***roshni*** thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Katrina Kaif : Most expensive item

Katrina Kaif is allegedly paid a whooping 1.5 crore for an item number in Shree Ashtavinayak's upcoming flick Blue. With he staggering amount Katrina Kaif becomes the highest paid item girl in Bollywood. Blue stars Sanjay Dutt, Akshay Kumar and Lara Dutta in lead roles.

A Bollywood insider revealed, Katrina Kaif has become a sort of a lucky mascot, after all her films have done well. The actress is now getting any price she is demanding. Shree Ashtavinayak's Blue has a 100-crore budget. When the production house asked her to do an item number, Kat initially refused, as she doesn't want the label of an item girl. But when the makers agreed to pay her a 1.5 crore fee and offered a few more scenes, the actress accepted."

Katrina has said yes to the offer, and has allotted ten day for the song in the month of May.

When contacted, Katrina confirmed the news; I am doing something very special in Blue. I wouldn't call it an item number. I have given ten days for the film, May onwards. They require seven days for the song. The other bit will take three days."

Katrina also revealed about her 1.5 crore contract and said, "The figure you've quoted is pretty accurate."

Parag Desai, the media consultant for Shree Ashtavinayak says, "We have indeed signed Katrina for Blue. We would not like to disclose the figures involved. Also, she has a proper role in the film."

Now that's a great moolah for Katrina's jhatkas and matkas.