Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lotus_Flower

that very true preethi alot of kings of that era had countless women. and i was suprised to discover that Prithvi raj kapoor also played akhbar in mughal-e-azam i prefer that movie you just can't beat madhubala she was fantastic you could really see the pain in her eyes.

Mughal-E-Aazam was more of Salim and Anarkali's story than Akbar's and Akbar in that movie was shown in his old age...Whereas JA shows his first few years, from 13-28 I believe....

Yes, Akbar in this movie was shown to be much better than he actually was but that's coz of HrithikLOL...ok ok...it's coz they focused mainly on his good side....He was better than the other Mughal rulers...so he was more like an Andhon mein Kana Raja...but fom what I remember of my History texts in school, he was tolerant towards other religions and had started a new religion called Din-E-Ilahi which basically was like mixture of all religions and everyone was free to practice whatever religion they wished in whatever form...
Don't quote me on all this coz I am no expert....

As for Jodhaa's story, Jodhaa Bai is listed in the history texts as one of his wives.... and I wouldn't say the story shown in the movie was all made up. It could have very well been possible....Love between the two could have been the guiding factor in Akbar's life and he could owe his tolerance to his wife and her love could have transformed him.... History seems much more interesting and lovely if you think it could have been trueWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RagSiafreaky_insane

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Jodhaa akbar-actual history? (Page 2)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Goldie

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by DeSi*KuRi*

This is what I know:::

Akbar had three wives.. The first couldnt have children.. The second was the widow of Biaram Khan (person start of the movie).. the third was Jodha Bai (his true love).. She made many children with him he had a boy after many daugthers who went on to be the next king..
Akbar did have some flaws.. one was that he couldnt accept the relationship of his son with a courtsean Anakali.. He imprisoned her but told his son that he killed her.. So they never united..

Akbar had good relations with the Sikhs as he was tolerant of other religions.. However it was his great-grandson who killed the 9th guru (Guru Tegh Badurdar Ji)

Hope that helps,, but not sure how accurate this is.. Tongue

Anarkali's story is not real. It was created in a play by famous urdu writer Syed Imtiaz Ali Taj .. from then on it has been a discussion if Anarkali's character is truth or myth.

Akbar did not have many daughters with Jodha. They couldn't bore a child for many years after their marriage. That is why the king himself walked to the darga of Shaikh Salim Chisti . Later when Jehangir was born Akbar named him after the famous sage, Nuruddin Salim Jahangir.

Plus Akbar was the first emperor to abolish the ritual of "sati" in hinduism.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

deepi04RagSia...SoniSona....

pink_pari89

IF-Dazzler

pink_pari89

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
as far I know Akbaar had 40 wives Confused LOL he 1st got married when he was 12 years old Confused
well I found it on Wiki Ermm Stern Smile Stern Smile

n I also read sumwhere dat Jodhabai was Akbaar's daughter-in-law........ Confused

breathing_irony

IF-Dazzler

breathing_irony

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Firstly Akbar in Jodhaa-Akbar was shown to have some flaws: he didnt knw the meaning of winning ppl's hearts...he was shown to be barbaric when he ordered that painful death to his step brother. So no Akbar in JA wasnt all goody-goody.

The facts in the movie as far as I knw are:

1)Bairam Khan did rule on behalf of little Akbar. I dont knw if he was admonished to Mecca though.

2)Akbar did tame wild elephants acc to the Akbarnama.

3)Jodhaa was allwoed to practice her religion. She wasnt converted to a Muslim. She got the name Maryam after the birth of Salim/Jehangir coz the hard-line muslims in the court wanted the next ruler of India to be born to a muslim mother.

4) Jodhaa was a Kirshna bakht and would often sing Krishna bhajans....infact her mahal which exists even today has a lot of Krishna murels.

5) Akbar DID order Adhaam Khan to be dropped on his head twice from the terrace for treachery.

6) Akbar did go to markets as a commoner and he did cancel the pilgrimage tax. Whether this was under JOdhaa's influence no one can tell but the real Akbar!!

7) Maham Anga was after Akbar's throne but she went into depression after Adhaam's death.....so she actually wasnt scheming agaisnt Jodha.

8) Akbar was illeterate....infact he was dyslexic.

9) Jodhaa did hold a special place in Akbar's life.....it was afterall, Jodhaa's son who was named Akbar's heir. And Jodhaa if I knw right did get bestowed the title: "Mallika" by Akbar.

It was the norm then to have many wives just like how guys today have a abt 2-3 girlfriends before finding the one they truly love. That doesnt make Akbar less of a romantic....all kings had their fav wife.

10) And Akabr did prefer one-to-one combat (as shown in the climax of JA) to stop bloodshed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RagSia...SoniSona....

breathing_irony

IF-Dazzler

breathing_irony

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 1:00am | IP Logged
pink_pari89: Akbar's DIL was Jodh Bai not JodhA bai....this confusion is wht is infuriating the rajputs! Confused Confused

DeSi*KuRi*

Goldie

DeSi*KuRi*

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 416905

Originally posted by DeSi*KuRi*

This is what I know:::

Akbar had three wives.. The first couldnt have children.. The second was the widow of Biaram Khan (person start of the movie).. the third was Jodha Bai (his true love).. She made many children with him he had a boy after many daugthers who went on to be the next king..
Akbar did have some flaws.. one was that he couldnt accept the relationship of his son with a courtsean Anakali.. He imprisoned her but told his son that he killed her.. So they never united..

Akbar had good relations with the Sikhs as he was tolerant of other religions.. However it was his great-grandson who killed the 9th guru (Guru Tegh Badurdar Ji)

Hope that helps,, but not sure how accurate this is.. Tongue

Anarkali's story is not real. It was created in a play by famous urdu writer Syed Imtiaz Ali Taj .. from then on it has been a discussion if Anarkali's character is truth or myth.

Akbar did not have many daughters with Jodha. They couldn't bore a child for many years after their marriage. That is why the king himself walked to the darga of Shaikh Salim Chisti . Later when Jehangir was born Akbar named him after the famous sage, Nuruddin Salim Jahangir.

Plus Akbar was the first emperor to abolish the ritual of "sati" in hinduism.

Thanks for clearing that up for me... Tongue

DeSi*KuRi*

Goldie

DeSi*KuRi*

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 3:33am | IP Logged
@ breathing irony..

wow you certainly know your stuff about the era.. Where can I find out more about this.. Did you go to a special website or sumthing..

Anyways for the info.. cleared loads of info for me.. Tongue Tongue Tongue

breathing_irony

IF-Dazzler

breathing_irony

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 5:34am | IP Logged

^^The knowledge is a result of being a Hrithik fan who's been waiting for JA for 1.5 yrs!!

Another fact is that Akbar aws called the warrior prince. He was known to be excellent at sword fighting/weilding. This is clearly shown in tht infamous shirtless, sword-swirling, sweat-trickling down his spine scene in the movie.

He was also a strong believer in religion (ALL religions that is). This again is shown in 'Khawaja mere..." where he goes into a trance and again when he hears 'Man Mohana' for the first time.

most of the info is there in Wikipedia or if u do a google search on Akbar.....a lot of the info I got was from hrithikrules.com where some members read up on Akbar since hrithik was playing tht role. Some of the info is from Ashutosh himself who's read enarly all the books related to Akbar.

Edited by breathing_irony - 27 March 2008 at 5:40am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top