.

Swapnil Joshi's heart skipped a beat, as he performed on 'Dekha Jo Tuje Yaar Dil Main Baji Guitar'. The very sexy Karan Wahi stormed on stage in his new avatar and danced on 'Dus Bahaane Karke Legaye Dil', while the comeback lad Karnvir Bohra danced to the tunes of 'Ek Main Aur Ek Tu Hai'. The versatile actor, Sanjit Bedi showed that he had 'Jaan Main Dum' and the handsome hunk Chetan Hansraj proved that he is the Ultimate Don, as he performed on 'Main Hoon Don'.Television's Shahid Kapoor, Kushal Punjabi wowed all with his 'Mauja Hi Mauja'..

Catch all the action tonight, on Mr. and Ms. Television, March 25th at 10 PM, Only on Sony Entertainment Television..

Author: Srividya Rajesh