Book Talk

Best Movie/Television version of a book?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 1:53am | IP Logged
which do u think has been the best interpretation of a book on celluloid of Television...?

I think on Celluloid , it is Gone With The Wind and The Godfather Trilogy (I like 1 and 2 only in this though)
and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Best Movie/Television version of a book?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TINK

IF-Rockerz

TINK

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Wow, there has been so many adaptions!! Wink ...can't remember all off them!! Ouch LOL Wink ..

Though when I was in school, Matilda by Roald Dhal was adapted into a movie!!!...And all i can say that it was a treat to watch!! Embarrassed Big smile ...

Harry Potter Rulz, so that will be in my list as well!! Embarrassed LOL Wink ....

Something more mature, Ermm Ermm would be the BBC adaption of Janes Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Clap Clap Embarrassed we had to study the novel at school as well, so I remember that clearly!! Embarrassed Big smile ...

Basically all the BBC'c adaptions off all off Jane Austen's novels Clap Clap was a pleasure to watch!! Wink Big smile

Those are the ones I can think off now! Though i know there are many more! Big smile Embarrassed

Sam x

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 9:35am | IP Logged
^^Oh yes The BBC versions of Jane Austen novels are real good...I have seen PnP...it was quite a nice interpretation of the nice reading experience...(in fact I enjoyed it more bcoz the novel does tend to bcum languid at times na?!) Wink But all in all, the movie like the buk has that one particular quality which gives this classic a high..namely the fact that u will read and smile in ur highs or lows!Smile

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 26 March 2008 at 2:15am

lotus2007

lotus2007

Posted: 25 March 2008 at 8:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lucky_lakshmi

which do u think has been the best interpretation of a book on celluloid of Television...?

I think on Celluloid , it is Gone With The Wind and The Godfather Trilogy (I like 1 and 2 only in this though)
and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...-I also really like Sherlock Holmes starting with Jeremy BrettBig smile

Lotus.Wink

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 25 March 2008 at 8:30am | IP Logged

and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...

Oh man....I still havnt seen Gothfather yetEmbarrassed

Edited by Day_Dreamer - 25 March 2008 at 8:30am

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 25 March 2008 at 8:31am | IP Logged
I think Matilda Raold Dahl Clap

Edited by Day_Dreamer - 25 March 2008 at 8:31am

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lotus2007

and on Television..No second thoughts here...Adventures of Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett as the legendary sleuth...-I also really like Sherlock Holmes starting with Jeremy BrettBig smile

Lotus.Wink

Big smileHe immortalities Holmes...Infact, If anyone asks me about a character from a book which has been best portrayed on screen, I wud say its Sherlock Holmes by Jeremy Brett...Just amazing!Big smile

Originally posted by Day_Dreamer

WinkI know U are envious huh!?LOLWink U liked the book, u will like the movie too..Marlon Brando as The Don and Al Pacino as Michael has absolutely Rocked!Big smile

also: Not to forget the Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy...AMAZING!Big smileClap I started liking the buks better after I saw the movie!Embarrassed

N I think Martin Brest's "Scent of a Woman" is based on a book but I havent read the buk. I have seen the movie and Its one of my favouritesSmile

Edited by lucky_lakshmi - 26 March 2008 at 2:21am

-De.De-

IF-Sizzlerz

-De.De-

Posted: 26 March 2008 at 2:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Day_Dreamer

WinkI know U are envious huh!?LOLWink U liked the book, u will like the movie too..Marlon Brando as The Don and Al Pacino as Michael has absolutely Rocked!Big smile

also: Not to forget the Lord of the Rings Movie Trilogy...AMAZING!Big smileClap I started liking the buks better after I saw the movie!Embarrassed

N I think Martin Brest's "Scent of a Woman" is based on a book but I havent read the buk. I have seen the movie and Its one of my favouritesSmile

LOLLOLhaan na...Wink I always tell my mum ke jab bhi lage tell me and mum always forgetsOuch and i miss itOuch but this time zaroor dekhongiEmbarrassed lords of the ring bhi dekhi hai (exp last part) but haven't read the book.....

Scent of Woman... hmmmmmm well will try to watch it or read book atleastEmbarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top