Happy ever after

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Morning_Dew

Goldie

Morning_Dew

Deactivated on request

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 5:06pm | IP Logged

One new study showed , happily married people have lower blood pressures compare to single or unhappily married people.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=cc1656 c4-e7f9-438e-9c66-f97e3c555143

Debate is :

Is marriage make people healthy or healthy people tend to get married and live happily ?

Edited by Morning_Dew - 23 March 2008 at 5:07pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Happy ever after" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2008 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 12:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

One new study showed , happily married people have lower blood pressures compare to single or unhappily married people.

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=cc1656 c4-e7f9-438e-9c66-f97e3c555143

Debate is :

Is marriage make people healthy or healthy people tend to get married and live happily ?

Men never worry until he get married.............Women worried till she get married.............sooo 50-50 chance only.......Embarrassed

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

Debate is :

Aap ek lambe arsay tak ghayab rehti hain, phir ek saath debate topics ka ambaar laga deti hain. Mujhe kuch shaque ho raha hai WinkLOL

I couldn't open the link, but I read the report in our local newspaper and one very crucial observation was that only people who had happy marriages led healthy lives. If you were in an unhappy marriage then you stood to lose out as much as single people were supposed to.

I have a problem with the premise of the research. I am sure many of us will testify to knowing people who have very happy marriages, yet one or both partners suffer from health problems. And I am not just talking about those who are elderly.

Secondly, I think a survey like this probably holds more ground in countries where people leave home as soon as they turn 18. Loneliness, not having family support, peer pressure, work pressure - they all take their toll on a person's health. Being in a marriage, or even a relationship can alleviate some of those symptoms, but then so can being part of a lively, happy family. Smile

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
Happily Ever After requires Disney Princesses, Enchanted Forests and woodland creatures that talk.

sweetmagic4u

Goldie

sweetmagic4u

Posted: 24 March 2008 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Happily ever after I don't believe in, there will always be ups and downs, And such studies and statistics I don't find that credible...

As for happily married people being more healthy, I think there is some truth in general happiness leading to some sort of improvement in health...you know that "glow" people
say one gets from being in love?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top